Pimples occur when the pores are clogged. This commonly happens when there is an excess accumulation of bacteria and sebum. Though there are many natural remedies for pimples, potatoes have been known to be highly beneficial. This is due to the kind of healthy components this vegetable possesses. It is rich in phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium, which assist in reducing the irritation and inflammation. They have essential antioxidants to nourish the skin, and encourage the growth of new cells. To try a remedy using potato for a natural pimple treatment, here is what you need to do:
- Step 1: You will need a potato and one cup of warm water.
- Step 2: Wash the face with water and pat it dry.
- Step 3: Grate the potato into small pieces.
- Step 4: Apply the pulp and juice on the face.
- Step 5: Let the paste dry. Wash with warm water.
- Step 6: Continue the process for two weeks for best results.
How Does This Work?
This method is good if you have oily skin. The collagen is stimulated, and potatoes are rich in Vitamin C, the antioxidant that can enhance healing and prevent damage to cells. Pimples are eliminated in an easy way.
Potato Is Not Good, If:
No severe skin side effects have been documented for this ingredient.
4. Avocado & Honey Mask
Avocados are pear-shaped fruits, which are loaded with miraculous beauty and health benefits. Otherwise known as alligator pears or butter fruits, avocados are native to Guam, Central America, and Mexico.
These fleshy, green fruits have been cultivated for since ages. Since they are naturally fortified with a plethora of vital nutrients, they are helpful in the treatment of skin and health problems. For all types of skin, to prevent pimples, this process suits the best – avocado and honey mask.
Honey, on the other hand, is well known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It kills all the bacteria that causes a skin infection. It is loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids, which assist in fading the ageing signs. The blend of glucose and fructose in honey ensures that blood sugar levels are normal. Besides this, it nourishes your skin and adds a natural glow. So, no wonder why many beauty experts recommend adding honey while making packs and masks. Hence, to try a remedy using these two natural ingredients, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: You can have a fruit of avocado and a tablespoon of honey.
- Step 2: You can scrap the inside contents of the avocado fruit and then mash it up.
- Step 3: You can join in the honey in the fruit on a bowl, and then mix until they become a paste.
- Step 4: You can apply the paste on the skin and leave it for twenty minutes.
- Step 5: After the duration, you can wash the face with water and pat the face dry.
How Does This Work?
Vitamin E in skin eliminates the free radicals that cause damage to healthy skin cells. Vitamin A in the fruit assists in the treatment of dry flaky and peeling skin. Vitamin C is essential for building up collagen thus promoting elasticity and skin strength. Healthy skin is brought back to order, and you get relief from pimples.
The Remedy Is Not Good If:
- You have an extremely oily skin. Though this mask is safe, still every skin is different. It is always good to test before trying the remedy.
- You are using processed honey. We recommend you to use 100% organic honey for best results.