A lot of food networks and health enthusiasts have been listing down healthy detox water recipes for weight loss and advising people to drink a glass of detox water on a daily basis. Ever wondered why? Well, the main purpose of detox water is to help the body to flush out all the toxins and keep the internal system clean. Though there are many ways to prepare detox water, the ones listed here are easy, delicious, hydrating, and healthy at the same time. Before, we get into them; here is a quick introduction if you are unaware as to what detox water is.
What Is Detox Water?
Detox is the acronym for detoxification. Detox water is prepared by infusing fresh vegetables or fruits in water and leaving it overnight or for about 5 – 8 hours. It is one of the best alternatives to artificial beverages, as it is free from food colors, chemicals, and other preservatives.
What Does Detox Water Do?
The main objective of detox water is to:
- Keep the internal system clean and healthy.
- Eliminate all the harmful toxins from the body.
- Boosts the energy levels.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Builds a strong immune system.
- Keeps the skin young and glowing.
- Promotes clear and better thinking.
21 Best Detox Water Recipes For Weight Loss & Cleansing
There are many ways to make detox water recipes for weight loss, but you might want it to be simple, easy, and healthy at the same time. So, here are a few to note down.
Note: Increase or decrease the ingredients’ and water quantities based on the serving size.
1. Lemon, Cucumber, & Mint Leaves Detox Water Recipe
- Pour 12 cups of water (3 quarts) in a jug.
- Cut these fresh: ½ cucumber, 2 lemons, 10 – 12 mint leaves.
- Add them to the water. Leave it overnight.
- Drink a glass of it early morning on an empty stomach and throughout the day.
2. Watermelon, Mint, Ginger, and Lemon Detox Water Recipe
- Fill a jug with water.
- Slice these fresh: ¼ watermelon, ½ cucumber, 1 lemon, 1 small piece of ginger, a few mint leaves. Add the ingredients to the water and leave it overnight.
- Drink a glass of this detox water every morning and throughout the day.
3. Raspberry & Blueberry Detox Water Recipe
- Take a mason jar (of 8 oz.) and fill it with water.
- Add ¼ cup of fresh blueberries and ¼ cup of fresh raspberries.
- Leave it overnight and drink the next day morning.
4. Strawberry, Lemon, Cucumber, & Mint Detox Water Recipe
- Take a mason jar or a jug and fill it with water.
- Cut these fresh: 5 strawberries, 1 lemon, ½ cucumber, and a few mint leaves.
- Add them to the water and leave it overnight. Drink fresh the next morning.
5. Chia & Lemon Detox Water Recipe
- Take a mason jar or fill half a jug with water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon honey, & ½-cup fresh lemon juice into the water.
- Leave it for 3 hours and drink throughout the day.
6. Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, and Coconut Water Detox
- Slice these citrus fruits fresh: 2 lemons, 1 grapefruit, and 2 oranges.
- Fill a big jug with coconut water. Add the sliced citrus fruits into it. Leave it for 3 hours.
- Drink throughout the day. But don’t keep it for long because the coconut water might get stale.
7. Blackberries & Mint Detox Water Recipe
- Take a mason jar and fill it with water.
- Cut some fresh blackberries and add to the jar.
- Slightly crush some fresh mint leaves and add to the water.
- Shake well and leave it overnight for the ingredients to be infused.
- Drink the next day morning.