6. Dandelion Root Tea
Dandelion roots act as a natural and mild laxative to promote digestion. Moreover, it helps in stimulating your appetite while balancing the natural bacteria in your intestines. You can use any piece of this plant (Dandelion) for treating stomach problems. Dandelions assist in increasing the stomach acid, enzymes, and bile for better and easy digestion, especially fats. Whether you are blending them with your recipes or consuming them with salads, they are always healthy. To prepare a nice, warm dandelion root tea, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take two cups of water.
- Step 2: Boil the water and add the herb.
- Step 3: Cover with a lid and let it steep until warm.
- Step 4: Strain and then consume the tea.
How Does This Work?
It contains more beta-carotene and rich in minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc. The herb also displays similar properties to a laxative, assists in digestion, and enhances the formation of appetite. The stomach acid is released more along with bile to aid in the digestion of fats.
Dandelion Root Tea Is Not Good, If:
- You have allergic to ragweed, daisies, chrysanthemums and marigolds.
- You are taking medicines for blood thinning. Interactions can happen.
5. Potato Juice
According to dailymail.co.uk, a diet based on potatoes can magically heal your stomach ulcers. Potatoes are a rich source of complex carbohydrates, proteins, fibers, Vitamin A, C, and B-complex. Also, it is fortified with minerals like copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. Potato juice naturally has alkaline in them to help neutralize the stomach acids. Thus, relieving an upset stomach, peptic ulcers, and heartburn. Potatoes can even be warmed and then applied topically to improve the blood flow and to reduce joint as well as muscle pains. However, this particular process (below), can enhance the digestive capability of the body. To try this remedy, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Crush or grind the potatoes.
- Step 2: Extract the juice and then add one cup of water. You can also add lemon juice if you want.
- Step 3: Consume every morning on an empty stomach.
How Does This Work?
Potassium the nutrient that potatoes are rich in. These high levels of potassium are responsible for the acid-base balance in the cells. It can also relax the tension between blood vessels. The acid formation in the stomach is neutralized, and you get relief from peptic ulcers and heartburn.
Potato Is Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are diabetic. It can affect the sugar levels in the blood.
- You consume in excess. It can backfire and cause headache, vomiting, and nausea.