Fact: International Osteoporosis Foundation has anticipated that the global prevalence of hip fractures in women will increase by 240% in women and 310% in men by the year 2050. Globally, about 200 million people have osteoporosis out of which an estimated 8.9+ million people suffer from severe fractures every year, resulting in a painful, osteoporotic fracture in every three seconds.
- Step 1: Include pineapple in your daily diet. It can be a cup of freshly cut pineapple pieces or a glass of fresh juice.
- Step 2: Pineapple is a rich source of manganese, a nutrient required to keep the bones healthy. Hence, consuming adequate amounts of pineapple truly helps.
- Step 1: Boil 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Once the quantity decreases to one cup, filter it and add a few drops of honey. Drink the decoction once a day.
Fact: Autism is one of the most common mental disorders whose prevalence has drastically grown in these decades. 1 out of 68 children is reported to be affected with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Autism can occur to a human of any race, gender and age. It is 4.5 times more commonly seen in boys than in girls. Sadly, there is no cure for autism, but this doesn’t mean it cannot be improved. Some learning skills, communication activities and right foods can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix coconut oil with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl.
- Step 2: Slightly warm the mixture and massage with it. Autistic kids experience high mood swings. They can get hyper easily. Hence, a massage with lavender oil can help them relax.
- Step 1: Take a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Step 2: Drinking turmeric-milk on a regular basis is known to do a great help.
38. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Fact: What was once considered a rare psychological disorder is now reported to be one of the most common problems of the brain. OCD is a mental disorder, which is characterized by compulsions and obsessions. If left unobserved, it causes a high distress.
An estimated 2.3 percent of the global population between the age groups 18 and 54 has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which outranks the mental problems like panic attacks, bipolar disorders, and schizophrenia. The onset of OCD falls in the age 6 – 15 in men and 20 – 29 in women.
- Step 1: Consuming oats for breakfast helps in bringing calmness to mind and body.
- Step 2: Make sure to have oats with milk, garnished with a few fresh citrus fruits.
- Step 1: A troubled, nervous system is one of the main reasons for OCD. It is vital to soothe the nerves.
- Step 2: Prepare a bathtub of warm water and add a few drops of lemon and lavender oil to it. Have a bath and relax.
Fact: Epilepsy is one of the most common and chronic neurological disorders humans face today. It occurs due to the abnormal activity in the brain’s nerve cells. About 50 million of the global population has epilepsy. An estimated 10% of the global population will have at least 1 seizure in their lifetime, but just 1 seizure attack doesn’t indicate epilepsy. The problem is serious if the person gets 2 or more uncalled seizures.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted lime juice in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture before going to bed on alternate days for a few weeks to see a notable difference.
- Step 1: Winter melons are one of the best remedies for epilepsies. Prepare a glass of fresh winter melon juice.
- Step 2: Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
Fact: Occasional dizziness is common but recurring can be a sign of a serious problem like vertigo – a serious health condition, which makes a person feel that the entire space around him is spinning. It affects about 40% of the adult population (who are above the age 40) at least once.
- Step 1: To recover from dizziness, eat a healthy snack that is enriched with carbohydrates.
- Step 2: Usually, a chocolate bar or a ripe banana is given to the patient.
- Step 1: Extract the juice of 1 lemon and add it into a glass of water.
- Step 2: Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar. Stir well and drink to overcome the dizziness.