Similar to garlic, onion is also an effective home remedy to get rid of corns on feet and toes. It has powerful and natural antibacterial properties to kill all the microbes that cause the skin infection. It helps in breaking down the hard and dry skin while eliminating the risk of skin infections from happening further. Also, it reduces the pain, discomfort, and soreness that come with the corns. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Slice an onion and place it on the corn.
- Step 2: Secure the onion piece with the help of a bandage.
- Step 3: Leave the piece overnight and in the following morning dispose of it.
- Step 4: Practice the process for a week and you will see satisfactory results.
How Does This Work?
Onion contains more amount of the flavonoid, quercetin that is known for its antioxidant properties. In this case, the sulfur in the onion assists in tearing off the old skin. You can square off the old skin with a pumice stone.
Onion Is Not Good, If:
- You have skin rashes. The remedy can backfire.
- You are allergic to onions. You might get red, itchy rashes.
4. Turmeric and Honey
The blend of turmeric and honey is one of the best and ancient home remedies for corns. Talking about turmeric, it has natural anti-inflammatory properties to help ease the discomfort and pain that comes when you get corn. Further, it decreases the pain and boosts the healing process as well. On the other hand, honey acts as a natural moisturizer and humectants, meaning that it seals and traps the moisture; thus, making it perfect for hard, dry and cracked skin. Also, it helps in warding off bacteria. To try a remedy using these two ingredients, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Make a paste of honey and turmeric powder.
- Step 2: Apply on the corn area and let it dry.
- Step 3: You will see the corn being diminished in size within a week.
How Does This Work?
Honey contains many vitamins and minerals like copper, magnesium, potassium, pantothenic acid, riboflavin to prevent the skin infection whereas the major component in turmeric is curcumin present, which ensures that the recovery is fast.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
No possible side effects have been documented after application of honey and turmeric externally on skin.