We like reading something that is interesting. This article lists you 25 different interesting food facts. Check them out
Interesting Food Facts
- Eating pomegranate tree’s bark is a great way to stop diarrhea.
- A human’s mouth has more bacteria than the population of Canada & US combined.
- More than 1/3rd of earth’s commercial pineapple supply is from Hawaii.
- Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
- The most ate green vegetable around the world is lettuce.
- The quantity of chocolate that is manufactured at Switzerland is enough to give each person in the country with 2 big bars every day.
- The kind of water pressure found in an onion cell is enough to explode 1 steam engine.
- The oldest known vegetable to humans is none other than “Broad Bean”.
- Chewing a gum while chopping onions help an individual to prevent tears.
- Do you know that honey is that one ultimate ingredient that easily gets digested? The reason is that it is been already digested by the bees.
- Most of the people lose about 50% of their taste buds during the age 60.
- An onion greatly reduces cholesterol, if they are consumed after your fatty meal.
- You can actually burn off more calories while sleeping than you do while watching TV.
- The Chinese chopsticks are made of either bone or ivory. They are usually 9-incles long.
- When you eat a fruit, you’re actually eating swollen ovary. It’s the flower’s ovary.
- Apples contain about 25% air.
- Seaweed is used for thickening ice-creams.
- Brazil holds the 1st position in the production and cultivation of coffee as well as sugar. It produces about 1941 million tons coffee and 20600 million tons sugar every year.
- There are about 9800 Indian restaurants at UK, which serves about 2.5-million customers per week.
- The seeds of orchid are so light and small that 1 million of it only makes it to 1 gram or even less.
- The food we usually eat takes about 24-hours to pass through our entire alimentary canal.
- Pumpkin is the only fruit that can reach a massive weight of 400 kg.
- A palm tree doesn’t have a branch and leaves directly grows from its trunk.
- The fastest growing tree is “False Acacia”, which is seen in Malaysia. It can grow about 10 meters in just 13 months.
- There are about 200 different cells & 600-billion cells inside a human body.
I hope you had a great time reading these 25 interesting food facts. Feel free to drop your opinions in the comments section.