10. Alzheimer’s Disease
Fact: According to this research, Alzheimer’s disease affects about 44 million people globally. This means that 1 in 4 people will have the problem of Alzheimer or an associated dementia. It is one of the most common diseases in the Western Europe and one of the leading causes of disabilities. It is characterized by confusions and memory loss.
- Step 1: Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Step 2: Use this three times in your everyday cooking. Alternatively, you can prepare a cup of cinnamon & ginger tea.
- Step 1: Besides herbs and natural foods, mental exercises are reported to be highly effective in treating the problem.
- Step 2: Crosswords, writing, reading, word puzzles and other mental exercises help in relaxing the brain as well as making it sharper.
9. Parkinson’s Disease (Neurological Movement Disorder)
Fact: According to Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, more than ten million people in the world suffer from this neurological movement disorder every year. The prevalence of Parkinson’s disease increases as the person ages. When compared to women, men are 1 ½ times more prone to it. Once this deadly disease attacks, it cannot be cured, but continuous medical treatments can help to some extent.
Note: Parkinson’s disease cannot be cured, but remedies can be applied to ease the symptoms.
- Step 1: “Gait training” works effectively in treating the Parkinson’s symptoms. This training involves new ways to walk, turn, and stand.
- Step 2: Say, for example, take bigger steps while walking and ensure to keep the head straight. Do not use shoes that have rubber soles because they might stick to the floor and can increase the chances of tripping.
- Step 1: Drink a cup of freshly prepared green tea every day.
- Step 2: From aiding weight loss to dealing with deadly diseases like cancers, green tea has also shown positive signs in treating Parkinson’s disease.
8. Prostate Cancer
Fact: According to this research, prostate cancer is the 4th deadliest and common cancer. About 1.1 million men in the world have prostate cancer. The prevalence of prostate cancer varies based on the region. It is the highest in New Zealand, Northern America Western Europe, Northern Europe, and Australia.
Note: A person who has prostate cancer requires timely clinical treatments. However, the disease can be prevented as well as helped to some extent with the intake of right foods.
- Step 1: Eat tomatoes. It can either fresh or in the form or juice or cooked.
- Step 2: Tomatoes have a compound called lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that assists in preventing and spreading of the cancer cells.
- Step 1: Eat a fresh pomegranate a day.
- Step 2: Research has demonstrated that the nutrients in pomegranate help in inhibiting the spread of cancerous cells.
7. Lung Cancer
Fact: Smoking and use of tobacco are one of the primary causes for an estimated 70% of deaths from lung cancer in the world while the rest is due to HPV & HBV. About 1.59 million people die from lung cancer every year. About 58% of the lung cancer cases are reported to be common in developing countries. Hungary is the highest, followed by Serbia and Korea.
Note: A serious condition like lung cancer requires medical intervention. However, remedies can be applied as an adjunct.
- Step 1: If you are a smoker, quit this habit tight away because that will worsen the condition even more.
- Step 2: Include natural foods that are enriched with vitamin D because it is one of the vital nutrients for lung cancer patients.
- Step 1: Have a cup of freshly cut noni (cheese fruit) every day.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even consume its extract. The fruit is reported to help in fighting against the cancer cells effectively.
6. Colon Cancer (or Colorectal Cancer)
Fact: Colorectal or colon cancer is the world’s 3rd most common cancer, accounting for an estimated 1.4 million cases every year. After two decades, the colon cancer cases are anticipated to increase by 70%. Fortunately, colon cancer is 100% preventable.
Note: Colon cancer requires timely medical treatments. However, remedies can be applied to prevent it.
- Step 1: To keep the colon healthy, it is important to consume the right foods.
- Step 2: Flaxseeds is something that is good for the colon. It is enriched with fiber, proteins, minerals, vitamins, linolenic acid, and other vital phytonutrients to prevent the cancer cells from forming.
- Step 1: According to National Cancer Institute, garlic is one of the best natural foods to prevent cancer.
- Step 2: Either eat 1 – 2 garlic cloves raw every day or use them in cooking.