10. Fennel Seeds
Fennel, scientifically known as Foeniculum vulgare is a perennial herb, which has been traditionally used by Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, and Greeks to make medicines. It is native to the Mediterranean and southern Europe. Though these tiny seeds are mainly used for treating various gastrointestinal problems, they are globally known to be one of the best home remedies for stomach pain in infants too. The constituents in fennel seeds are beneficial for the digestive system. It helps in relaxing muscles, stimulating the bile flow, and reducing pain. Hence, chewing these seeds can assist in digestion and help get rid of stomach pain naturally. To try the remedy, follow the procedure given below:
- Step 1: Take one tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Step 2: Chew the fennel seeds after your meals to assist easy digestion.
How Does This Work?
Fennel seeds possess anethole and cineole, the oils that can trigger the secretion of digestive juice. It can also reduce inflammation and the pain caused due to a stomachache. These seeds are also rich in phytoestrogens and can have a soothing effect on irritable bowels and stomach disorders.
Fennel Seeds Are Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant. You can suffer a miscarriage.
- You are allergic to carrots, mugworts, and celery. Fennel seeds may cause an allergy if you are sensitive to such plants.
- You are suffering from uterine cancer, breast cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cancer, and uterine fibroids.
9. Yogurt and Coriander Leaves
Believe it or not, natural probiotics can assist in taming your tummy problems. So, what could be a better ingredient than plain probiotic? They are free from artificial ingredients and work effectively on a stomach ache. This creamy and yummy dessert helps in killing bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella inside your colon, who are also the major culprits for food poisoning. Besides this, the healthy bacteria in plain yogurt also protect the lining of the stomach from H. pylori, (bacteria that causes gastritis and ulcers). Also, natural yogurt is fortified with calcium. Hence, you can consume them even if you are lactose intolerant.
Coriander leaves, on the other hand, though is optional to use here, it still has high benefits when it comes to stomach. The two main essential compounds found in coriander are Linalool and Borneol, which not only help in better digestion but also makes sure that the liver and bowel, is functioning properly. Besides this, it’s anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties protect the stomach from unwanted problems. Besides being one of the healthiest foods, coriander leaves are also admired for their unique taste. To treat your stomach pain naturally with these two ingredients, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take one or two tablespoons of fresh yogurt.
- Step 2: Mix it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and if needed, a pinch of salt.
- Step 3: Mix all the ingredients together. Ensure the coriander leaves are crushed to get the maximum benefits.
How Does This Work?
The probiotics are lactobacillus and bifidobacterium. The lactobacillus succeeds in breaking the lactose that can cause discomfort in many people. They can also assist people with irritable bowel syndrome, antibiotic-related diarrhea, etc.
The Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- You have low blood pressure. Coriander leaves might decrease it even more.
- You are diabetic. Coriander leaves can decrease it the sugar levels.
- You are allergic to plants like mugwort, caraway, aniseed, dill, fennel, or plants that are similar to these. You may have allergies to coriander as well.
- You have a weak immune system. Some claim that the live bacteria present in yogurt may reproduce unchecked, thereby, causing sickness in people who have weak immune system, like organ transplant recipients, HIV/AIDS, etc.