Body toning exercises are a great way to tighten, strengthen, and elongate the muscles. They help the body to get into a perfect shape. But the question is, what body toning exercises should you follow on your everyday regime? Here are 10 amazing exercises that will help you have awesome abs, tighter arms, and of course, sexy hip and butt.
Note: If you are extremely obese, discuss with a doctor regarding these body toning exercises because you might end up rupturing the muscles. It is highly recommended to start these body toning exercises in smaller amounts and increase the workout session gradually.
10 Full Body Toning Exercises For An Extraordinary Shape
1. Push ups
Pushups target shoulder, triceps, chest and abs.
- Start yourself in a modified push-up position, hands placed on the ground – a little wider than shoulders.
- Keep yourself straight from the top of your head until legs and abs tight. Bend your elbow at 90 degrees and then push back to start again.
- Repeat this for 15 – 20 times. During the last repetition, lift the knees to keep yourself in a whole push-up position with legs held.
- Hold for 30 Seconds and make sure to keep the body straight.
2. Chest Flys
Chest Flys target shoulders and chest.
- Lie down with your face upwards and knees bent. Hold the dumbbells with your arms extended and palms facing each other.
- Slowly open your arms outside, keeping your elbows slightly bent. Stop lifting when weights are an inch from the ground. Take weights back to the starting position and do it for 15 – 20 times.
- Take a weight that is lighter than the previous one and do again for 10 – 15 times.
3. Reverse Lunge
Reverse Lunge targets glutes, hamstrings, quads.
- Stand with hip width apart, by holding lighter weight dumbbells with palms inside.
- Lunge your right foot behind and lower the right knee towards the ground. Bend it 90 degrees so that it is aligned to ankle.
- Return to start position by driving your body weight through left heel and bring your right knee to your hip level. Do 15 times by switching your legs.
4. Plie Squat
Plie Squat targets glutes, quads and inner thighs.
- Stand with your feet wider than your shoulders. Keep the toes turned outside and hold the lighter dumbbells in front of your thighs vertically.
- Bend 90 degrees by keeping the abs tight, Ensure to keep the torso tall. Keep your knees between the second & third toes and weight on your heels.
- Squeeze your glutes and do 15 reps.
5. Biceps Curl
Biceps curl targets only biceps.
- Stand with your feet together and the knees slightly bent. Hold a heavy dumbbell in both the hands with palms facing up. Now slowly curl the biceps to your shoulders by contracting.
- Slowly, return to the initial position, pick up the lighter set of dumbbells, and repeat the same. Do this for 10 times.
6. Inner Outer Leg Lifts
Inner, outer leg lifts targets glutes, outer and inner thighs.
- Stand straight with your feet apart and arms extended. Keep your palms down.
- Now lift your left leg sideways by squeezing the outer thigh and glutes.
- Repeat this for 15 times. Next, switch your legs and repeat from beginning.
7. Back Flye
Back Flye targets upper back and shoulders.
- Stand straight with feet apart and keep the right leg 3 feet behind your left leg. Hold the heavier dumbbells in both the hands facing each other.
- Bend forward from your waist. Extend your arms down to the ground in front of the left knee.
- Slowly open your arms straight out to shoulder level by contracting your muscles of the upper
- Lower the weights and repeat it. Do it for 15 times.
- After completing take a lower weight and repeat it for ten
8. Roll up
Roll up targets deep and six pack abdominals.
- Lie on the ground (face up) with your knees bent and your arms extended next to your ears and palms facing upwards.
- Now reach the arms straight as soon as you contract the abs. Lift your head, neck and shoulders off the ground. Just keep your spine round by moving smoothly.
- Just pull your abs in tight and start rolling back down, one vertebra at a time.
- Do 8 reps initially.
9. Side Reach
Side Reach targets obliques and the abdomen.
- Lie down on the ground on your right side with your legs stacked with right arm on the ground and left arm on the left leg.
- Keep the abs pulled, reaching the left arm down as if you are touching the ankle.
- Slowly lower your back down, by using oblique to provide support.
- Do it for 8 times and start switching your legs.
10. Boat Pose
Boat Pose targets your abs and abdomen.
- Sit on the ground with knees bent and feet apart.
- Place your hands under the thighs and inhale deeply.
- Exhale by lifting your feet off the ground and pull your abs in tight.
- Slightly lean back by balancing on your tailbone and open your arms wide out two sides.
- Hold the same position for about 8 breaths and then return to the initial position and repeat.
- Do 3 reps initially.
Just start doing all the above body toning exercises in smaller amounts. Later learning and getting to them you can increase your reps gradually. However, if you can do it regularly, these are the best body toning exercises to shape up your body and to strengthen your muscles.