7. Licorice Roots
Also, know as sweet roots, licorice is mostly used as a natural sweetener in beverages and candies. They are native to Asia and Europe. Their medicinal benefits date back to ancient times when Egyptians drank them in the form of tea to cure many ailments. The overall benefits of licorice roots are being accepted more in the health community. You can get them in multiple forms. However, Licorice has been used as a natural home remedy for normalizing blood pressure. To try the remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take one tablespoon of licorice (either powder or dry) and a cup of hot water.
- Step 2: Mix both the contents together and let the mixture remain for five to seven minutes.
- Step 3: Strain the residue out of the cup and sip the water.
How Does This Work?
The licorice root contains an active ingredient called Glycyrrhizin, where this compound is a sweet in nature, and that is similar to a steroid. With the intake of this constituent, your body starts secreting the aldosterone hormone. Moreover, this hormone decreases the potassium content in the body while retaining the sodium. As all of us know that the sodium plays a vital role in increasing the blood pressure.
Licorice Is Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. Some scientific studies have reports that ingestion of licorice during the stage of pregnancy can cause complications such as stillbirth.
- You are a heart patient or diabetic. A doctor prescription is needed to use licorice or its supplements.
6. Beetroot Juice
Hypotension or low blood pressure happens when there is an unbalanced dietary routine. It enhances the stretchability and flexibility of the walls of the blood vessels and thereby, lowering the pressure. Hypotension is commonly related to a healthy juice diet. Patients with Low BP aren’t recommended only to be on a natural-juice diet. You need to incorporate with other healthy foods. When it comes to juice, a glass of fresh raw beetroot juice can be highly beneficial for low blood pressure. It helps in regulating the heart rate and thereby preventing abnormal blood pressure. Just consume every morning. You can continue this process for a week.
How Does This Work?
The root contains potassium and folate required for regulation of blood pressure (high or low). They also contain nitrates, which can relax muscle tissues and enhance the flow of blood.
Beetroot Juice Is Not Good, If:
- You have kidney stones. It can worsen it.