There are some terms connected with our body ailments, which we do not like or probably, hate to face. Premature ejaculation is one of them. This ailment can be best defined as the uncontrolled ejaculation either shortly or before sexual penetration. This symptom occurs when there are less sexual stimuli and without the male’s wish.
This ailment can bring many negative feelings like anxiety and depression in both the partners. As a man, if you are facing the same issue, then fret not, as there are some helpful home remedies to stop premature ejaculation. Before we list them to you, let’s look at the causes and symptoms of this common sexual dysfunction.
Introduction: What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Note: The symptoms would have affected all men at least once in their lifetime.
According to survey reports, nearly 30% men suffer from premature ejaculation symptoms, which are seen in men who are on the thresholds of 40 and assumptions can lead to disturbed relationships and broken marriages.
There were even cases, where the problem underwent drastic negative changes mainly by assumptions, and the individuals committed suicide. However, proper counseling and some changes in diet and lifestyle can bring about a significant change in the symptoms. The individual has to be given confidence that they are not the only ones who are facing this problem. The first positive step any male can take is to speak with the life partner regarding the issue. Any negative updates with the partner, the relationship will go for a toss.
Any man would want to give all the world’s joy and pleasure to his mate and, men who ejaculate before their partners can suffer from guilt, depression, anxiety and anger. About two decades ago, only older men faced these symptoms, but in recent times, due to a fast-paced lifestyle, even young men have started to suffer from premature ejaculation symptoms.
What Should Be The Duration Of Ejaculation?
The name ‘ejaculation’ is coined to the situation when the male ejaculates in less than two minutes during sexual intercourse. There are two types of premature ejaculation:
- Primary Or Lifelong Ejaculation: This type is mostly connected to the teenager stage, and it will be hard to define the treatment. Usually, the causes are deeply psychological, such as completing the ejaculation fast to avoid being caught.
- Secondary Or Acquired Ejaculation: This happens in the later stages of life and the main causes triggering this ailment are mainly psychological factors such as relationship issues or stress. When it comes to physical causes, the ailments contributing to PE may be high blood pressure or diabetes.
Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
The real causes of this ailment have not been completely found out. However, the factors have been worked upon. Three decades ago, it was thought that the primary contributing factor was psychological factors, but now science has advanced for a perfect interplay between the mentioned factor and various biological factors.
1. Negative Feelings
The primary cause thought was an ‘unpleasant first sexual encounter.’ In this case, the negative feelings start to emerge during the foreplay. These symptoms take time to cure. The result – the male hurries to a climax, and after ejaculation, he experiences a feeling of guilt. This kind of ailment can also happen when you are having multiple sex partners or in a new relationship. However, as time passes, men learn how to modify their ejaculation.
2. Erectile Dysfunction
Kindly note, premature ejaculation might also be linked to erectile dysfunction, because the anxiety to maintain the performance may lead to outburst in a hurry. The other factors are doubts over sexual performance.
3. Hormonal Imbalance
The other factors that make a mark in the ailment are thyroid issues, imbalances of hormones, lack of some neurotransmitters (positive brain chemicals), etc. Well, you would have a brainwave regarding this ailment and the next reasons as you know will be mainly a damaged nervous system as well as withdrawal effects or side effects of medications.
Symptoms Of Premature Ejaculation
The main symptom is the duration of ejaculation (comes early), which can put both the partners in a topsy-turvy mood. The symptoms may not turn harmful. However, you can face turbulence in your personal life. Usually, the ailment will not harm the body, but you can face marital problems and the worse case – psychological and physical problems. Also, the partners may have to go for fertility treatment.
Any doctor will love to take a patient. However, he/she will ask you to undergo a complete physical examination. The doctor will also want to have a conversation with your life partner. As with all simple ailments, time may be required to get rid of this problem.
How To Stop Premature Ejaculation?
There is a famous proverb – “The feelings of sex are in the mind and not in the body”. Only when the mind and body are fit, you can lead a happy life. Listed below are some home remedies that will help you stop premature ejaculation. Apart from remedies, talk to your life partner for complete support and to overcome this issue soon.
Method 1: Home Remedies For Premature Ejaculation
This fruit can be called by many names, one as the Viagra of the food variety. The main advantage is it can relax the blood vessels, but without any side effects. To overcome the problem of premature ejaculation, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Cut watermelon into small pieces.
- Step 2: Sprinkle some powdered ginger and salt onto the pieces.
- Step 3: The mouth-watering dish is ready. Relish the recipe. You can also add this dish to any fruit salad.
How Does This Work?
The central component of making the change is the phytonutrient known as citrulline. This component can increase the libido of any individual.
11. Asparagus and Milk
Asparagus belongs to the group of family of lilies and highly valued for its medicinal properties. Similar to very few plants, almost all the body parts of asparagus have medicinal properties. The herb comes in purple, green and white colors. To stop premature ejaculation, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Take two tsp of Indian Asparagus (fine powder) and one cup of milk.
