Fact: Stretch marks are always associated with weight gain and pregnancy. However, besides these two, stress and hormonal fluctuations are also among the primary causes. In fact, sudden weight loss can also lead to the formation of stretch marks. It is important to treat them early because once they advance, they are extremely hard to treat.
- Step 1: Slightly warm some castor oil. Apply the oil on stretch marks.
- Step 2: Massage in circular motions for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil, 1 teaspoon of pure tea kernel oil, 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil, 1 tablespoon of beeswax (grated) with ½ cup of pure cocoa butter.
- Step 2: Heat the mixture. Allow it to be warm. Apply on the stretch marks twice or thrice a day. Store the remaining in the refrigerator and use whenever it is required.
49. Tuberculosis (TB)
Fact: According to WHO, Tuberculosis is one of the prominent causes of deaths worldwide. An estimated 10.4 million population in the world fall ill due to TB whereas 1.8 million die from it every year. About 95% of the TB deaths happen in developing or low-income countries. The leading geographical regions are known to be India, China, Pakistan, Africa, Nigeria, South Africa, and Indonesia.
- Step 1: Take the pulp of two custard apples and boil them in ½ cup water with 20 – 20 raisins.
- Step 2: When the water quantity evaporates a little, filter the mixture and add a pinch of cardamom powder to it. Consume this two times a day to rejuvenate the tissues that are affected by TB.
- Step 1: Boil 3 tablespoons of fresh drumstick leaves with a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Let the mixture warm a little. Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice and a little pepper & salt. Drink the decoction on an empty stomach every morning to ease the symptoms that TB brings.
Fact: There were times when anthrax used to be a rare disease, but the global statistics of people being affected by this disease seems to be increasing every year. People get anthrax from consuming the meat of infected animals.
Also, one can encounter the problem if he or she is handling the animal parts. Anthrax can also affect a person if he or she visits a place that is already affected. The countries where anthrax disease is common are Southern and Central America, Central & Southwest Asia, Eastern Europe, the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Step 1: Take 1 teaspoon of the herb named Gingko Biloba (powdered form).
- Step 2: Boil it with 2 to 3 cups of water. Filter it, have a few tablespoons of it, and refrigerate the remaining. It is a potent herb but do not use it if you have are pregnant or suffering from seizures, diabetes, and infertility.
- Step 1: Take 2 – 3 fresh garlic cloves and chew them raw.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even have garlic juice. Garlic helps in fighting the anthrax infection at a faster pace.
Fact: According to the 2015 statistics, there were 172,454 cholera cases, out of which 1304 died. The outbreak of cholera continues to affect many countries. About 41% of the cholera cases come from Africa, 21% from America, and 37% from Asia. Even today, cholera remains a primary public health issue. It affects due to contaminated water and other sanitation resources.
Shockingly, 663 million people don’t get access to clean, drinking water. World Health Organization states that about 80% of the cholera cases can be easily treated using ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts). Cholera is a deadly yet a common disease, which is accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, fever, dehydration, weight loss, sleepiness, and vomiting.
- Step 1: A homemade ORS solution is the right way to treat cholera. Mix 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ a teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of water (clean).
- Step 2: Drink this mixture multiple times a day for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Take a glass of water. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, a small piece of ginger (grated), 1 teaspoon of honey, a few fresh basil and mint leaves.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture two times a day for a week to recover from cholera faster.
46. Chicken Pox (Varicella)
Fact: An estimated 4 million people in the world have chicken pox every year. It is one of the highly contagious and most common diseases in the world. It easily spreads via coughing, touching, and sneezing. Even though it is a common health condition, it can be prevented by taking pre-vaccinations. Also, if an individual gets it, it can be treated. But in its advanced stage, the disease can turn life-threatening, but this is rare. So, the earlier the treatment is, the better it is!
- Step 1: Grind 10 gm of poppy seeds, a piece of turmeric, and a cup of fresh neem leaves in a mixer. Add a few drops of water to make it smooth.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the chicken pox marks for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh carrots (freshly cut) and ½ cup of coriander leaves (chopped) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until half of the water evaporates. Filter it and drink the soup for a month for strength and rapid recovery.