8. Ginger Tea with Honey
For more than 2000 years, Ginger is still being used for treating various ailments at home. These usually include indigestion, heartburn, vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. Ginger, known for its therapeutic properties, can be used effectively for food poisoning. It can also be used for abdominal pain and cramps.
Ginger tea relieves the diarrhea symptoms by decreasing the stomach gas and spasms from fermented materials, which promote watery stools. It helps in releasing the gastric enzymes and juices, which support in digestion. To try this remedy, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: You can grate a ginger to small pieces. Add one spoon of honey to the ginger containing bowl.
- Step 2: Let the mixture remain for fifteen minutes.
- Step 3: You can consume the mixture to enhance the process of digestion. Do not drink water for forty minutes as the therapeutic properties of ginger and honey will enable the stomach to release beneficial digestive juices.
Alternate Method: You can grate the ginger to small pieces. Add one cup of water. Boil the mixture for ten minutes and let it become warm. Strain the mixture and add some honey.
How Does This Work?
The antioxidants in ginger are shogaol, gingerol, zingerones etc. Ginger is known for its carminative properties (enhances the removal of intestinal gas) as well as intestinal spasmolytic (the substance that can soothe and relax the intestinal tract). Gingerol is known for its anti-inflammatory properties in the intestine.
Ginger Is Not Good, If:
- You are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- You are diabetic. Ginger can increase the insulin levels.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have heart problems.
7. Eat Bananas
Bananas are described as one of the world’s healthiest foods. They are free from cholesterol, sodium, and fat. Instead, they are fortified with a whole lot of fibers, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, complex carbohydrates, and potassium. Moreover, bananas are easy to digest and make sit extremely easy for your stomach. Apart from treating diarrhea, it is one of the best home remedies for acid indigestion and heartburn. Bananas are so bland and gentle that they easily pass through a weak digestive tract. The mineral, potassium, is a vital electrolyte that helps you during those diarrhea bouts. You can either mash up this fruit or consume it raw.
How Does This Work?
The medicinal properties in a banana are attributed to pectin, the water soluble fiber. This chemical compound will assist in reducing symptoms of diarrhea. Bananas are also high in mineral content such as potassium and other electrolytes that help in times of fatigue. You can add banana as a supplement till the symptoms of diarrhea subside.
Banana Is Not Good, If:
- You are suffering from respiratory problems.
- You have constipation.
- You have Type II Diabetes.
- You have a migraine.
- You are suffering from hyperkalemia (a condition that occurs when there is excess potassium in the body).
- You have a cough, cold, or itchy throat.