Having a naturally straightened hair is a dream for those with coarse and curly hair. People with straight hairs are always elegant in the simplicity of their locks. There is no need for them to do more styling because having a wonderful straight hair is a great feat to achieve. Normally, people would end up using heating irons and other chemicals to achieve the perfect straight hair that they oh-so-badly want to have. Can you get straight hair without heat in 5 minutes? Believe it or not, there are different ways on how to get your hair straight naturally (though most might take more than 5 minutes)! Yes, these simple dos will leave you in awe as you see your hair straightening without using heat or chemicals.
Straighten hair naturally at home with the use of these home remedies for straight hair!
Your hair is 90% of your selfie
5 Simple Home Remedies To Get Straight Hair Without Using Heat Iron
1. Hair Rollers
- When taking a bath, shampoo and condition your hair as you normally do. Look and use a shampoo that is designed for dry and damaged hair. Be aware of shampoos containing surfactants and sulfates as they are not good for your hair too. As you apply both the shampoo and the conditioner, make sure that you do not rub your hair together to prevent breakage and frizz.
- Gently press excess water from hair with a towel.
- Apply natural oil or a leave-in conditioner to wet hair and evenly distribute it from root to tip.
- Comb hair using a wide-toothed comb.
- Divide hair into 2-inch sections using a tail comb. Place a big roller on the part of hair near the end. Wrap the ends up the roller. Roll the rest of the hair towards your scalp.
- Secure the roller 1-in from scalp using plastic clips or bobby pins.
- Leave your hair to dry. Air drying is a better option compared to blow drying. But if you use a blow-dryer, use the lowest setting to prevent hair damage.
- Gently remove hair rollers when your hair has been dried completely.
- Comb hair using a wide-toothed comb again.
- Apply coconut oil evenly on your hair.
2. Banana Mask
- Gather the important ingredients: 2-3 ripe bananas, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp honey. These ingredients have specific nutrients that help nourish your hair and keep it healthy.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a medium-size bowl. Make sure to mash it completely without any residual chunks.
- Mix Greek yogurt, olive oil, and honey together with the mashed banana. Mix thoroughly until the consistency feels like the ones in bottled conditioners.
- Apply mask evenly on dry hair, and cover with a shower cap. Leave for 1 hour.
- Rinse the mask with a gentle shampoo and warm water. Apply conditioner thereafter.
3. Coconut Milk Mask
- Gather all ingredients: 1 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 3 tbsp cornstarch, 4 tbsp lemon juice. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your hair as it contains vitamin E, fiber, and fats, while olive oil will also add more moisturizing power to your hair mask.
- Whip coconut milk and extra-virgin olive oil together in a medium-sized saucepan.
- In another bowl, mix cornstarch and lemon juice together until a smooth form forms. People with hair color should avoid the use of lemon juice as it’ll make the color fade away faster.
- Add the cornstarch and lemon juice mixture to the coconut milk and olive oil mixture and whisk over medium heat until it thickens. Once it looks like the consistency of a bottled conditioner, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Apply the mask evenly to your hair.
- Cover hair with a shower cap.
- Apply heat. You can either warm a damp towel in a microwave and cover your hair with it, or you can use a hairdryer on a low setting.
- Wash gently with shampoo and warm water. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly. Apply a conditioner too.
- Comb hair with finer combs to help detangle and stretch your hair.
4. Hair Bands
- Wash and condition your hair using a gentle shampoo and a good conditioner.
- Remove excess moisture with a towel, but do not rub too hard as it may cause breakage and frizz.
- Comb through hair using a detangling comb with wider teeth and follow it through with a fine-toothed comb for a smoother finish.
- Separate hair into 2 pigtails that starts near at your nape. Secure the pigtails with elastic bands.
- Wrap elastic bands on both pigtails for every 2-3 in intervals. Do not wrap too tightly.
- Cover your entire hair with a silk scarf and secure it with bobby pins. The silk scarf prevents hair tangles and reduces frizz while drying.
- Remove scarf, pins, and bands gently.
- Comb hair using a wide-toothed comb.
5. Overnight Wrap
- Wash and condition your hair using a gentle shampoo and a good conditioner. Do not towel dry hair. Keep it soaking wet for further steps.
- Apply leave-in conditioner evenly to wet hair. If you do not want a leave-in conditioner, then you use natural oils such as argan or olive oil for thicker hair; and grape seed oil or coconut oil for thinner hair.
- Divide hair into 4 equal parts across the scalp. Thicker hairs can be divided into 6 parts.
- Brush one section of the hair with round natural-bristle brush. Brush the same section down across the scalp and gently insert bobby pins every 2 inches to secure.
- Continue securing the different sections of your hair across the scalp. You can use as many bobby pins as you need to secure hair properly.
- Once all sections have been secured and the hair begins to dry, apply more water by spraying it or splashing with bare hands.
- Leave bobby pins overnight.
- Gently remove bobby pins in the morning when you wake up.
- Comb hair using wide tooth comb to remove tangles. Do not use a brush since it’ll increase volume and frizz.