Turmeric (botanically known as Curcuma longa) is a bright yellow spice, which has been used by Indians and Chinese in ancient times. s a powerful medicine It’s anti-inflammatory agents assist in the treatment to various conditions, even including jaundice, flatulence, bloody urine, menstrual difficulties, toothache, haemorrhage, etc. In fact, it is one of the healthiest foods to add in your every day diet. Turmeric’s antiseptic and antibiotic properties can effectively cure inflammation of tissues in the throat. However, turmeric has to be used with milk. Follow the steps written below:
- Step 1: Take turmeric powder (two teaspoons) and add them to a glass of warm milk.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture before going to sleep.
- Continue the procedure for a month and you can see positive results.
How Does This Work?
The turmeric clears the blockages in the airway and reduces congestion. Milk acts as a supplementary ingredient by providing protection covering for trachea. Turmeric has been known for its antibiotic properties and kills bacteria, virus, and other foreign bodies. The main medicinal component in turmeric is curcumin. A positive mind and regular practice are essential to get relief from the snoring problem.
Turmeric Is Not Good, If:
Although turmeric is a natural resource, some persons might experience nausea, diarrhea or dizziness.
- You have a gall bladder problem. The situation might turn worse if you have a bile duct obstruction or gallstones.
- You have a bleeding disorder. Turmeric might slow down the clotting of blood.
- If you are scheduled for surgery, avoid consumption of turmeric before two weeks.
- You are diabetic. The blood sugar level will be reduced.
- You are suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The symptoms are stomach upset and severe pain.
- You have a hormone-sensitive condition such as uterine cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine fibroids, and endometriosis. Turmeric acts similar to the estrogen hormone and makes conditions worse.
- You are planning a baby. Men should exercise precaution in consumption of turmeric as it reduces the level of testosterone and movement of sperms.
- You have iron deficiency. Turmeric restricts the absorption of iron in the diet.
For generations and generations, people have been using garlic for treating various ailments. Due to its rich medicinal values, garlic has gained a lot of popularity in the recent years. It has whole lot of natural flavonoids and exhibits antioxidant activities.
The production of mucus is reduced in the nasal passages. Garlic can give relief if your snoring is related to a blockage in sinuses. Besides being used in the treatment of snoring, it can cure flu and common cold too. To try a remedy using garlic, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: You can chew garlic cloves (two) raw.
- Step 2: Then drink a glass of water.
- Follow this remedy every day before going to sleep. Use garlic as a regular part of the diet and eat the food when hot.
How Does This Work?
Allicin is the medicinal, antibacterial component. The other beneficial ingredients of garlic are sulfur, selenium, Vitamin C and multiple enzymes. It clears the airway passages and destroys any bacteria lurking in the corners.
Garlic Is Not Good, If:
- You are allergic to garlic.
- You are pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding a baby, or suffering from other disorders such as diabetes, blood disease or stomach and bowel problems.
- In diabetes patients, garlic can lower the blood sugar levels. In case you are taking medications for herbal preparation or dietary supplements, and you have taken the mixture, call for medical care if experienced the following symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, swelling of the lips, mouth, face, and tongue.