Have you ever wondered what it feels like to have those sexy thighs that are run-way material? Do you have a stack of mini-skirts stored in your closet that you want to wear but you can’t because you are not confident enough to show your legs? Surely, you have a problem with how your thighs look and deep down you really wish to achieve those perfectly shaped and lean thighs that you can only see on magazines and runways. Fret not as this article is absolutely the right thing for you. I will tell you how to tone your thighs in 17 simple ways.
Knowing a lot of women who are not so happy with how their thighs look, I have compiled the best thigh exercises for you to know and practice to make your thighs look attractive yet strong, and you will be happy to wear anything you like and flaunt it for all people to see.
Why Thigh Exercises Are Important?
But before going to the exercises, we should first learn some things that will help us along the way. Why is an exercise for inner thighs important? We need to know the importance of why we should give time and effort on exercises for our thighs. Is it simply just for the aesthetic purpose of looking beautiful or is there more to it than what meets the eye? Actually, there is. One of the main reasons why we should exercise our thighs and the rest of our lower extremities is to make it stronger. With proper exercise and the right amount of time we give into it, we can have better and stronger legs that can support our weight and make our endurance on walking and running longer.
Cellulites are another thing. Though there are a lot of products that we can use to get rid of them, the best that we can do without cashing away our money is to have regular thigh exercises. With a few tricks and routines, you can get rid of your cellulites after a series of exercises on a regular basis.
In any form of exercises, it is important to know your health history before taking any course and routines. This is to ensure that you are particularly safe from doing something and preventing any accidents that might happen to you. You should first consult your doctor if a particular routine is okay for you or not before doing it, especially for those who have cardiac problems. We do not want the cons to outweigh the pros here, so it is really best that we take necessary precautions.
Mentally, you should also set your mind before starting. Setting your mind to achieve that perfectly toned thighs is very important because it will be your mind that will do all the motivation and encourage your entire self to reach your desired outcome — perfectly beautiful thighs. With your mind set, you have a clear goal ahead of you and you will be determined to reach that goal. You also need to focus your strength on self-discipline and control because these are two key ingredients that you need so that you will not go the wrong way all throughout our course.
You should also keep in mind that once you start this, you need to do it all the way. If you stop midway, then all of your efforts and hardships for the past sessions will be put to waste. For this very reason, you must have the willingness to continue and make it as one of your regimen to have healthier and leaner thighs.
How To Tone Your Thighs Naturally?
Having said all of these reminders, we can now go to the exercises for inner thighs. The best exercises that I have compiled for you are seen here with illustrations so that you can have a clear visualization of what you are about to do and this will help you do it correctly. So, what are we waiting for then? Let’s start.
1. Criss-Cross Power Jack
- Stand with feet together and then jump with feet wide apart. Both arms raised on shoulder level.
- Jump again as right leg crosses over left leg. Right arm crosses over left arm.
- Repeat the figures immediately while alternating the sides each time.
- Have this routine for 30-45 seconds.
2. Squat Jumps
- Lower yourself to a squat position.
- Jump up and twist your body to 180 degrees while in the air and land again in squat facing the other direction.
- Do this routine for 30 seconds.
3. Single Leg Lunge
- Balance yourself on one leg.
- Lunge down as far as you can while keeping your abs engaged.
- Raise both of your arms and your other leg up, maintaining your balance.
- Repeat the figures 15 times and switch sides.
4. Swiss Ball Leg Curl
- Lie down and place the feet at the top of your stability ball.
- Now, brace your abs. Raise the hips into the air while keeping your knees straight and on both heels on the stability ball.
- Proceed by bending your knees and rolling the ball back towards you.
- Make sure that you are keeping your hips raised all throughout the set.
5. Single/One-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie down on your back straight.
- Bend both the knees in a way that it makes your feet rest on the ground close to the butt.
- Next, brace the abs and then raise 1 leg up.
- Bring your knee towards your chest.
- Drive the heel of your other foot into the floor.
- Raise your body up and make sure that it is forming a straight line for proper posturing.
- Repeat the figures 5 times and do it on the other leg.
6. Kneeling Hip-Flexor Stretch
- Leap forward with one of your knees on the floor.
- Position foot beyond forwarded knee while placing both hands on that knee.
- Straighten the hips of your back leg by pushing them forward and hold in position.
- Repeat with opposite side for 8-10 times
6. Half-upward Plank Pose or Reverse Table Up
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you with your arms resting on both sides.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor under your shoulders with fingers pointing in front of you towards the direction of your feet.
