12. Carrot Soup
Carrots, both cooked and raw are rich in insoluble fibers, which are extremely vital for your bowel health. Insoluble fiber assists in adding shape to the stools. In fact, they moisten the impacted and hard feces by supplying sufficient water in your gut.
Also, fiber helps the bowel movements to become comfortable and regular. It can easily give anti-dyspeptic effects. It is good for children, as it provides essential nutrients. To prepare a healthy carrot soup and treat your diarrhea, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Wash, scrape and finely chop half a kilogram of carrots.
- Step 2: Balance with sufficient water and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Drain the liquid and add a little salt.
- Step 4: Drink the soup for the next few days if the diarrhea conditions persist.
How Does This Work?
Carrots are rich in fiber and are known to cleanse the intestines. They are also an established as an effective diuretic, antidiarrheal, anti-anemic. They are rich in alkaline elements and assist in the maintenance of alkaline-acid balance in the body. It contains beta-carotene, which is then converted to vitamin A in the liver. They also contain vitamin B6, folic acid, thiamine, potassium, and magnesium.
Carrot Soup Is Not Good, If:
- You are diabetic. Carrots have high sugar content (glycemic index 97). The sugar can be converted into glucose, and the sugar level will increase.
- You are breastfeeding a baby. It can change the flavor of breast milk.
11. Herbal Mix: Fennel Powder + Ginger Powder
The health benefits of fennel seeds are many. They help in relieving diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, indigestion, anemia, colic, menstrual, and respiratory disorders. Scientifically known as Foeniculum Vulgare Miller, these tiny seeds are used in mouth fresheners, antacids, desserts, toothpaste, and other culinary applications. Native to the Mediterranean, fennel seeds have been long used for various medicinal reasons. You can see them growing in riverbanks and coastal climates.
Ginger powder, on the other hand, decreases stomach gas and spasms from a fermented material, which promotes watery stools. It also releases gastric enzymes and juices that help in digestion. Also, the peristaltic bowel movements are brought back to normal. It relieves abdominal pain and cramping that comes with diarrhea. To try the remedy using fennel and ginger powder, follow the instructions listed below:
- Step 1: Take ½ teaspoon of fennel powder and ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Step 2: Mix them together in a small bowl.
- Step 3: Chew the mixture 2 to 3 times in a day.
How Does This Work?
If the cause of your diarrhea is due to a bacterial infection, then fennel seeds can be great. The reason is that they contain two vital components called cineole and anetol, which exhibit antibacterial properties. Also, its natural amino acids (histidine) assist in digestion and help the digestive system to function properly.
Ginger contains two active compounds shogaol and gingerol that help in reducing inflammation and pain that come along with diarrhea. It helps in releasing gastric enzymes to heal the infection much faster. Besides this, it reduces food stagnation, detoxifies your digestive glands, protects from diarrhea germs, and boosts your digestive organs.
This Remedy Is Not Good If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- You are allergic to plants like carrots, mugwort, or celery.
- You are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- You are suffering from uterine cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer.
- You are diabetic. Ginger may increase the insulin levels.
- You are suffering from certain heart problems. Consuming ginger in high doses can worsen the condition.