Many of us would have been in the battle of losing weight and somehow or the other, we eventually have failed. Initially, we have taken all things seriously. We have paid close attention to the daily exercises and made sure everything that goes into the stomach is healthy. But, as days pass, the resolution of living a healthier and lighter life breaks off. However, it is time to ditch that insane workout routine and switch to yoga. So, here are ten yoga poses that burn fat incredibly.
Also See: 10 Easy Yoga Poses That Look Hard
Top 10 Yoga Poses That Burn Fat
Practicing these yoga poses in your every day regime helps you achieve your anticipated weight goal without any side effects. Also, make a note that initially, these yoga poses might be tough but gradually, practice will make it easy and perfect.
10. Upward Plank
Sanskrit Name: Purvottanasana
Benefits: It works on your back, shoulders, spine, arms, and wrist.
- Sit straight with your legs stretched in front of you. Place your hands behind your hips on the floor and let your fingers points towards the feet.
- By placing your feet firmly on the floor, slowly raise your body upwards.
- Lift your body from your tailbone by pulling your head back as well.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat the process a few times.
9. Boat Pose
Sanskrit Name: Naukasana
Benefits: It works on belly, legs, back, and arms.Procedure:
- Start by lying down on the floor with your legs stretched straight and arms to your sides.
- Breathe in deeply by raising your chest and your feet slowly off the floor.
- Look forward steadily for a good posture in your body.
- Continue holding this pose as you inhale and exhale 10
- Repeat this asana for 5 times with 15 seconds of a break between each practice.
8. The Half Moon Pose
Sanskrit Name: Ardha Chandraasana
Benefits: This posture tones your inner and upper thighs. It burns off the tummy fat.
Note: Avoid this pose if you suffer from spine injuries, digestive disorders and high blood pressure.
- Stand with your feet placed together. Gently raise your hands above your head by tightening your palms together, extend your stretch to the top.
- Now exhale by keeping your hands together, bend sideways from your hips.
- Don’t bend forward. Feel a stretch from your fingertips to thighs.
- Then Inhale and come back to the standing position. Repeat this pose on the other side too.
7. Chair Pose
Sanskrit Name: Uthkatasana
Benefits: It strengthens the spine and supports thighs as well as hips.
Note: Avoid this posture if you suffer from knee injuries and chronic insomnia.
- Stand straight with your hand in prayer or Namaste position. Slightly bend your knees as if you are sitting on a chair. Raise your hands straightly above your head.
- Bend your head inwards as you go deep into the posture. Breathe normally for as long as you can hold the pose. End by coming into a standing position.
6. Forward Bending Pose
Sanskrit Name: Uttanasana
Benefits: It stretches the hamstrings and puts pressure on the abdomen muscles.
- Stand straight with your feet placed together.
- As you inhale slowly, raise your arms above your head.
- Now bend forward completely by pushing your buttocks back and let your palms touch the floor and forehead touch your knees.
- Then slowly come up to the standing position.