The blood coursing through our veins can become impure due to several toxins that enter the bloodstream. Apart from toxins, heavy metals, microbes, and several free radicals that pose a threat to the body make their way into the bloodstream easily. The main causes are poor lifestyle habits, poor choice of diet, impurities in the environment and pollution in general. When the blood becomes impure, it loses its capacity to nourish the various body systems, which results in several illnesses attacking the body resulting in poor health. There are several easy home remedies to purify blood.
Causes & Symptoms
- Causes: Toxins, microbes, pollution, poor diet, unhealthy lifestyle habits, toxins etc.
- Symptoms: Diabetes, Obesity, poor eating habits, hormonal imbalances, artificial additives, insomnia.
10 Best Home Remedies To Purify Blood
Impurities in the blood cause several health issues and make one lose the power of immunity making you susceptible to diseases. There are several easy home remedies to purify blood, here are the top 10:
10. Fenugreek Leaves
- Take a bunch of fresh Fenugreek leaves, few petals of a Banana flower, and 2 teaspoons of Black pepper powder. Boil two glasses of water in a bowl.
- Add the Fenugreek leaves and Banana flower petals. Add the pepper powder and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the concoction.
- Continue the process thrice a week for a month or so.
Fenugreek leaves are loaded with minerals like calcium, iron and potassium. They are also rich in Vitamin C and K, and contain good dietary fiber as well. Banana flower petals are rich in flavonoids and have loads of vitamins & proteins. The flower also has antioxidant properties the prevent free radicals from causing cell damage. Pepper has many medicinal properties and is an excellent antioxidant. Fenugreek leaves, banana flower and pepper make one of the best home remedies to purify blood.
Fenugreek seeds do not have any adverse side effects. Banana flower is also considered a healthy food and does not cause any side effects.
9. Chinese Spinach + Cardamom
- Take a bunch of fresh Chinese Spinach (Amaranth) and some Cardamom (1 g).
- Run the Chinese Spinach in a mixer-blender to make juice.
- Powder the cardamom and add to the juice.
- Drink the juice once or twice a week.
Chinese spinach, also known as Amaranth is a green leafy vegetable that is used in the cooking of several cultures across the world. Amaranth is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2 and C and contains several minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron as well. Chinese spinach has the power to purify the blood and remove the toxins. Chinese spinach is one of the best home remedies for blood purification.
While Chinese spinach does not have any adverse side effects when consumed in moderation, excess consumption can interfere with the mineral absorption capacity of the body. It may also cause stomach disorders and diarrhea.
8. Centella Asiatica Leaves + Honey
- Take a bunch of Centella Asiatica leaves.
- Wash and run through a mixer-blender to make juice.
- Add two teaspoons of pure honey.
- Drink the juice daily for a month or so.
Centella Asiatica, also known as Indian Pennywort and Brahmi is an amazing herb that is known to enhance memory power of the brain. Centella Asiatica is rich in triterpenoids, which are a group of saponins, and the herb also contains beneficial flavonoids, flavones, sterols, amino acids and lipids. Honey contains complex carbohydrates. Centella Asiatica and honey give the best answer to the question “how to purify blood?”
While Centella Asiatica does not have any adverse side effects it should not be administered to pregnant women and lactating mothers. It should not be given to people with liver problems as it can worsen the situation.
7. Beetroot + Cumin + Black Pepper
- Take 2 medium sized beetroots. Wash, peel and cut them to small pieces.
- Boil two glasses of water in a bowl. Add the diced beetroot.
- Steep for 10 minutes. Add a teaspoon each of Cumin and Black pepper powder.
- Strain and drink hot. Continue the process thrice weekly for a month.
Beetroot contains the compound betacyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that also has anti-carcinogenic properties. It helps to purify the blood and boosts immunity levels by regenerating the cells. Cumin and black pepper have medicinal benefits that help remove toxins from the blood. Beetroot, cumin and black pepper make one of the best home remedies for blood purification.
Beetroot does not cause any major side effects. However, people suffering from a condition known as Wilson’s disease should not take this remedy as it can lead to the accumulation of copper and iron in the body. Cumin and black pepper are harmless when consumed in small quantities.
6. Cynodon Dactylon + Phyllanthus niruri
- Take a bunch of Cynodon Dactylon leaf blades. Extract the juice.
- Take a bunch of Phyllanthus niruri leaves. Extract the juice.
- Mix both the juices and drink. Continue the process thrice a week for a month or so
Cynodon Dactylon, also known as Bermuda grass belongs to the Poaceae family. It enhances the body’s immune system and helps purify the blood. Phyllanthus ninuri helps eliminate toxins from the body and aids in blood purification. Cynodon Dactylon and Phyllanthus ninuri together make one of the best home remedies to purify blood.
Cynodon Dactylon does not have any side effects when consumed in moderate quantities. Phyllanthus ninuri also does not cause any side effects when taken orally for short periods of time.
5. Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
- Boil a bunch of fresh Basil leaves in a glass of water.
- Close the lid and set aside. Strain the reddish brown color tea and drink.
- Continue the process thrice a week for a month.
Basil is a medicinal herb that has many curative properties. It helps clear the nasal passage and removes the congestion in the lungs. It is a great detoxifying agent and helps purify the blood by removing the unwanted toxins that accumulate in the blood. Basil leaf tea is one of the best answers to the question “how to purify the blood?”
Basil does not have any known side effects and is quite safe to use. However, it should be used only in moderate quantities.
4. Turmeric + Milk
- Boil 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with a glass of cow’s milk.
- Drink the Turmeric milk before bedtime.
- Continue the process daily for a month or so.
Turmeric is a magic spice that has several medicinal properties. It is a natural antiseptic agent and also has antioxidant properties because of the presence of a substance known as curcumin. Turmeric helps with the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal system and helps remove the toxins from the liver. It is a great blood purifier. Turmeric is one of the best home remedies to purify blood.
Turmeric does not have known side effects and is a part of everyday cooking in most of the Asian cultures.
3. Coriander Leaves
- Boil a bunch of coriander leaves with 2 glasses of water.
- Steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the decoction.
- You can also store the decoction in the fridge.
- Drink daily for a month or so.
Coriander is a herb that is generally used for garnishing, and is part of everyday cooking in most cultures of the world. It has many medicinal properties and acts as an excellent detoxifying agent and helps to purify the blood by removing the unwanted toxins that accumulate over a period of time. Coriander is one of the best home remedies to purify blood.
Coriander does not have any side effects and can be used as part of everyday cooking to add flavor to the food and to maintain good health as well.
- Take a bunch of fresh Parsley. Run it in a mixer-blender to make juice.
- Drink the Parsley juice daily. Continue the process for a week or so.
Parsley has some amazing healing properties and is a popular herb all over the world. It contains Vitamins K, C, and A as well as folate, iron, copper, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Parsley contains myristicin which can activate the enzyme glutathione-S-transferase, which has the power to detoxify and remove carcinogenic substances. Parsley is one of the best home remedies to purify blood.
Parsley should be consumed only in small quantities. When consumed in large quantities it has an adverse effect as it can cause anemia and may also cause kidney or liver problems.
1. Neem Shoots
- Take a handful of tender Neem shoots.
- Wash, and chew and swallow on an empty stomach.
- Continue the process daily for a month or so.
Neem is a natural antiseptic agent that helps destroy bacteria in the mouth and gastrointestinal system. It acts as a natural detoxifying agent and helps remove the toxins accumulated in the blood.
Neem is an excellent medicine that has no side effects whatsoever. However, Neem shoots should be consumed in moderation.