Benefits: Pranayam helps to oxygenate your body while strengthening the abdomen and stomach muscles. It improves digestion and gives you a flat toned tummy.
Note: Avoid this pose if you are suffering from heart disease, hernia, and blood pressure.
- Sit on the yoga mat. Keep your spine straight and palms on the knees — facing downwards.
- Now exhale through the stomach and pull stomach towards your spine.
- When you loosen your stomach, you will automatically breathe in.
- Soon contract your stomach and exhale. Repeat it. Your stomach muscles will be doing the work of pushing out and pulling in.
- Do this 50 times initially and increase it after a few days or once you get comfortable.
4. Cobbler Pose
Sanskrit Name: Badhakonasana
Benefits: It reduces fat on the inner thighs, relieves menstrual discomfort, and improves digestion.
- Sit on the mat with legs stretched in front of you. Keep your spine straight and bend your legs at your knees so that the soles of your feet are facing each other.
- Now with the help of your hands, pull your legs in so that your heels touch each other and they are close to your pelvis.
- Hold your legs at the ankles. Move your thighs up and down like the wings of a butterfly multiple times. By stretching your legs slowly, come back to the resting position.
3. Plank Pose
Sanskrit Name: Kumbhakasana
Benefits: This pose tones your arms, thighs, buttocks, and shoulders.
- Lie on your tummy-side. Place your hands next to your face and bend your feet so that your toes are pushing the ground. By pushing off your hands, slightly raise your buttock in the air.
- Make sure that your legs are flat parallel to the floor and neck should be loose as far as possible. This pose is also known as downward dog pose or adho mukha svanasana.
- Now inhale and lower your torso such that your chest and shoulders are on your arms, which is perpendicular to the floor. Remember to keep your fingers close together. Feel your stomach muscles tightened up. Hold this pose for as long as you can.
- To come out of this pose, gently lower your body on the floor and then end up this pose.
2. Bow Pose
Sanskrit Name: Dhanurasana
Benefits: It works on shoulders, arms and core muscles. It enhances flexibility and sense of balance.
- Lie on your stomach on the floor; legs stretched out and your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees upward, so that it reaches your arms to hold your ankles or feet.
- Hold the position for 20-30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Now exhale and return to the lying position thereby allowing your body at rest.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with a time break of 15 seconds each time.
1. Pontoon Pose
Sanskrit Name: Naukasana
Benefits: This pose focuses on back, leg muscles and thereby helps to reduce the fat stored in the waist.
- Lie down on your back with legs stretched with your arms on your side.
- Inhale while you lift your legs up by stretching your toes and feet. Your legs should remain straight. Make a 45-degree angle with your body while reaching your arms extended.
- Breathe normally and hold the post for 15 seconds.
- Now release the pose and rest your body for 15 seconds.
- Repeat this pose for 5 times by taking 10-15 seconds of rest in between.
Try including the above-listed asanas in your daily practice. These poses quickly burn fat and reduce weight without any side effects. Stay connected with us to get more updates on the natural ways to reduce fat. If you like this page, feel free to drop your suggestions and ideas in the comments box.