- Inhale slowly and press firmly into your hands and feet.
- Straighten your elbows and raise your hips up.
- Lift your chest and bring your chest, torso and hips into one straight line parallel to the floor and forming a table-like position.
- Hold position for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly lower your hips on the mat and slowly extend your legs.
7. Ball Leg Lifts
- Lie on one side on the floor with your arms crossed in front or you can also straighten one arm and lie on it while placing the other arm in front of you.
- Place a large exercise ball in the middle of your feet and slowly raise the ball up to the ceiling with your hips and butt.
- Return to the start position.
- Repeat figures 15 times.
8. Gate Swings With Cross
- Set feet wide apart with the help of your toes pointed a little outward.
- Next, bend your knees and lower into a squat when using your hands to push the knees wide apart because this will deepen your inner thigh stretch.
- Get power by pushing off your knees and jump your right leg in front of your left.
- Land in a standing cross-legged position.
- Instantly jump your legs back out to a wide squat with your hands at your knees.
- Push off your knees and jump your legs together, this time crossing your left leg in front of your right.
- Repeat cycle for 40 seconds.
9. Wall Sit
- Stand about 2 feet in front of a wall and lean against it.
- Position yourself until you are within a 90 degrees angle with the wall.
- Hold yourself in that position with your abs contracted for 30 seconds.
10. Sumo squat
- Position yourself like a sumo wrestler with feet wide apart, toes pointed out and knees over the toes.
- Straighten your back, chest tight and abs should be tight all throughout.
- Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Keep your weight on your heels.
- Push off your heels at the bottom of your move.
- Squeeze your glutes and inner thighs while going back into your starting position.
11. Chair Pose
- Stand with both legs together and soften your knees.
- Reach your arms overhead while closing in your palms together as you move your chest down closer to your knees.
- Hold this position for 10 – 15 times.
- Maintain balance by keeping your legs together.
- Cross your left elbow over your right thigh and hold for 10 seconds.
- Return to first position and repeat on the other side.
12. Towel Runs
- Have two small towels and fold them into squares and place them on a smooth surface.
- Step on the towels with the balls of your feet.
- Bend and place both hands on the floor while driving your right leg back.
- Switch your legs by bringing the right up front and the left at the back.
- Repeat cycle for 8 times on each leg.
13. Weighted Inner Thigh Lift
- Lie on your right side with elbow on the floor just below your shoulder and left hand behind your head.
- Straighten both legs and raise left knee up to the ceiling while placing your left foot on the inside of your right knee.
- Raise your right foot slightly from the floor with your foot flexed.
- Make your inner thigh lift your right leg higher.
- Slowly lower your leg back to float above the floor.
- Do this for 15 times and alternate legs for another 15.
14. Pilates Internal Thigh Leg Lifts
- Lie on one side and straighten your leg beneath. Cross the top leg over it. Then, rest your knee or foot on the floor.
- Hold your head with your hand.
- Slowly exhale while lifting the leg underneath up and inhale as you lower it back on the floor. Do it for 10 repetitions and repeat on the alternate side.
15. Kneeling Adduction
- Get down on your knees with palms flat on the floor and in line with shoulders.
- Raise your right leg and insert it under your torso, crossing it in front of your left knee.
- Turn your right knee away to the side and place the outside of your right foot on the floor.
- Squeeze your inner thighs as you raise your right knee up to the floor while your right foot maintains contact on the floor.
- Lower down your knee and repeat cycle for 15 times on each leg.
16. Leg Swings
- Stand erect with feet together but arms wide open from each other.
- balance on your left foot and raise your right leg up.
- Swing the right leg in front of the left and swing it back out to the side.
- Repeat this 10 times for three sets on both legs.
17. Side Plank Lift
- Lie on your right side and push your upper body up on your right extended arm with your palm flat on the floor.
- Raise and extend your right leg straight and point your toes outward.
- Bend your left knee and move your left foot on the floor at the back of your right leg.
- Transfer your weight into your left leg making your right toe lightly touching the floor.
- Press your thighs together as you raise your right leg up to meet your left knee.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and lower your leg.
- Repeat figures for 15 times and another 15 on the other leg.
With all these easy routines, you can definitely achieve a leaner, stronger, healthier and sexier thighs that you can definitely flaunt to other people. Maybe you will find some of these exercises hard at first, but with constant practice and continuous exercise, these routines will be as easy as blinking an eye. All it takes from you is your sheer determination to reach your goal of having your most coveted beautiful thighs. These 18 best thigh exercises are definitely worth doing, so better gear up now and start as early as today.