With age, many of us have increased skin problems. The skin does not rejuvenate that faster as it used to during our earlier stages of lives. Dark circles are such culprits that ruin the charm of our trendiest dresses and hard-worked hairstyles. Moreover, the stressful life of present times adds to the darkness of those threatening circles. Many times, people may have suggested various remedies to get rid of them or to lessen the pigmentation of dark circles. Here are some tricks to cover your dark circles.
But what if you are in a rush to go somewhere and want to look flawless at the same time? You may wish that there should be some tricks, which you can use in the shortage of time. Don’t worry; we have tried to compile some of the very effective solutions about how to cover up dark circles. Read on to learn more.
If I looked in the mirror someday and saw no dark circles under my eyes, I would probably look better. I just wouldn’t look like me
Steps To Hide Dark Circles:
Use an opposite color to counteract the color of your dark circles. For example, if your dark circles are of blue or gray tint, then use a concealer with an orange base shade. Peach color is recommended for people with fair skin, while dark peach or orange-colored concealer will work great for people with dark skin. The concealer should be 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin, so that it can hide the dark circles. No need to be scared by the first application look. It will look good after blending and brightening steps.
After applying the concealer, you should let it sit on your skin so that it gains some warmth. This will soften the concealer, and when you blend it, the concealer will be easy to work with. Use your ring finger for blending. Do not pull or tug your skin, just tap the concealer to blend it.
After using the normal concealer, you are good to go. But for some people that alone may not be sufficient to hide the dark circles. If you too have the same problem, get a light colored concealer. Its shade should be 1 shade lighter than your skin tone. Dab few dots of this brightening concealer under your eyes. Blending it with a dome shaped compact brush will be a smart move.
Under the eyes, use some translucent powder that is 2 shades lighter than your skin. It will help the concealer to set and will prevent creases from forming.
To add to the effect, you can apply some shimmering shades of white or beige eye shadow to the area where tear ducts are located. This will give you a fresh look, and the brightness will steal the focus from dark circles.
Mistakes To Avoid While Applying Concealer:
- Your dark circles may be a big issue, but that does not mean that you go overboard and use the lightest and thickest concealer available. Instead, this will attract all the focus on the dark circles, which you surely do not wish. Use only warm and peach toned colors that will lighten the dark circles.
- Do not leave the concealer bare on the face. After using concealer, apply a translucent powder to prevent it from getting creased or cakey.
- Do not use concealers for another purpose. The concealers for blemishes and redness have a different formula. So using one of them as a concealer for dark circles will make things worse for your appearance.
- The biggest mistake is to apply it initially. Always, apply concealers after foundation so that it retains its effect and does not spread with the foundation.
- Blending with a brush is the best method. Do not rub
- Use concealers according to your needs. Some give sheer finish while some give better coverage.
I’m prone to getting dark circles under my eyes when I’m tired, so I l use cover-up and instantly feel more confident.
How To Make Your Eyes Look More Appealing With Minimum Make-Up?
- After completing concealing, blending and brightening, apply a dark brown eye shadow into the creases of the eyelids. Select a matte effect shadow. This will make your eyes look wide open.
- Line the top portion of your upper eyelashes with a dark brown eye pencil. It will distract the focus from your dark circles.
- Use the same eye pencil in the inner lids rims of your lower lids.
- Apply a creamy blue liner over the brown line on your upper lids. This will steal all the focus.
- Apply two coats of waterproof mascara on the upper eyelashes.
Hope this article will be useful to you, and you will try the tips to get a flawless look next time you step out of the house. If you have any suggestions or some other tips, then feel free to share them in the comment box below.