Only if your blood pressure is normal, there will be a proper supply of blood to the other body organs. Blood pressure is measured in two extremes — high blood pressure and low blood pressure. A normal BP should be between these two extremes. High or low both is trouble. Usually, the blood pressure is considered normal if the person has 120/80 mm Hg.
Sadly, people today suffer from both high blood pressure (hypertension) and low blood pressure (hypotension) problems. To know about hypertension and its remedies, click here whereas regarding the home remedies for low blood pressure, read the article further.
What Is Low Blood Pressure?
Low blood pressure reduces the right flow of blood to the organs and causes disruptions in their functioning.
Causes Of Low Blood Pressure
Low blood pressure patients are advised not to undergo rigorous exercise or for that matter, even excess sex is a strict no-no for them. Some of the causes of low blood pressure are:
- Allergic Reaction
- Bleeding or Excess blood loss
- Cardiogenic Shock or Heart Attack
- Caffeine Overdose
Symptoms Of Low Blood Pressure
Some of the early symptoms of low blood pressure are:
- Frequent fainting
- Weakened eyesight
- Sweaty skin
Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
Starting the list in the reverse chronological arrangement, here are ten great remedies for low blood pressure treatment.
10. Dry Dates, Dry Grapes, and Figs
Dry Dates are a rich source of iron, which is an essential nutrient required for the good health of the blood. Dry Grapes, also known as raisin, they are made from dried grapes. It is available in two colors, brown and black — depending on the color of the grapes from which it was made. Dried figs are available throughout the year as they can be stored for longer period.
- Step 1: Wash all the above fruits very well in plain water.
- Step 2: Take a handful of these fruits and then soak them in half a glass of water overnight.
- Step 3: Drink this water and chew on the fruits early morning on an empty stomach.
- Step 4: Do not have breakfast for another one hour after eating these fruits.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- You have unusual blood sugar levels.
- You have blood clotting problems. Raisins are believed to slow blood clotting.
- You are suffering from a bloated stomach. Intake of these dry fruits can cause diarrhea.
9. Salt Water
As per the experiments, it is known that the sodium in the water will increase the blood pressure. It is very simple to treat the problem; you just need to mix up one teaspoon of salt in one glass of water and then consume it. This will increase your blood pressure.
Salt makes the kidneys hold more water to increase the blood pressure. A pinch of salt increases the volume of sodium in the blood stream and the normal capacity of the kidneys to hold water is disturbed. The situation increases the blood pressure.
Salt Water Is Not Good, If:
- You have a cough. More salt can draw water from the throat and will dry the soft tissue. You can experience more cough.
8. Basil Leaves
Basil Leaves are enriched with some active compounds called flavonoid, which assist in protecting the cells. Vicenin and Orientin are two well-known water-soluble flavonoids, which have been proven to benefit the white blood cells.
- Step 1: Take ten to fifteen basil leaves and crush them to make an extract.
- Step 2: Add a teaspoon of honey and combine to make a mixture. Have the mixture every day on an empty stomach.
Basil leaves also contain many beneficial oils such as citronellol, citral, terpineol, limonene and linalool. The oils are said to have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Licorice Roots
Also, know as sweet roots, licorice is mostly used as a natural sweetener in beverages and candies. The overall benefits of licorice roots are being accepted more in the health community.To try the remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take one tablespoon of licorice (either powder or dry) and a cup of hot water.
- Step 2: Mix both the contents together and let the mixture remain for five to seven minutes.
- Step 3: Strain the residue out of the cup and sip the water.
The licorice root contains an active ingredient called Glycyrrhizin, where this compound is a sweet in nature, and that is similar to a steroid. With the intake of this constituent, your body starts secreting the aldosterone hormone.
Licorice Is Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. Some scientific studies have reports that ingestion of licorice during the stage of pregnancy can cause complications such as stillbirth.
- You are a heart patient or diabetic. A doctor prescription is needed to use licorice or its supplements.
6. Beetroot Juice
When it comes to juice, a glass of fresh raw beetroot juice can be highly beneficial for low blood pressure. It helps in regulating the heart rate and thereby preventing abnormal blood pressure. Just consume every morning. You can continue this process for a week.
The root contains potassium and folate required for regulation of blood pressure (high or low). They also contain nitrates, which can relax muscle tissues and enhance the flow of blood.
Beetroot Juice Is Not Good, If:
- You have kidney stones. It can worsen it.
5. Almonds and Milk
The potassium content in almonds assists in regulating the blood pressure and ensures that they are brought back to normal. Since almonds are extremely low in the nutrient called sodium, they control the variable blood pressure. To treat your hypotension and try the remedy with almonds and milk, here is what you need to do.
- Step 1: Soak six almonds in water in a bowl in the night.
- Step 2: In the morning, grind the almonds and consume.
- Step 3: Consume with a glass of warm milk to get maximum benefits.
Almonds contain magnesium necessary for relaxation of veins and arteries; increases the flow of blood, nutrients and oxygen throughout the body.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- You consume in excess. You can gain weight.
- You are suffering from constipation. The remedy can worsen it.
4. Fresh Carrot Juice
Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene and according to clinical studies, they also help in reducing the risk of strokes and heart attacks. It keeps the blood pressure normal.
- Step 1: Take an entire carrot and put in a blender along with water.
- Step 2: Add a teaspoon of honey to the juice and drink twice daily.
The carrot contains potassium that can regulate the balance of fluids in the body thus normalizing blood pressure.
Carrot Juice Is Not Good, If:
- You are diabetic. It increases the sugar levels tremendously.
- You are breastfeeding a baby. Too many carrots can change the taste of breast milk.
- You are consuming in excess. It can cause gastric problems.