In recent times, when the first impression is made in less than eight seconds, you need to have a fit body and maintain an attractive personality. You have to be physically and mentally strong to face the challenges. Life gives ample opportunities to everyone, and if you taken good shots at the chances given, then you will become successful. There is a proverb “A Strong mind in a strong body.” Physical activity is a must for making our body strong and healthy. However, no amount of robust physical activity could amount to a good nutritious diet. Although every plant, vegetable and fruit has its medicinal uses and benefits, there are some foods that can give multiple benefits. In this article on top 7 super foods for fighting fatigue and get energy – information is given on easily available foods that can spruce up your life. However, there is no food that has the capability of an “Alladin Magic lamp” that can change your life for the better within seconds. These foods, in fact, work on the inside of the body making you look more energetic, youthful and increase the immunity so as to keep diseases at bay.
The term “superfood” is termed to be a marketing gimmick by many dietitians and nutrition experts, who dispute that although many foods (fruits and vegetables) have health benefits and can even assist in some medical conditions, they cannot be called by the specific word. However, these foods are found to have high levels of vitamins, anti-oxidants, and other nutrients.
In recent times surrounded by hectic work, the one factor that can bog you down is fatigue or in other words, exhaustion. Imagine yourself, being highly energetic on a day and you would have completed difficult challenging jobs in time; the other day you are devoid of energy and a simple task can take hours to be completed – the reason was lack of energy either physically or mentally. Fatigue is a factor that can play havoc in day-to-day activities.
Although everyone faces challenges in daily life, with a positive attitude and right frame of mind, he/she can face these small obstacles head-on and come successful.
Now let us look into the different kinds of grains/vegetables/fruits and other items that can be labeled as superfoods:
Did you see the alphabets right? Millet? A super food! Is the food not only for the birds, parakeets and livestock? It can be best described as a nutrient-rich grain that has been overlooked. One of the biggest advantages of millet is that this grain is available throughout the year and can be considered as superfood.
Fiber rich diet such as millet has been found to make women less susceptible to breast cancer (pre-menopause).
How Does It Promote Health?
A look at the nutrients gives multiple components such as copper, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and folate.
Some of the benefits of magnesium are as follows:
- It decreases the symptoms of asthma and also reduces the intensity of migraine attacks
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart attack particularly in people affected with diabetic heart disease or atherosclerosis
Some of the benefits of Phosphorus in Millet:
- Phosphorus is the vital constituent of many compounds in the human body such as adenosine triphosphate or ATP.
- It forms the mineral matrix of bone, important component of nucleic acids, cell membranes and also nervous system structures.
- It is a co-factor of close to 300 enzymes in the human body and responsible for secretion of insulin and glucose.
- Millet contains multiple fibers as well as low simple sugars. Also, it is known for its low glycemic index. The fibers prevent the formation of gallstones, eliminate problems such as constipation, bloating, gas and leg cramps.
- A good digestive system is necessary for healthy functioning of the body as nutrients will be absorbed, and you are less prone to ailments such as colon cancer and gastric ulcers.
- The benefits expand as the proper elimination of toxins in the body assist in keeping the vital organs such as kidney, liver in perfect condition. Now, you know why millet can be called as a superfood or food with multiple benefits.
Maize is also called as corn in few countries. Considered as one of the important cereal crops of the world, it is well-known for multiple nutrient components.