95. Acidity or GERD
Fact: Reports and statistics from Healthline estimate that acidity, scientifically known as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), is a problem that about 60% of the global adult population experiences at least once in a year whereas the remaining 40% suffers from it weekly. It is also shocking to know that besides adults, even children experience it. Occasional acidity is not a serious concern but frequent GERD surely is.
- Step 1: Chop a few pieces of ginger and boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, filter it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of chamomile petals (dried) with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to it. Drink when it is warm.
94. Obesity or Overweight
Fact: One of the most common health issues the whole world suffers is obesity or overweight. According to EASO (European Association for the Study of Obesity), the problem of obesity has doubled since the 1980s. It is the cause of most major problems like cholesterol, heart attacks, and strokes.
More than 1.5 billion adult populations in the world are obese and the numbers are increasing every minute. Obesity is the world’s fifth leading cause of death and an estimated 2.8+ million adults die every year. Being overweight is no fun. It is a serious problem, which requires serious attention and quick remedy.
- Step 1: Boil some green tea leaves in water or get a green tea bag and dip it in hot water.
- Step 2: Drink a cup of green tea every day to lose weight. A study done at Penn State University claimed that a compound named epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in natural green tea limits the absorption of fat and speeds the body’s capability to utilize fat.
- Step 1: Eating 5 to 7 curry leaves (fresh) every morning is a well-known Ayurvedic remedy to overcome obesity.
- Step 2: Repeat the remedy for a month or two, at least on alternate days for best results. Curry leaves have a natural alkaloid named mahanimbine, which exhibits lipid-lowering and anti-obesity properties; thus, helping the body lose weight and reducing the overall triglycerides as well as cholesterol levels.
93. Back Pain
Fact: Back pain or Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common health conditions that affects an individual multiple times in his or her lifetime. As a person ages, it becomes recurrent. According to medlineplus, out of 10, an estimated 8 individuals suffer from back pain. The global cost linked with back pain treatment exceeds $25 billion every year. Back pain should never be taken lightly. Most back pains fade away within a month but if it lasts for three months or more, it is chronic and requires proper medical care.
- Step 1: Boil 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once it boils down to half the quantity, allow the mixture to warm.
- Step 3: Strain and add a pinch of salt. Drink twice a day if you have mild back pain.
- Step 1: A simple exercise like walking can help reduce back pain.
- Step 2: Walk for 30 minutes daily in the mornings, but do it in moderation. If the pain is severe, discuss with a doctor.
92. Neck Pain
Fact: Like Lower Back Pain, even neck pain is one of the common health conditions an individual suffers in his or her lifetime. On a global scale, out of 10, an estimated 5 people experience neck pain, whose symptoms can range from mild to severe. According to reports, women between the ages 18 and 64 get frequent neck pains when compared to men. It occurs due to poor posture, stress and sitting for long hours. About 85% of the pain emerges from the joints, ligaments, and muscles.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh vitex negundo leaves. Add a few drops of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Once slightly warm, take a clean cloth, dip it in the mixture, and apply to the neck pain.
- Step 3: Repeating the remedy three times a week will help gain relief from the pain faster.
- Step 1: Do a slow motion neck exercise – side to side, ear to ear, and up & down. This will help stretch and free the neck muscles.
- Step 2: Alternatively, massaging the neck will also do the trick.
Fact: Dandruff is one of the most common health conditions. It affects 50% of the global population. It is not a serious disease. It is more a skin condition than a disease, where the skin cells flake and let new ones form in their place. These dead cells are so minute that it is hard for a person to notice through the naked eye. They shed at the surface when new skin cells begin to appear. This is a continuous process, which usually goes unnoticed.
- Step 1: Mix white pepper powder, sweet flag root powder, and lippia leaves powder in a small bowl. Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of this mixed powder and add adequate amounts of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Apply this on your scalp and massage. Leave for an hour and wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Step 1: Take some fresh Cynodon grass and extract its juice.
- Step 2: Mix some drops of pure coconut oil to it and warm slightly.
- Step 3: Use it before bedtime on alternate days to reduce dandruff.