10. Consider Planting Some Trees
According to studies, planting right trees and shrubs help in keeping your home 100% mosquito free. Consider planting neem, citronella grass, marigold, tulsi and lemon trees.
25 Natural Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Mosquito Bites Soon!
The itch that occurs after a mosquito bite is due to the saliva injected into your skin. People, who are sensitive often take time to heal. People still wonder how long do mosquito bites last and couldn’t get find the right solution most of the times. So we collected some of the best natural mosquito repellents for relief or ease the itch, here are some tricks. Check them out
- Lessen the risk of severe itching simply by dealing it early. Rub alcohol wipes, water and alcohol onto the infected skin part. Better, use an antiseptic for an instant mosquito bite relief.
- Mix 1-tablespoon baking soda in little water so that it forms a paste. Apply on the infected region
- This is one of the best mosquito bite treatment. All you have to do is soak cotton into apple cider vinegar and keep the cotton onto the infected region for few minutes. This one can stop the pain instantly and get rid of mosquito bites soon.
- A nice soothing hot shower is one of the best ways to treat mosquito bites. Consider adding 2-tablespoons apple cider vinegar, chickweed tea and oatmeal into the bathtub. This relieves burning sensation & alleviates itching.
- Whether water is hot or cold, it is always helpful in treating mosquito bites.
- If you happen to live near sea, then nothing can be a great remedy than dipping yourself in seawater. This naturally heals mosquito bites. However, you can also add some salt into your bathtub and bathe with it.
- Since it is about mosquito bite treatment, it is important for me to write this over here. Just dip a clean cloth in hot water (not boiling). Press this cloth against your mosquito bite. Do this once / twice in a day to avoid further itching & irritation.
- When it comes to cold compress, chilled tea can do wonders on insect or bug bites. You can even use cool tea bags. Place them on the affected region for few minutes.
- Rub some wet Apirin
- Never use aspirin if you are allergic to it. However, if you are not, then rubbing wet aspirin onto the affected skin part can alleviate itch & irritation.
- You might have heard of this tip often in remove scars. However, this works great on mosquito bites as well. It not only eases the irritation but also prevents the skin from getting dark (which is usually seen after the bite). Avoid gel based or flavored or colored toothpaste. Use only white ones. Apply on the bitten part and leave it overnight. Wash with soap & water the next morning.
- Apply some mouthwash onto the infected region
- Essential oils have always been helpful in treating bug bites. Tea tree oil naturally has some ingredients to alleviate itching. Just apply little on the bitten part and leave it for a while.
- Applying lavender oil directly onto the bitten part has proved essential in relieving itch.
- Yet another great treatment for mosquito bites is none other than using tiger balm directly on the affected part. Use only white-colored ones and not those red ones. However, if you have a delicate or sensitive skin, skip this option.
- Take some mud and mix with little water to form a paste. Apply on the affected part and cover it using a bandage so that it stays in place and allow it to dry.
- You will get fresh Aloe Vera gel in stores. However, if find a plant then it is even better. Just cut one of its leaves and rub the oozing gel directly on the part where mosquito has bitten you.
- Basil leaves is a great home remedy when it comes to mosquito bites. Just crush few of them and apply directly onto the infected skin part to relieve itching.
- Just slice a potato into few pieces and rub against the infected region. It has antibacterial and healing properties that prevent your skin from itching further.
- Rubbing the inner side of a banana peel has been proven beneficial on mosquito bites.
- Believe it or not, copper makes your skin feel good, especially after it been stung by an insect. Just hold a copper coin or penny over your mosquito bite to better relief.
- Alcohol wipes are greatly helpful in removing the leftovers of mosquito saliva. Consider rubbing against your bites.
- Applying Vicks onto the affected area eases itch & irritation.
- Apply minced garlic or onion directly on the affected skin region. Leave for few minutes and wash off.
- Alternatively, you can make a thin paste using seasoning salt, garlic salt and water (equal proportions). Apply this on your affected area.
- Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory. Hence, it lessens itching and heals slowly.
Treatment For Mosquito Bites
It is good to prevent yourself from mosquito bites rather suffering from it. However, if you have got few and have recently observed, then here are few ways to treat mosquito bites. If the bite reaction is normal or usual, then
- Wash the infected or mosquito bitten part with soap & warm water
- Apply calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream to relieve itching
- Apple ice cubes or cold compress to relieve its symptoms