Did you know about the waves that our brain has? Brain is made up of millions of ‘neurons’ that saves our memories and a lot and lots of data’s that we see daily. Like circuits, neurons are helping to produce electrical impulses in order to firing a new activity or idea or even an imagination that we think. Even when your brain is active, which means more electrical firing is going inside our brain. These electrical impulses or waves can be measured by the device called “electroencephalograph.” Now you have an idea of what is brainwaves and how it’s been created, let’s take a look at the different types of brainwaves and its activities.
Types of Brainwaves
It can be categories into five types,
- Gamma waves
- Beta waves
- Alpha waves
- Delta waves
- Theta waves
1. Gamma Waves
Gamma waves have the potential to make our senses, so sensitive, when in high alerts and these waves occurs between 40 Hz to 100 Hz. Meditation will improve this gamma waves.
Benefits of Gamma Brainwaves
- High levels of intelligence
- Being compassionate
- High amounts of self-control
- Increased awareness through your five senses
2. Beta Waves
These waves have high frequency and low amplitude. When compared to gamma, beta is less intensive and it occurs at 12 Hz to 40 Hz. You can increase beta waves through energy drinks and caffeine.
Benefits Of Beta Waves
- This is the brainwave responsible for the fight-flight response.
- Improves concentration and alertness.
- Improved logic, reasoning and critical thinking.
3. Alpha Waves
These waves will present when we are in relax or fall asleep and occurs up to only 12 Hz and antidepressants and alcohol can lead to alpha waves.
Benefits Of Alpha Waves
- Reduced anxiety
- Alleviates stress and depression
- Reduces chronic pain
- Reduction of high blood pressure
- Increases athletic performance
- Increased cerebral blood flow
- Increased motivation, energy and happiness
4. Delta Waves
Occurs in a range of 3 Hz, these waves are the lowest frequency that recorded in the human beings.
Benefits Of Delta Brainwaves
- Reduces Aging process
5. Theta Waves
Theta waves will lead to creative thoughts and idea and topics in our brain will connected in unstructured ways.
Benefits Of Theta Brainwaves
- Improved physical healing
- Sleep onset and more restful sleep
- Release beneficial hormones
- Reduce mental fatigue
- Reduction of anxiety and stress