If you are always on the lookout for weight loss options, you may be interested in how detox water can help lose weight. While detox water may have a reputation for just being a trend or fad, there are actual health benefits that come from detoxing your body, as well as weight loss ones.
While nothing on its own is enough for weight loss, adding certain things to your diet or trying new health regimens can make a difference and provide you with benefits you may have not been able to get otherwise.
Detox Water For Weight Loss: How Does It Work?
Of course, as with any diet or weight loss fad, you want to educate yourself before embarking on what may be a challenge. You may wonder if it really helps you to lose weight, and if so, how does it help you to lose weight? How does it work and what can you expect from drinking detox water?
To help put your doubts at rest and provide you with the answers that you are looking for, following are the top ways that detox water will benefit your body and its weight loss:
- Keep in mind that detox water is made with water. Drinking a lot of water is extremely beneficial for kidney and liver health and for keeping your body clean. Weight loss and good health depends on several factors, but filling your body with the good is one way of ensuring that it functions well, which is key in weight loss.
- The flavors and freshness in detox water helps to make it easier for some people to remember to drink throughout the day. The key to losing weight by drinking detox water is to drink enough of it, so being faithful to drink it on regular intervals is what will do the trick.
- Because detox water can be made out of a variety of fruits or even vegetables, you are providing your body with a lot of vitamins, especially when you drink from 6-8 glasses throughout the day.
- Another reason why detox water is beneficial in weight loss is because it helps to increase your metabolism which is a key factor in being able to lose weight. Some people who try a number of weight loss methods without caring about their metabolism may discover that losing weight is more difficult than they imagined. Detox water is a big boost for anyone who needs an increased metabolism to reach their fitness goals.
- One of the biggest reasons why detox water can help you to lose weight is because it helps to eliminate toxins from your body that cause water retention. Water retention is a big reason why some people may be a little bit overweight and detoxifying the body is what will help people to shed those few extra pounds.
- When you drink a large amount of water and especially water with fruits and vegetables combined in it, you will see how your appetite decreases in a healthy way. Because you are filling your body with water and healthy nutrients, you will not feel the need to snack quite as often and will feel fuller easier.
- Detox water helps your organs to be healthier. A healthy liver, colon, kidney, and overall digestive system which will help your body to function as it should, which means better health overall and which makes it easier to lose weight. Those who are having problems with water retention or constipation and extra weight because of it, may simply need to provide their organs with some care and health boosts and detox water can help to do this.
Best Combinations for Tasty Detox Water
Because different fruits and vegetables have different benefits, you can choose your detox water based on the results that you want or the kind of vitamins that you are looking for, for your body. Following are some examples of the benefits of different combinations and fruits:
Detox Mix 1: Orange and strawberry
As you may know, oranges are full of vitamin C which, while not an antioxidant, is extremely beneficial to your health. Strawberries are a great antioxidant and provide your body with vitamin C, so if you are looking to strengthen your immune system while detoxing, this is a great combination for you.
Detox Mix 2: Blueberry and Watermelon
Blueberries are an amazing fruit and provide your body with several health benefits. Because blueberries are a great antioxidant, it is one of the best fruits to use in your detox water as it is extremely helpful in cleansing your body of the build-up of toxins. Watermelon is rich in all types of vitamins, such as vitamins C and A, as well as antioxidants, making the combination a winning one for weight loss and detox.
Detox Mix 3: Cucumber and Lemon
Not only is this combination an extremely refreshing mix to drink, especially during the summer, it’s also rich in a variety of vitamins and antioxidants. Cucumbers are extremely rich in antioxidants and are very low in calories, making them an ideal addition to your detox water. Lemons or limes-whichever one you prefer-are great for your immune system and provide your body with plenty of vitamin C, as well as providing you with an important fiber that is ideal detox water for weight loss, known as pectin.
How to Use Detox Water to Lose Weight
While drinking detox water is a great thing to do for your health in general, it is highly beneficial for weight loss. Yet for it to work wonders, there are some things to keep in mind while working towards your weight loss goals.
Drink plenty of it. While a few glasses may help you to feel refreshed and help you to get some of the water intake that you need, you should drink up to 8 glasses a day to ensure that you get the nutrients that you need to detoxify your body.
Combine your intake of detox water with an exercise regimen. Exercise is always beneficial for weight loss and when combined with detox water, it can make a world of difference. Your body needs to move and burn calories to help remove toxins.
Avoid eating unhealthy food. You may start to feel amazing as you start to drink detox water and feel a change in your body, but it won’t do much good if you continue to maintain unhealthy eating habits. Any good nutrients that you may be getting from your detox water won’t benefit you as much as they would have if you changed your meals to healthy foods, such as healthy proteins, vegetables, and fruit.
Drink detox water with plenty of antioxidants. Antioxidants are a key component of weight loss because they cleanse your body of toxins that encourage fat build-up.
You Can Do It!
While at first it may take some time to get used to faithfully preparing your detox waters, once it becomes a habit in your life, you will find yourself feeling better, healthier, cleaner, and more refreshed. Switching up different combinations of fruits will ensure that you not only get more nutrients throughout the week, but that you also don’t get bored of the same detox water over and over again.
To make it easier to stay on top of drinking up to 8 or more glasses of detox water a day, you may need to invest in some type of water bottle that keeps your detox water cool throughout the day and that you can take with you to work or wherever you need to be. For you to truly see benefits from detox water, you should make sure to drink as much as possible.
So, Is it Worth It?
Detox water for weight loss or Drinking detox water is one of the easiest ways for you to be able to provide your body with the nutrients you need and that will help you to lose weight. While just drinking detox water on its own will most likely not be the only thing you need for weight loss, it can play a big part in helping you to lose the pounds and get healthier in the process.
You can apply different combinations and try new mixes on a regular basis.
There is no limit to the nutrients that you can get from the fruits that you try. Whether you like citric or cucumber or prefer the sweeter fruits like blueberries or strawberries, you can be sure that detox water is both helpful and delicious. Whether you believe that it helps or not, detox water is a delicious way of making sure that you drink water and no one can deny the benefits of drinking water. Happy detoxing!