Meditation serves several needs for all the age groups of people; from kids to old age ones. With many mindfulness activities and refreshing meditations, a kid’s mind and body refresh up and gets a better blood-flow, ensuring better performance. And, because of these benefits, meditations are also compulsorily taught in many of the prominent schools, and they have separate classes per week for the same.
When this activity of meditation has such a wide range of benefits in enhancing the lives and body performance of the kids, and also for sharpening their minds, they are categorized in different types for a better understanding and selection for the kids.
What are the types of meditations available for the kids?
From the ancient era to the modern world, meditation has been highly popular and preferable to improvise the health and also the well-being. Hence, for varying needs in the kids, there are different types of meditations available, like:
- Increasing concentration, sensation, and thought building: Transcendental meditation, Relaxation response, Breath-focused meditation, mantra repetition, and meditation on prayer, mandala, and some other images.
- Mindfulness needs: Vipassana, mindfulness- based stress reduction.
- For better movement and posture: Tai Chi, Qi gong, Yoga, and Sufi Dancing.
- Getting positive emotions and building up compassion and forgiveness: Institute of HeartMath training (for building up compassion and gratitude) and Buddhist tonglen or metta practices (for building up kindness and compassion)
- Emptying: Focusing on prayer and waiting on inner light or inner voice.
With these meditation categories, a practice of breathing is provided for calmness, relaxation, and stress relief. Additionally, these practices are highly effective and no one needs to do them for years for better results, not even the kids! Just a few moments spent on meditation is the right solution for having a refreshing and energetic day for the kids.
Moving on to the sleep meditation for kids:
Every category of meditation has its own benefit for enhancing the lifestyle and body performance of the kids by helping them work on concentration, focus, and also in finding comfort during sleep.
Yes, sleep! Well, for most of the night time procedures before going to bed include bathing, brushing teeth, reading, and then finally moving to the bed. But, there is one more necessary and immensely effective technique before going to bed, and that is sleep meditation. With the help of sleep or bedtime meditation, the frequency of the brain’s performance (alpha state) boosts up while staying relaxed before moving on the sleep’s deeper state.
Since the bedtime needs of all the kids, as well as the adults, are to stay relaxed, feel happy, stay away from all the stress and worries, and feel being loved, thus the kids bedtime meditation or kids sleep meditation is a must for all, as unveiled by an expert hypnotherapist, Cory Cochiolo.
Benefits of Sleep meditation for kids:
Bedtime or sleep meditations prove out to be extremely beneficial for calming the mind and relaxing the body for a better mindfulness outcome!
As for the kids, it is essential for them to have a happy and good night before sleeping to have a deep and dreamful sleeping. Also, there is a lot going on in the kids’ minds, and it is important to relax the mind before going to sleep so that the sleep is more satisfying and relaxing.
Additionally, for the kids having a difficult time going to sleep and having anxiety while going to bed, sleep meditation turns out successful in eradicating these issues and enhancing comfort among the kids. With meditation, the kids also get better skills to get rid of stress and build up self-esteem and confidence. Thus, with sleep meditation, bedtime is more pleasurable and smoother.
Choosing the right sleep meditation:
Sleep meditations for the kids are inspired by imaginations and fun activities like the guided routines and visualized stories for a sound-full sleep. While choosing the sleep meditations, it is important to sync all the activities or the methods with the age of the kids, and the best-suited one with more preference are the simple and sweeter meditations based on stories.
Also, a varying method for meditation comes out more fruitful as it prevents the kids from being bored. Certain meditation guides and free meditations are also available online for a change in the sleep meditations to help the kids get more engaged with this methodology.
Ways for better setup and sleep meditation for kids:
Cory Cochiolo also disclosed a few factors for making the kids ready for the sleep meditation and assuring better sleeping experiences, and these critical points are as follows:
- Let the kids decide the settings for their bedtime:It is a must to let a kid decide their companions for bedtime like their favorite toys, pillows, the color, and the texture of their bed-sheets and blankets. With this, the kids get more satisfied during the bedtime, and they are then more willing to listen to every new idea that you might have in your head
- Make story-based meditations for bedtime: As before going to sleep, most of the kids ask for the stories, and thus modifying the meditation in a manner of them is better for the kids. Children are automatically more curious about reaching at the end of the story, and this ensures a better meditation too through the same.
- Stay persistent:Kids might resist this and deny for the meditations before bedtime, but you must stick to your opinion and stay determined without giving up! Come up with ways to make the guided meditation a successful one for the kids.
Well, a kid’s mood changes with time, and it is necessary to change the technique too with time for making the children stay engaged for the sleep meditations.
Amid all the chaos of the modern lifestyles, some multiple distractions and challenges strike a kid’s life. To have a lesser distraction and keep the mind free of all the stresses during sleep, it is vital to have the appropriate activities embedded in the daily schedules of the kids. These activities like sleep meditation are crucial for ensuring a healthy and calm life for the kids.