Fact: Cataract is one of the most common eye disorders in the world. It is a condition where the eye lens is clouded and disturbs the person from getting a clear vision. The majority of the cataract cases are associated with ageing. However, rarely, a kid can be born with this condition.
According to the recent assessments, cataract is one of the primary reasons for an estimated 51% of the global blindness. Though cataracts can be treated surgically, this remains a significant concern in low-income countries.
Note: Getting it treated via surgery is the ideal way to eliminate the cataract but there are a few things that can be done at home to prevent the condition or to treat extremely mild eye cataracts.
- Step 1: Prepare a glass of juice made of fresh carrots, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Step 2: These three vegetables are a great source of vitamin A. Hence, drinking it every day can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix 10 grams of these ingredients each: ginger juice, onion juice, and lemon juice.
- Step 2: Filter it and add a few drops of honey. Store the mixture in the refrigerator. Take a dropper and pour 2 drops of this solution into the affected eye every day. This will cure mild cataracts.
Fact: Glaucoma is one of the deadly and common eye disorders. According to WHO, it is the second leading reason for global blindness. It damages the optic nerves and leads to blindness. The affected eye continuously generates a fluid – scientifically known as aqueous. In the advanced stage, the damage is irreparable and permanent. So, it is vital to have your eyes examined in the initial phase.
Note: Prevention is the only way to keep yourself away from glaucoma. The loss of vision comes gradually. That’s why it is often known as the silent thief of sight.
- Step 1: Include different types of fresh green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Leafy vegetables are a good source of zeaxanthin and lutein. Both protect the cells from radical damage.
- Step 1: Have dark colored berries like blueberries and cranberries.
- Step 2: They have bioflavonoids in them, which help in strengthening the eye capillaries.
33. Dry Eyes
Fact: Dry eyes or Dry eye syndrome is yet another common eye problems people have. The problem occurs when the eye glands fail to produce enough tears for the eye to have a clear vision. It is the disease of the ocular surface, which results in visual impairment and ocular discomfort.
- Step 1: Include sufficient amounts of omega-3 supplements in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Natural omega-3 fatty acids is one of the best ways to relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
- Step 1: Perform some eye exercises to get rid of the strain. Blink constantly for a minute.
- Step 2: Another remedy is to slice a fresh cucumber and place them on your eyes.
Fact: Scabies is one of the most common skin diseases, which can affect an individual of any age group or race. It spreads quickly, especially in crowded environments like nursing homes and prisons. According to uptodate.com, an estimated 100 million people in the world suffer from scabies. The prevalence of this skin problem ranges from 0.2% to 71% on a global scale.
- Step 1: Apply a few drops of neem oil on the affected skin region. Massage gently and leave for a while.
- Step 2: Take bath from warm water. Repeat the remedy every day for a few weeks to prevent the infection from spreading further.
- Step 1: Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf. Apply the gel on the infected skin region
- Step 2: Leave for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
31. Irregular Periods
Fact: About 70% of women in the world have irregularities in their menstrual cycle. Mostly it happens due to stress or emotional difficulties. However, prolonged irregularities in periods can be a sign of a serious health issue in the reproductive system, which is known as PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). So, check with a gynecologist.
- Step 1: Jaggery and sesame seeds can do wonders in overcoming the problem of irregular periods. Take 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and slightly roast them.
- Step 2: Grind the seeds with 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Eat 1 teaspoon of this powder on an empty stomach 2 weeks prior the periods begin. Repeat this for a few months.
- Step 1: Add multiple vitamin C rich foods in your everyday diet like tomatoes, apples, oranges, berries, etc.
- Step 2: Vitamin C helps in producing estrogen (hormones that handle the menses).