Fact: On a global scale, about 42,000 people die from low water quantity and lack of adequate sanitation. Every year, insufficient water and improper hygiene contribute to an estimated death of 1.5 million children. It is very important to keep the body hydrated because once it turns chronic, it is life threatening. Dehydration can even result in loss of memory power, anxiety and irritability.
- Step1: Take 4 cups of water and add 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ teaspoons of salt to it.
- Step2: Stir it properly and drink this water several times a day.
- Step1: Drink a glass of coconut water every morning. Ditch those sports drinks and artificial beverages.
- Step 2: Coconut water is reported to be low in sugar as well as calories. It replenishes chronic dehydration than plain, drinking water.
Fact: Nausea is one of the most unpleasant sensations that occur in the upper abdomen. It is the expulsion of all the gastric contents via mouth. Everyone in the world experiences it at least once or multiple times in a year, but it is a primary concern if it is recurring or turns chronic. In such cases, it is a sign of an underlying medical condition.
- Step 1: Grate a fresh piece of ginger.
- Step 2: Mix it in a cup of boiling water. Leave it for a while. Strain and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Chew some fresh peppermint leaves.
- Step 2: The menthol in peppermint leaves helps in getting rid of nausea.
Fact: While the majority of the people think heart diseases and cancers as the deadliest but gum problems like gingivitis are no small contenders. They can cause bone loss, tooth loss, and have been associated with fatal systemic health issues like pancreatic cancers and cardiovascular diseases. It is the inflammation of the gum tissues. There is bleeding, pain, swelling and redness in the gums. Gum diseases are one of the most prevalent health issues, which can have shocking effects.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Use this solution to rinse your mouth 2 to 3 times a day.
- Step 1: Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and mix it a glass of water. Use the mixture as a mouthwash after you brush the teeth. Repeat the remedy two times a day to prevent bleeding gums.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can mix 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted lemon juice with a little salt. Apply the paste on the gums and rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
22. Wisdom Teeth
Fact: The third molars or wisdom teeth are the last set of teeth to develop and emerge in the mouth. They develop between the age 17 & 25, a phase of life which is usually known as the “Age of Wisdom.”
Extracting them is not necessary if they are painless, functional, disease-free and cavity-free. Well, this is not common to see because most wisdom teeth cases are problematic because they emerge at abnormal angles, making it very hard to come out from the gum.
- Step 1: Keep a clove near the paining wisdom tooth.
- Step 2: Once the clove starts to release its essential oil, there will be a relief from the pain.
- Step 1: Chewing 1 – 2 guava leaves (tender ones) helps in relieving the pain.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can boil 4 – 5 tender guava leaves in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Filter it and rinse the mouth with when it is warm. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a day to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
21. Root Canal
Fact: If the United States statistics is to be considered, an estimated 15 million are diagnosed with root canals every year. This accounts for 41,000 root canal surgeries per day. A root canal effectively eliminates the pulp from the tooth and restores it with a nice, synthetic material. Doing this stops the affected tooth from rotting or further internal damage.
- Step 1: Take a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Step 2: Mix it in a glass of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash to get rid of the pain.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Use this solution to rinse the mouth 2 to 3 times a day.