11. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera helps in fading pimples – this is something you have been hearing or reading all the while. Well, it truly works, and that is why people keep writing and praising about it. But very few of us follow the tip. Believe it or not, Aloe Vera has multiple benefits. That is why it is often referred as a boon from Mother Nature. The gel of this plant can be used for soothing the skin, and it has antibacterial and other infectious properties. Apart from treating skin problems, it assists in reducing dental plaque, mouth ulcers, constipation, diabetes, wrinkles, burns, and so on. Hence, to try a remedy using Aloe Vera to treat your pimples, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Cut the branch of an Aloe Vera plant exactly at the tip.
- Step 2: Turn the branch and derive gel in a bowl.
- Step 3: You can clean the face with water and then pat dry.
- Step 4: Then apply the gel on the face and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Step 5: You can then wash the face with pure water.
How Does This Work?
The hormones in aloe vera are called gibberellins and the polysaccharides, which have the potential to eliminate pimples. The component called as anthraquinone present in Aloe Vera enhances the skin’s nutrients, restoration of cells in the skin. The other component is salicylic acid that regulates the pH balance of the skin. Now you know how Aloe Vera can cure pimples.
Aloe Vera Is Not Good, If:
You are allergic to the plant (of Liliaceae family) such as tulips, onions, and garlic. You may experience burning and itching. So kindly apply some paste on a normal area to test and then after some time, if no reaction occurs on the infected areas.
Lemons are not only nutritious but also a great way to enhance your beauty. They are amazingly good for treating pimples, age spots, freckles, and dark spots. They are fortified with many nutrients like vitamin B, C, carbohydrates, and phosphorus. The natural acids in lemons help in eliminating dead skin cells, lightening the spots, and clearing the facial discoloration. All you need to do is to apply its juice on the affected skin part and you will soon see a noticeable difference. But yes, only if you are patient. Understand that herbal remedies need time to heal. The results can’t be sudden or within an overnight. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take a lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Step 2: Add a small cup of water to the juice. Stir well. You can also add honey (one tablespoon) as an alternative to water.
- Step 3: Dip a cotton ball in the bowl and apply on the affected areas before going to bed.
- Step 4: You can wash the areas with warm water.
- Step 5: Continue the procedure until you get positive results.
How Does This Work?
Since lemon contains citric acid, the old cells are eliminated, and the pores will get unclogged. The excess sebum will be drained out from the pores. The other benefits of applying lemon are it lightens the skin thus shading out the scars that were the result of pimples or acne. The alpha hydroxyl acids in the lemon juice can stimulate exfoliation by eliminating the external layer of dead skin cells, improve blood circulation, and stimulates new cell growth.
Lemon Is Not Good, If:
- You have sensitive skin. Application of lemon juice can harden any skin. The best way is to mix with honey.
- You have severe skin allergies. The citric acid may worsen it.
- You have dry or peeling skin. Lemons can make it worse.