Rampant exposure to the sun can cause an increase in making the skin becoming darker (due to creation of cells (called as melanocytes) which increase the melanin in the skin). The triggering enzyme is called as tyrosinaseage spots,dark spots, liver spots, brown spots and sun spots. The spots/patches are not a threat to health, however, many view them as an unattractive factor, in this article information will be provided on the home remedies by which you can lighten the age spots and make them less visible.
These spots can be seen on the skin areas which are exposed to the outside environment such as the neck, shoulders, face, back and hands.
The main causes of this ailment are found to be aging, genetics and sun exposure. Other Factors that contribute are pregnancy, vitamin deficiency, fluctuations of hormones, stress and improper functioning of liver.
- Irrespective of color, race or ethnic background, everyone of us would have faced a pigmentation problem at least once in our lifetime.
- If you have a fair complexion, the spots can be seen clearly. However, it can also be seen in people with darker skin.
- The shape will be flat and oval. The maximum size of spots will be more than half an inch (13 millimeters), and if grouped, they can be seen more prominently.
- The color will be usually brown or black (tanned)
- The spots will usually be found on skin that has more skin exposure such as top of feet, shoulders, face and upper back
Home Remedies To Lighten The Brown Spots On Skin
A cup of buttermilk will give the best relief during a hot summer. The main medicinal component in buttermilk is lactic acid (alpha hydroxyl acid). It acts as an exfoliator, lightens the brown spots and makes the skin stay refreshed. This method can be described as one of the common effective treatment for brown spots or age spots.
Sandalwood has been used in ancient medicine and also in recent times as soaps and detergents. Applying of sandalwood cools the skin and it has anti-septic as well as anti-aging properties. The major components of sandalwood are sesquiterpene alcohols in which α-santalol can be from (7–60 percent) and β-santalol in the range of (7–33%). The β-santalol can lighten up the fair spots on the skin.
3. Pineapple Juice
Pineapple is well-known for its anti-aging properties. The Vitamin C in pineapple when applied to the skin, assists in fighting the damage to the skin (causes – sun and pollution, reduction of wrinkles and enhancing overall skin texture). Another important aspect is the contribution in creation of collagen, waning off the dead cells, lightening the tone of skin etc. The technique can be termed as some of the top natural remedies for prevention and treatment of dark spots.
4. Lemon Juice
Whether it is a simple ailment concerning any part of the body, lemon forms an essential ingredient for many home remedies. In this article you will be given information on how to reduce the brown spots on your skin.
You can take a lemon, squeeze out the juice. Apply on the brown spots and let the juice remain for ten minutes to quarter of an hour. Wash off with warm or cold water.
5. Aloe Vera
The gel of aloe vera contains aloin, which is known for its sunscreen protectant properties. The gel is also known for its adaptogenic properties as it can stimulate the immune system of the body according to the environmental conditions. The high water content of aloe vera makes the skin stay hydrated, moisturized and rejuvenated.
- You can cut an aloe vera leaf.
- Take the aloe vera gel and apply on the affected brown spots.
- The gel might be a little sticky, but you can leave on the skin and wash with water.
- You can carry this process for half an hour twice every day and then wash with cold water.
The high vitamin C content can assist in the peeling off and slows the melanin production in the skin. The herb is well-known as a rubefacient which can stimulate blood flow on the surface and beneath the skin. It can also be used externally for aches, pain, chronic rheumatism, arthritic and rheumatic joints._
- Take a horseradish piece of four to five inches and half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Grate the horseradish and add the herb to apple cider vinegar.
- Now comes the difficult part. Leave the mixture for two weeks in a dark place.
- Ensure that you shake the mixture well every day.
- Strain the mixture in the storage container and take out the liquid.
- You can apply the liquid on the brown spots three times a day for thirty days.
The ‘fruit’ is rich in Vitamin C as well as antioxidant compounds and it can improve the texture of the skin. Most of the components of water melon are 92 percent water, but the melon also contains vital nutrients for the skin. It is packed with Vitamin C, B6 and A, amino acids, lycopene. Potassium is also found in minute quantities.
- Take a water melon and cut it to pieces.
- Rub the rind of a water melon over the affected parts.
- Let the residue sit for fifteen minutes on the face and then wash off with cold water.
The enzymes of papaya are papain, chymopapain as well as alpha hydroxyl acids which can help in exfoliation. The age of the brown spots and also scars, blemishes of skin as well as other problems may also be eradicated with suitable passage of time. The result will be clean bright skin without any wrinkles or spots. Papain is used in anti-ageing creams.
- Take a small papaya and cut into small pieces.
- Rub on the affected parts smoothly for ten minutes. The pieces may be of two teaspoons quantity.
- You will notice that the spots will fade over time.
- After fifteen minutes, you can wash the face with Luke warm water.
Yogurt has been known to have bleaching properties on the skin. The skin can look lighter and so it can be used for getting relief from brown spots.
You can take one tablespoon of yogurt, two tablespoons of fresh lime juice and the same amount of ground oatmeals in a bowl. Apply the paste on the affected skin with brown spots. You can wash off the paste with cold water after 15 min.
This process should be consistently followed for a week daily for at least two to three months.
10. Castor Oil
The oil contains healing & anti-inflammatory qualities which can heal the brown spots on skin. Castor oil application can help the skin stay hydrated and keep it free from infections. It is mostly a triglyceride, and it is composed of fatty acids which can easily penetrate the layers of skin. The process promotes the production of elastin as well as collagen. The repairing of skin takes place and the wrinkles and fine lines can disappear on the face if you follow the process as well as a healthy life style.
- You need four ingredients – castor oil, olive oil, cotton ball and a bowl.
- You can put castor oil as well as the other oil in the bowl and mix it.
- Stir them well in the bowl and make a mixture.
- Dip the cotton ball in the oil and apply on the affected parts.
- You can continue this process twice a day, in the wee hours of morning as well as night time.
11. Onion Juice
Another grandmother’s kitchen remedy from the skin for treatment of brown spots. Onions have acidic properties along with bleaching nature which can assist in fading the brown spots on skin. It prevents the production of extra collagen. The components of onion are sulphuric compounds, phytochemicals, flavonoids and Vitamin C. The other phytochemicals are vinyldithiins, cepane, disulfides and trisulfides. All these compounds have antimicrobial and anticancer properties._
- Mix onion juice (one tablespoon), honey (two tablespoons) in a small bowl.
- Stir them well and apply on the affected areas.
- Let the paste remain on the areas for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Then rinse them with cold water.
We sincerely hope that these simple remedies may assist you in clearing off the brown spots on your skin. The updates on every article will be consistent in livealittelonger.com. If you have knowledge of any home remedies be kind enough to put a note in the comments section.