5. Upward Facing Dog
Sanskrit Name: Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
Benefits & Purpose: It helps to stretch and strengthen the spine, arms and wrists.
- Lie with your face down on the floor. Keep your hands under the shoulders and legs extended with tops of your feet on the floor.
- Push your hip down as you squeeze your glutes.
- By balancing on your hands, push up and lift your chest from the ground.
- Then Relax, breathe and repeat the same.
4. Pigeon Pose
Sanskrit Name: Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
Benefits & Purpose: It opens up the chest and shoulders. It is a great quad stretch.
- Start in a push-up position, and keep your hands under your shoulders.
- Now place your left knee on the floor with your left heel on your right hip side.
- Press your hands on the floor and sit back. Keep your chest lifted by looking up.
- For a stretch, you can also bend your chest close to the floor.
- Relax for few seconds and repeat with the other leg.
3. Seated Twist
Sanskrit Name: Ardha Matsyendrasana
Benefits & Purpose: It gives you an incredible stretch, especially if you are sitting for long hours at the office. It also relaxes the neck, shoulder and hip.
- Sit on the floor and extend your legs.
- Now cross your right foot over the outside of left thigh.
- Then bend your left knee pointed towards upwards.
- Place your right hand on the floor behind you and your left elbow outside of your right knee to stay stable. Twist to your right completely by moving from your abdomen.
- Make sure that you keep both the sides of your butt on the floor. Do this for both sides.
2. Warrior Pose
Sanskrit Name: Virabhadrasana
Benefits & Purpose: It stretches as well as strengthens the legs and ankles.
- Stand with your legs apart.
- Now turn your left foot 90 degree and right foot slightly
- Keep your shoulders down, and then extend your arms with your palms facing down.
- Rush into your right knee at 90 degrees, keep your right knee over your right foot.
- Focus completely on your hands as far as you can then switch the sides.
1. Triangle Pose
Sanskrit Name: Trikonasana
Benefits & Purpose: This pose strengthens thighs, knees and ankle. It relieves a backache; it is a kind of full body stretch.
- Take a warrior position on your right side without rushing into your right knee.
- Now touch the inside of your right foot on the outside of your right hand.
- Reach to the ceiling side with your left hand.
- Now turn your body towards and besides your left hand for stretching your back.
- Relax and switch to the other side.
The yoga poses listed above offers incredible body benefits if practiced every morning or evening. There are some more easy yoga poses that look hard but are not in real. We would have listed them but we thought of sticking to the basic ones. Feel free to drop your sugesstions in the comments section.