6. Warrior II Pose
This is a major balance challenge, which will engage your core the entire time.
- Stand up straight and give your weight on the right foot. Hold your left shin to your chest and extend it straight back to making it parallel to the ground.
- Flex the left foot and point your toes down. If you need to stabilize yourself, you can bring your fingertips to the ground for the moment.
- Once stable, reach both arms out in front of your body making a straight line from your fingertips all the way to your back and your left heel.
- Keep the straight position for three long and deep breathes and slowly return to your standing position. Do the same on the other side.
7. Camel Hinge
This pose will help engage your back, thighs, and abs.
- Kneel on the floor while keeping your knees hip-width apart and toes tucked under. Extend arms in front of your chest keeping it straight and palm faced down.
- Lift chest and press your pelvis forward while you are hinging backward and slightly arching your lower back.
- Pause for a while and focus your attention on opening your chest while keeping ribcage down and belly button drawn to your spine. Return slowly to your starting position. Repeat for 10
8. Bridge With Leg Sweep
This will stabilize your abdominals and sculpt your butt and hamstrings.
- Lie flat on the floor or on your yoga mat and keep feet flat on the floor. Place arms on both sides with palms facing down.
- Brace abs in tight and press through your heels to bring your hips up. Make sure that your hips are properly lifted and squared.
- Extend left leg up to the ceiling while flexing the foot. Sweep left leg to the right while passing in the middle of your body. Sweep back to the left and slightly passing over your left hip.
- Repeat 10 times with the left leg before switching to the other leg and repeating for another 10
9. Lotus Hip Lift
The static contraction on your core provides a great way for a flatter tummy.
- Sit with your legs crossed. Pressed both palms on the floor outside your hips with fingertips facing forward. Brace your abdominal muscles and press down with your arms and shoulders.
- Lift your hips a few inches from the floor and hold the position for 3 Lower yourself to the floor and repeat.
- If you cannot lift your hips from the floor, you can simply press down your arms and shoulders and lift as you can until you have become stronger.
10. Stacked Side Plank
Your abdominal muscles will be used to stabilize your entire body as you balance on your arm and leg.
- Lie on the right side while keeping your knees straight. Put your right hand under the right shoulder.
- Lift hips from the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulder down to your ankles.
- Flex feet and extend your left arm up to the roof. Breathe deeply and hold the position for about 60 seconds. Lower yourself and repeat on the other side.