Apart from being one of the world’s healthiest foods, lemons can naturally help you get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp. They are rich in vitamin C, B, E, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus., Since they exhibit exfoliating properties naturally, they can be of great help for the scalp. In fact, they are one among the best home remedies for dandruff. Their efficacy is certain and has the best potential to check the progression of dandruff. It assists in reducing the itchiness. To try a remedy using lemon, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Take two tablespoons of lemon extracts and mix it with 8 ounces of water.
- Step 2: Water has been added for diluting the citric acid in lemon juice. Rub it into the scalp.
- Step 3: Then rinse your hair with clear water after 5 minutes.
Note: Lemon juice should be diluted before applying to hair.
How Does This Work?
Lemon juice contains citric acid that can eliminate the scalp and hair of fungus-causing dandruff. Lemon juice contains antioxidants known as bioflavonoids. It also contains several nutrients such as folate, riboflavin, copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, Vitamins (A, C, B6, E) and potassium.
Lemon Is Not Good, If:
- You are light-skinned. Although there is no perfect evidence, lemon juice has been found to increase the chances of sunburn.
- You are allergic to lemon juice. In some cases, the citric acid has lightened the hair color. So take precaution. After applying the juice, look for the symptoms after a day.
- You have thin hair.
- You have dry hair.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has the right mix of pH, which successfully balances the pH in the scalp and will prevent the growth of the fungus. If you are having clogged pores and want to open them, look no further than the Apple cider vinegar. It stimulates the scalp for better hair growth, closes the hair cuticles for better shine, lessens the tangles, eliminates the leftovers of chemical products, cleans the hair without eliminating the natural oils, retains the moisture for proper conditioning, and help relieve itchiness. If you are dealing with severe and stubborn dandruff, take the option of mixing one part of vinegar with an equal quantity of water.
- Step 1: Take a quarter cup of vinegar, mix with twice the quantity of water.
- Step 2: Gently apply in the affected area of the scalp and massage.
- Step 3: Rinse your hair after a couple of minutes of application and repeat for 3 times in a week for best results.
How Does This Work?
Apple cider vinegar has malic acid and enzymes that can easily eliminate the germs and fungus, the main causes for scalp and dandruff problems.
Apple Cider Vinegar Is Not Good, If:
- You have open sores in dandruff. The side effects can include dry hair and burns in the scalp.
- Your skin is allergic to apple cider vinegar. Before using the mixture, apply two drops to the base of the hairline and check for allergies.