60. Nasal Congestion
Fact: According to NCBI, 10 – 20% of the global population suffers from nasal congestion every year. The prevalence of this health condition is increasing radically. It is not dangerous, but prolonged nasal congestion can lead to serious sinus infections, severe headaches, and other allergies. So, early treatment is necessary.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of carom seeds (crushed) in 1 liter of water. Add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Step 2: Inhale the steam. Keep your face a little away, or else, you may end up burning.
- Step 1: Pour 2 – 3 drops of eucalyptus oil on a clean handkerchief.
- Step 2: Inhale the aroma of the oil few times a day.
59. Chest Congestion
Fact: Chest congestion is one of the common symptoms of respiratory infections. It occurs when the mucosa or mucus membranes are inflamed and irritated. This usually happens when a person inhales some irritant. Though it isn’t a serious problem, chest congestion for a prolonged period can turn chronic and lead to other problems in the respiratory tract.
- Step 1: Grand the rind of a lemon and boil it in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain it and gargle with it.
- Step 1: Boil 2 – 3 black pepper pieces and 1 small piece of ginger (finely chopped) in 1 cup of water.
- Step 2: After 5 to 7 minutes, turn off the stove. Strain it, add a teaspoon of honey, and drink when it is warm.
Fact: About 20% of the global population today suffers from constipation problems. In fact, it is one of the most common digestive problems people complaint about. This health condition not only makes a person feel irritated and bloated but also is highly expensive.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of flaxseeds in a glass of water. Leave it for 3 – 4 hours.
- Step 2: Drink the water every night before going to bed. The bowel syndrome will get better.
Fact: About 30% of the adult populations (above the age 30) are snorers. Now, this percentage rises to forty if middle-aged people are considered. About 2/3rd of couples report that their spouse snore. Surprisingly, even 5.6% of kids in the world are affected with habitual snoring.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has revealed that drowsy or sleepy driving is one of the major reasons for an estimated 100,000 accidents per year. An average snore has a sound of 38 decibels; however, the loudest snore ever recorded was about 120 decibels, which is equivalent to the sound produced by an emergency siren.
- Step 1: Mix 1 – 2 drops of essential peppermint oil in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Gargle your mouth with this solution before bedtime. Do not swallow.
- Step 1: Add ½ a teaspoon of organic cardamom powder in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture thirty minutes before bedtime. Repeat the remedy for a few days to reduce snoring.
56. Pellagra (Vitamin B3 Deficiency)
Fact: Pellagra is another disease that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B3 (or niacin). It is accompanied by abnormal skin rashes, body weakness, loss of appetite, and mouth sores. If left untreated, it worsens gradually, producing acute skin inflammation, severe diarrhea, mental disturbances and finally death.
- Step 1: Include multiple vitamin B3 rich foods in the daily diet.
- Step 2: Example: Potatoes, bananas, kiwis, tomatoes, cabbage, avocados, cabbages, etc.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add a few spinach leaves and boil again for another 5 minutes. Strain it and drink the mixture.