9. Cooked Kenaf Leaves
Kenaf, scientifically known as Hibiscus Cannabinus is a wonder plant whose leaves come to a great help when combating constipation. Native to Africa, kenaf is a rich source of natural proteins, phosphorous, and calcium. Also, it is very low in calories. Its seeds are fortified with thorium and radium. It boosts the metabolism, which in turn makes sure that there is a clear excretion of stool. Earlier, people were unaware of the medical benefits this plant could offer. Thanks to the internet and research journals. To cure constipation naturally with the help of kenaf leaves, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Take some fresh Kenaf Leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- Step 2: Cook them and consume with your meals on a regular basis.
- Step 3: Do this for a few days and see the difference.
How Does This Work?
Kenaf leaves have some essential fruit acids that act as a natural laxative. According to researchers, certain chemical compounds in Hibiscus Cannabinus help in decreasing stomach spasms, uterus, and intestines. They ease the stool. Apart from this, they also work as natural antibiotics and kill the worms and bacteria too.
Kenaf Leaves Are Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. The leaves might adversely affect the embryo.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are diabetic. It might decrease the sugar levels.
- You have undergone surgery or going to have one soon.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is often associated with salad dressings and beauty packs. But, it works great for constipation as well. Olive oil is extracted from healthy ripe olives and possesses many health benefits. This essential oil not only promotes a strong gallbladder but also ensures that your digestive system and colon are healthy. It stimulates your digestive tract and gets things moving. It makes it easier for you to pass stools. When consumed regularly, it can relieve constipation. But did you know that when olive oil is combined with fresh lemon juice, it can flush out all the undigested waste (built up on the colon wall) and toxins from the body. To try the remedy, follow the steps given below:
You will need:
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Step 1: Consume one tablespoon of olive oil every morning on an empty stomach.
- Step 2: If you forget, wait until you have not eaten anything for a while.
- Step 3: Mix olive oil with lemon juice to lighten its taste. Lemon juice also acts as a natural aid in constipation.
How Does This Work?
It stimulates your digestive tract and gets the waste matter moving. When taken regularly, it helps in relieving constipation. Olive oil contains fats, monounsaturated oils, iron, vitamins E, K, omega 3, 6 fatty acids as well as antioxidants. In the initial stage, it strengthens the colon’s mucous lining, which has been damaged by hard stools. The gall bladder is stimulated, bile is released, and the fats are digested in the tract. It also assists in the contraction of intestinal muscles, and the stools are softened and become easy to be eliminated.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- If you have diabetes. It is advisable to seek the advice of a doctor as your blood sugar levels can be affected.
- It is recommended not to use olive oil two weeks before and after surgery.
- If you are taking medication for diabetes. Interaction can happen with glyburide (DiaBeta, Glynase PresTab, Micronase), tolbutamide (Orinase) as well as others.
- If you are taking medicines for low blood pressure. The levels might become low. Some of the medicines are hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL), furosemide (Lasix) and others.