1. Mixture Of Rose Buds And Dill Seeds
Rosebuds: Roses have been traditionally used for medicinal and beauty purposes as well. It is believed that roses have a cooling effect and are anti-infection. It not just fights the unwanted bacteria but also re-establishes the normal bacterial population of the intestines. It also helps treat irregular periods in the women (which is also a common cause of stomach aches). Many people consume rose tea for multiple health benefits. Rosebud tea is prepared from dehydrated, whole rose blossoms. The delicate flowers emit an aromatic brew, which does not only taste light but also are extremely low in calories.
Dill seeds: Scientifically named as Anethum Graveolens, dill has been widely used for medicinal and culinary purposes for ages. Both the leaves and seeds of dill plant are edible. Besides giving a tangy, strong, appetizing taste, dill is claimed to be healthy for the kind of nutrients it possesses. It has special organic compounds like Monoterpenes, flavonoids, amino acids, and minerals.These brown oval shaped seeds are known to have bacteriostatic elements, which can regulate the growth of bacteria when consumed. Some of the most commonly recommended stomach ache remedies also include dill as their common ingredient. To try a remedy using these two ingredients, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take some 4-5 rose buds and a handful of dill seeds.
- Step 2: Crush the two with pestle and mortar.
- Step 3: Soak the mixture in hot water for about 3 hours.
- Step 4: Drink one teaspoon of the concoction once in every three hours.
- Step 5: Continue for 4 to 5 days.
How Does This Work?
Roses are a rich source of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants, which help your immune system by fighting and killing various bacteria and infections. Dill contains a carminative agent, which aids digestion by relieving intestinal gas and helps in easy digestion. They are also rich in calcium, dietary fiber and with minerals like magnesium and iron (nutrients required for a healthy stomach). The above mentioned properties are which makes it the best home remedy for stomach pain.
The Remedy Does Not Work, If:
- You are using dried or processed petals instead of fresh ones. A lot of vitamin C is lost in the process, making the remedy futile.
- You are allergic to pollen. Avoid rose buds in such cases.
- Though dill seeds are rarely known for their side effects, consumption of large quantities of dill plant grown outdoors with plenty of sunlight can cause dermatitis as claimed by few.
How To Prevent A Stomach Ache?
A healthy diet is a must for a healthy stomach. Apart from this, a strictly followed diet timetable helps in preventing stomach ache because most of the problems are caused due to irregular timings of food consumption. It is highly recommended to avoid outside food due to the unhygienic use of water and hands.
Taking the following precautions will help avoid the abdominal pain.
- Do not take greasy, gassy and fatty food
- Do your exercises regularly
- Replenish with sufficient water
- Have fiber-rich and well-balanced food like fruits and vegetables
- Eat mini meals frequently rather than having a single large meal.
- Do not have alcohol and caffeinated beverages
- Chew the food you eat properly
- Do not hit the bed immediately after a meal
- Follow a coordinated dietary plan that will help you deal with the pain better.
- Make sure to include sufficient exercise in your lifestyle to avoid the painful episodes in your stomach.
- Bowel movement must not be disrupted and must happen naturally at regular intervals. Have fiber rich food and drink plenty of water to keep the stomach functioning efficiently.
- Lastly, make sure you get sufficient sleep and rest. A stressed body will make way for a plethora of ailments. Hence, rest is critical for replenishing the energy and restoring the health.
- If none of the stomach ache remedies seem to work on alleviating the pain, then you are recommended to visit a doctor and make a complete diagnosis for any serious underlying conditions.
When To See A Doctor?
- You are currently undergoing cancer treatment
- Having pain in the chest, shoulder and neck
- You have difficulty to pass stool. Also, if you are vomiting consistently.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive
- You have difficulty in breathing
- You had suffered abdominal injury
- Tenderness or stiff belly
- You see blood in stool or vomit
- You have sharp reoccurring pain in the abdomen
It Is An Emergency If:
- The pain is lasting more than a week.
- The severity and frequency of the pain increase with vomiting and nausea.
- You persistently have to bloat beyond two days.
- You have diarrhea for more than five days.
- Intense burning while urinating.
- High fever accompanied by pain.
- You have unpredictable weight loss.
- Prolonged Vaginal bleeding.
- Lasting poor appetite.
Natural Remedy vs.Pharmacy
There are a variety of Over The Counter (OTC) medicines that are used to treat the stomach pain. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are popular choices of medications. For nausea and acid reflux, you can have antacids that will regulate the acids in the stomach. Antacids can also improve the digestion and relieve you from heartburns.
- Tums will bring momentary quick relief for the acid related problems in the stomach. Tums is an antacid.
- Use proton pumps inhibitors that will regulate the acids in the stomach. It is also used against heart burns.
- Pepcid and Zantac are the best acid blockers that will regulate the acid in the stomachs. The effect lasts a few hours.
- Pay attention to your choice of antacids. Some that are magnesium or calcium based will cause diarrhea and constipation.
- Drink electrolyte beverages such as Rehydralyte and Pedialyte if you are suffering from vomiting.
The pain you experience in the stomach is a natural response of the body and the immune system indicating a problem associated with the epicenter of pain. Hence, you are required to make quickly an assessment of your activity to undermine the cause of the pain and discomfort. It may be due to the food, or other contributing factors. If you cease the factors that are aggravating the pain, you can quickly begin treating the pain or inflammation.