We keep eating and eating, yet feel tired and starved. This is when bacteria and parasites begin feasting on our accumulated garbage. Your body slowly dies without making you realize as to what is happening. Ever wondered how parasites occupy your colon and consume all the nutrition that you are supposed to get? Here, take a look at this video:
Intestinal parasites can easily infect your gastrointestinal tract. Though these parasites are found throughout the body, the most common region is your “intestinal wall”. They can easily enter your body through the skin and damage your organs.
They get inside the body when you do any of the following:
- Drinking impure water
- Consuming undercooked meat
Intestinal parasites are classified into 2 types:
You can never be healthy unless you get rid of these parasites. Your intestine, colon, and bowel need to be completely clean.
Colon is a part of your digestive system, which helps in extracting water, vitamins, salt and other nutrients from the food you consume. Once extracted, it processes the undigested food into your small intestine and eliminates the solid waste.
But, there are times when your colon does not function the way it is supposed to. This is when it starts to absorb all the toxins rather eliminating them. Thus, causing some health problems like:
- Weight gain
- Low energy
These health issues can also happen due to undigested foods (ones that contain preservatives, additives, and chemicals). The foods that we consume today can lead to form mucus inside the colon, thus, producing a lot of toxins in your body.
Let’s face it – at some point or the other, we all secretly suffer from intestinal and digestive problems. The deeper you learn about your digestive system, the yuckier you will feel and this is probably also a major reason why we avoid dealing with it. Your intestinal system isn’t a garbage tube. It is a place where all the nutrients are pulled out from the food and then absorbed into the bloodstream through the liver.
When you eat processed unhealthy foods, it is acidic to your body. In order to defend itself, your body covers the food with mucus. Gradually, this occupies your entire intestine and stops nutrition from getting inside the body.
10 Symptoms Your Colon Is Toxic
Just like any other body part, even your colon can turn toxic or it might not function the right way. So, how to know if your colon is toxic? Here are 10 vital signs to look for:
- You will suffer some digestive problems like diarrhea, constipation, and IBS
- Muscle and joint pain
- Anxiety, fatigue, poor memory, mood swings, brain fog and depression
- Recurrent bladder or vaginal infection
- Skin rashes
- Indigestion and stomach ache
- Acidity and bloating
- Often feeling unwell
- Getting season sickness
- Poor immune system
Once you observe the above symptoms, a natural colon cleanse is what you need to do. Though there are many ways you could do this, livealittlelonger.com recommends the greener way. Just follow the natural colon cleansing diet plan for 7 days to get rid of harmful toxins.
Why Is Colon Cleansing Important?
Think of your colon as a box, where you throw food inside every day. What happens when you dump food every single day (for 3 times for even more)? Yes of course, you will be emptying the box but you are not cleaning it.
Now, imagine how this box will actually look like after 10 or 15 years? You will see a thick mucus formed on the walls, probably 1 inch deeper and of course the added rotten smell. This mucus is full of fungus, yeast, parasites, bacteria, and mold. The mere thought can make you feel disgusting. But this is what your digestive tract is surviving with. All the while you kept eating and just emptied. You haven’t cleaned it. Most people never cleanse their internal body parts and wonder why their poop smells so bad. The reason is obvious. Everything inside is rotten.
Note: If you have any serious health condition or under medications, it is very important to talk to your doctor before starting a colon cleanse program.
What To Eat While Colon Cleansing?
Consume foods that are rich in Vitamin D, natural fibers and folate (Vitamin B) for natural colon cleanse. Examples include:
- Apples (Green and red)
- Berries (blueberries, gooseberries, cranberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- Celery seeds
- Aloe Vera
- Fruit juice
- Green leafy vegetables
- Green tea
This diet consists majorly of green veggies which are popular fat burning foods that help you in weight loss as well.
What Not To Eat While Colon Cleansing?
Cut down red meat, processed foods, sugar, artificial sweeteners and milk products. Examples include:
- Cottage cheese
- Meat(Pork, beef, hot dogs, cold cuts, deli meats, veal, fish, canned meats)
- Ice Cream
- Sour cream
- Steak sauce
- Salad dressings
- Soft or energy drinks
- Nuts (Though nuts are healthy, you need to exclude them from a cleansing diet. If you still want to eat, soak them in hot water for 2 hours and then consume)
How To Cleanse Your Colon Naturally?
The practice of natural colon cleansing is not new. It existed since ancient times. However, it got popular during the 1920s. Detoxing is a great way to improve the way your internal organs perform. To enhance your body’s vitality here is a safe and 100% natural diet plan for you to follow for 7 days.
Note: Since you are going to be on a fruit & plant based (and no grains) diet for 7 days, it is natural for you to feel a lack of energy. No matter how much you eat, you will feel as if your stomach is empty. Hence, it is important to keep consuming water, salad, soups, fruit or vegetable juices within every 2 hours gap. But don’t eat so much that you start feeling heavy, or bloated. This will make you end up breaking the diet rule. Keep it healthy and light. Eat nutritious so that you will have the energy to carry out your daily tasks.
Start With Sea Salt Solution
Salt water purges all the bacteria, mucoidal plaque and bacteria from your colon. The process of cleaning your colon with sea salt is also called “salt water flush”. This is something you should begin your routine with.
- Step 1: Mix 2 tablespoons of unrefined sea salt (do not use common salt) with one quarter lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Drink this solution firstly in the morning. If you do not like the taste, you can buffer it up with some fresh lime or lemon juice.
- Step 3: After you drink the salt water solution, be prepared for the next hour. You might feel a headache, nausea and even queasy – because salt water removes all the toxins and then carries them through your intestines. Since this process happens quickly, you will start to visit the washroom more frequently. While some may evacuate all the salt water just within 1 to 2 hours, some can take few hours.
- Option 1: One cup strawberries + one apple + one cup herbal tea + one tablespoon almonds (2 to 3 hours soaked in prior).
- Option 2: One glass of fresh vegetable juice + one avocado + half a cup raspberries.
- Option 3: One plate of fruit or vegetable salad mixed with 1 tablespoon flaxseeds or flaxseed powder + one glass of freshly prepared vegetable or fruit juice.
Make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day.
- Option 1: Half a cup quinoa + half a cup of steamed peppers and asparagus.
- Option 2: One cup blueberries + half a cup of baby carrots + one glass of fruit juice.
- Option 3: One bowl of steamed vegetables + one cup of pureed vegetable soup.
Make sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Option 1: One cup of spinach soup garnished with few garlic pieces + one bowl of broccoli sprouts.
- Option 2: One small banana + half a cup raspberries + one apple.
Whenever You Are Hungry (In-between meals), Have This Snack:
- Option 1: 1/2 cup baby carrots + 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- Option 2: 1/2 cup raspberries + 1 apple