1. Tinospora Cardifolia Stalk and Milk
Tinospora cardifolia stalk: It is also known as heart leaves moonseed probably because of its shape. It is widely found in India, Myanmar and Sir Lanka. In Ayurveda, it is also considered as one of the most divine herbs as it can treat many diseases. For stress management, the stalk of this plant is of utmost importance. It also helps reduce unconsciousness.
Milk: Milk is considered as complete food. It has calcium, protein, vitamins, etc. you name it, and milk has it ready for you, which is also easy to consume. To try the remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take some Tinospora cardifolia leaves, clean and boil it with water.
- Step 2: Filter it.
- Step 3: Add milk and sugar to it, as per your taste. Drink it.
How Does This Work?
Tinospora Cordifolia has anti-toxic chemicals, which flush out the toxins from your body. Milk has protein lactium that has a relaxing effect on your blood pressure. It effectively lowers the blood pressure, reducing your tension. The potassium in the milk can help relieve muscle spasms and thereby suppressing all the tension.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- You are diabetic. It lowers blood sugar levels.
How To Prevent Stress?
Well, things do get out of your control, and they are bound to cause you some stress. However, you should never let this stress burden your mind. There are simple tricks and natural remedies for stress prevention. Stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water. One must at least drink 8 ounces of water every day to detoxify the body and also to relax the mind and cool down your body. A healthy mind resides in a healthy body, so it is important for you to keep your body healthy. Regular exercise also helps keep your mind fresh and active. Fortnightly body massage or at least a weekly head massage helps you relax. This, of course, does not solve the cause of your stress, but it does keep your ready to tackle the problem. Also, take up a hobby to divert the attention from things that cause stress.
Motivations speakers emphasise on the four factors to deal with stress;
- Avoid: Unnecessary stress should be avoided. Agreed, not all can be, but it is better to say the word ‘no’; it is also advisable to determine between ‘is it needed’ and ‘must.’ Everyone has a right to live in this world. It is better to have friendships with jovial persons instead of having conversations with ‘every time cries.’
- Alter: Try to modify the situation. If you cannot avoid a stressful one, try to modify so that you can control. ‘Fortune favors the brave’ – meet matters head-on. It is wise to be a human being with self-respect than to let others take advantage of you which can lead to stress and housing of negative feelings. In this method, sometimes, you have to meet others half-way and convey the concerns, so be prepared.
- Adapt: Change yourself as per the requirements of the situation. Remember the proverb ‘Be a Roman in Rome’ – if you cannot change or give a solution, change yourself. Take some time, look at challenges (not problems) in a new outlook, and concentrate on the positive things in life. Try to look at the result – do not concentrate on short term gains and long term loss. When you are looking at things from a new angle, you can get the question “ Is this challenge worth worrying about.?”
- Accept: Kindly accept that there are some situations and conditions which are not under your control. You can suffer defeat and hold your dignity. There are times when your self-respect can take a beating; it is better to stay calm than react and making it more complicated. Be an optimist – The worst insults can be a blessing in disguise – it can give you the best lessons on how far you can handle stress. The bottom line – nobody, is perfect.
When To See A Doctor?
You should seek the services of a doctor if:
- You face extreme stress and suffer from depression
- Turn to alcohol and drugs
- Suffer from unwanted fears
- Get feelings of becoming obese when you have normal body weight
- Have to change eating habits
- Family members report changes in moods or behavior.
- Engage in self-harm acts such as mutilation.
- You suffer from simple ailments such as irritable bowels, muscle pain, severe headache.
- Stress leads to triggering other disorders such as eczema.
A doctor can determine the root cause of a problem whether it is due to a medical condition or anxiety or disorder. A family physician will be the best one to determine if your stress is because of medical condition, anxiety disorder or both. He can refer you to a suitable medical professional. Many therapies are used to prevent and treat stress such as cognitive behavioural therapy, biofeedback, hypnosis, etc.
Natural Remedy vs. Pharmacy
Some of the common medicines are benzodiazepines – Xanon (Alprzolam), diazepam (Valium), clonazepam (Klonopin) and triazolam (Halcion). Medicines are also found in the type of beta-blockers such as Tenormin (atenolol) and Inderal (propranolol).