Body toning exercises are a great way to tighten, strengthen, and elongate the muscles. They help the body to get into a perfect shape. But the question is, what body toning exercises should you follow on your everyday regime? Here are 10 amazing exercises that will help you have awesome abs, tighter arms, and of course, sexy hip and butt.
Note: If you are extremely obese, discuss with a doctor regarding these body toning exercises because you might end up rupturing the muscles. It is highly recommended to start these body toning exercises in smaller amounts and increase the workout session gradually.
10 Full Body Toning Exercises For An Extraordinary Shape
1. Push ups
Pushups target shoulder, triceps, chest and abs.
- Start yourself in a modified push-up position, hands placed on the ground – a little wider than shoulders.
- Keep yourself straight from the top of your head until legs and abs tight. Bend your elbow at 90 degrees and then push back to start again.
- Repeat this for 15 – 20 times. During the last repetition, lift the knees to keep yourself in a whole push-up position with legs held.
- Hold for 30 Seconds and make sure to keep the body straight.
2. Chest Flys
Chest Flys target shoulders and chest.
- Lie down with your face upwards and knees bent. Hold the dumbbells with your arms extended and palms facing each other.
- Slowly open your arms outside, keeping your elbows slightly bent. Stop lifting when weights are an inch from the ground. Take weights back to the starting position and do it for 15 – 20 times.
- Take a weight that is lighter than the previous one and do again for 10 – 15 times.
3. Reverse Lunge
Reverse Lunge targets glutes, hamstrings, quads.
- Stand with hip width apart, by holding lighter weight dumbbells with palms inside.
- Lunge your right foot behind and lower the right knee towards the ground. Bend it 90 degrees so that it is aligned to ankle.
- Return to start position by driving your body weight through left heel and bring your right knee to your hip level. Do 15 times by switching your legs.
4. Plie Squat
Plie Squat targets glutes, quads and inner thighs.
- Stand with your feet wider than your shoulders. Keep the toes turned outside and hold the lighter dumbbells in front of your thighs vertically.
- Bend 90 degrees by keeping the abs tight, Ensure to keep the torso tall. Keep your knees between the second & third toes and weight on your heels.
- Squeeze your glutes and do 15 reps.
5. Biceps Curl
Biceps curl targets only biceps.
- Stand with your feet together and the knees slightly bent. Hold a heavy dumbbell in both the hands with palms facing up. Now slowly curl the biceps to your shoulders by contracting.
- Slowly, return to the initial position, pick up the lighter set of dumbbells, and repeat the same. Do this for 10 times.