I am sure you must have experienced your eyes burning, paining, itching and becoming red to the core. You feel restless to itch. In fact, you urge to scratch all the time. This is called Pink Eye. Whenever you experience it, you will often wonder how long does viral pink eye last? If yes, then this article is something, you require reading.
The Pinkeye Lasts For?
Pinkeye is scientifically named as conjunctivitis. Pinkeye is classified into many types and few are claimed to be contagious. The 3 common types include
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Viral conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis
Symptoms Of Pink Eye
- Swollen eyes
- Red eyes
- A strong urge to itch all the time
- Burning sensation
- Intense pain
How Long The Various Pinkeye Types Last?
With the viral conjunctivitis, the symptoms more often than not are worse starting about 3 to 5 days followed by the sufferer’s eye infection. One might require good quality eye drops for it so that there is some relief. An eye specialist will recommend eye drops that contains antihistamines or decongestants for reducing irritation as well as swelling. Even though pink eye lasts for 4 to 5 days but at times, they can even last for 1 to 2 weeks.
You aren’t any longer contagious while the eyes appear & feel normal over again. If the eye infection isn’t due to bacterial or viral causes, then one may have an allergic conjunctivitis. If this is the case then pinkeye from such allergic reactions may increase when exposed to pollen, animal dander and dust. Allergic conjunctivitis isn’t probable to go off on own unless one removes or avoids the reaction’s cause. Meanwhile, one may consider little eye drops as suggested by your doctor.
Ріnk Еуе Рrеvеntіоn?
Here are 10 precautions you can take to significantly reduce your risk of getting pink eye:
- Сhаngе ріllоwсаsеs аnd shееts еvеrу dау.
- Usе а frеsh tоwеl еvеrу dау.
- Wаsh уоur hаnds оftеn, еsресіаllу аftеr уоu tоuсh уоur еуеs.
- Dоn’t wеаr уоur соntасt lеnsеs untіl уоur еуеs аrе bасk tо nоrmаl.
- Dоn’t shаrе аnуthіng thаt tоuсhеs уоur еуеs.
- Dоn’t tоuсh уоur еуеs wіth уоur hаnds.
- Wаsh уоur hаnds оftеn.
- Usе а сlеаn tоwеl аnd wаshсlоth dаіlу.
- Dоn’t shаrе tоwеls оr wаshсlоths.
- Сhаngе уоur ріllоwсаsеs оftеn.
- Тhrоw аwау уоur еуе соsmеtісs, suсh аs mаsсаrа.
- Dоn’t shаrе еуе соsmеtісs оr реrsоnаl еуе саrе іtеms.