The eyes are one of the major sensory organs. It is essential that they be exercised at least once a day.
In recent times, computer work has become the forte and sitting on a desk with the computer and staring at the monitor non-stop except for breaks will put pressure on the eyes.
Four types of exercises:
- You can bend your elbow with the raised thumb.
- Extend the elbow with the same posture and do not let your gaze wander off.
- You can keep the thumb raised and move your eyes along with the thumb. You can either do this exercise sitting on a chair or on the mat.
- After doing the exercise on the left hand side, you can do the same on the opposite side also.
- You can also rotate the thumb all the while keeping your gaze on the thumb.
These exercises are important as you tend to look at the monitor with a steady gaze and the distance will also remain same.
Similar to the eyes, the neck also remains in a static position while doing work.
Types of neck exercises:
- You can tilt the neck to touch the shoulder on the left and right side. Hold breath when your head is going down and release it when you come to the normal position.
- Similarly, lift the neck completely upwards and then downwards. Hold your breath when you are looking up and release it as your head comes down.
- Move your head to the left side and then to the right side. You can hold breath when your head moves to the left side and then release as you move to the right side. You can repeat the same on the opposite side.