- Step 2: Boil the mixture on the stove. You can include a liquid such as, cow’s milk.
- Step 3: Cover the lid and let the mixture boil for 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Strain the mixture and drink three times a day.
How Does This Work?
The herb has been identified as a good source of vitamins, proteins, and essential minerals. It is rich in Vitamin A, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), Pantothenic acid (B5), niacin (B3), folate, B6, Vitamin C, E, and K. The minerals found in asparagus are phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, manganese. It has low calories and abundance of dietary fiber.
The amount of zinc present in the body is essential to produce testosterone. Vitamin A is needed for regulation of sex hormone, progesterone, and an additional benefit – promotes the production of testosterone.
Vitamin B3 enhances blood circulation in the body and reduces the cholesterol level. Vitamin C can increase the sperm count, improve blood flow and blood pressure in the penis. So, this herb can be preferred as one of the best herbal remedies for premature ejaculation.
It is well known that if the metabolism is perfect, then all the functions of the body are normally performed. The anti-inflammatory components are protodioscin, diosgenin, asparanin, sarsasapogenin, isorhamnetin. Some of the many flavonoids present in asparagus are isorhamnetin, kaempferol, and asparanin. To stay healthy, it is vital that your body absorbs every nutrient from the food you intake. The complex carbohydrate is not digested until it reaches the large intestine.
The health benefits of milk are well known. It nourishes the skin, boosts the immune system, and can ward off illnesses like dental decay, respiratory problems, osteoporosis, obesity and some kinds of cancer. Milk contains calcium, the main ingredient in the bones of the human body, and minerals such as riboflavin, zinc, protein, magnesium, selenium and carbohydrates. The lethal combination of ashwagandha and milk make up one of the best types of premature ejaculation treatments.
Milk & Asparagus Is Not Good, If:
- You have a low metabolism. The carbohydrate, raffinose has to be digested by fermentation. During the process, bloating can happen, and gastric problems may occur.
- You are pregnant. It can alter the balance of hormones used for birth control.
- You are allergic to leeks, onions and other members of the lily family.
- You are allergic to milk. The condition is called as lactose intolerance. You can suffer from diarrhea, stomach pain, and indigestion.
10. Saffron, Almonds, Ginger, and Cardamom
Saffron is an aphrodisiac and hence, can be used for premature ejaculation. To try a remedy using this wonderful herb, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Soak ten almonds overnight in water.
- Step 2: On the next day, peel off the skin, and blend the almonds in a blender with 1 cup of hot cow’s milk
- Step 3: Add a little saffron, ginger, and cardamom to it. Drink this every morning.
How Does This Work?
Saffron has many carotenoids in the form of lycopene, α-carotenes, ß-carotenes, and zeaxanthin. These substances act as antioxidants, which can assist in preventing the human body from ailments like infections, cancers, and immune modulators.
To treat premature ejaculation, your body requires some essential minerals like zinc, phosphorus, manganese, iron, selenium, which are all present in saffron. Potassium is the important component of body and cell fluids. It regulates blood pressure and heart rate. Iron is required for promoting red blood cells and many body enzymes.
To have a happy sex life, your body needs to have normal blood pressure and to sustain this; you need to avoid consuming excess sodium. Since almonds are naturally low in sodium, trying this remedy is a huge plus. Almonds have chemicals such as L-carnitine, riboflavin, and phenylalanine, which can improve memory and neurological function.
Almonds are rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, and E. The trace minerals in almonds are manganese, copper, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium. The dietary fiber present in almonds assists in digestion and release of energy.
The main anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds in ginger are curcumin, salicylate, caffeic acid, capsaicin, beta-carotene, and gingerols. The minerals that can prevent premature ejaculation are zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and iron.
Cardamom contains valuable sources of minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Potassium is needed for controlling heart rate, blood pressure, and copper in the promotion of red blood cells. The minerals such as iron, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, etc. are also present in cardamom.
This Remedy Is Not Good, If:
- You want to lose weight. Excess intake of almonds will make you gain few pounds. You may also suffer from constipation and bloat.
- You are pregnant. Large amounts of saffron will lead to a miscarriage because of contraction of the uterus. You are taking medication for bipolar disorder. You can face changes in moods. You can face side effects if you are allergic to Lolium, Olea (olive) and Salsola plant species. Refrain from taking saffron or seek the advice of a doctor if you have low blood pressure.
- You have a problem with gallstones. Seek the advice of a doctor before or after surgery. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding a baby, have a heart problem or a patient with diabetes, blood thinning, refrain from taking ginger.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. Have cardamom only in minute doses.
Cinnamon is prepared from the bark of its tree. This bark is commonly used for common cold, gastric problems, diarrhea and gastrointestinal upset (GI). In fact, cinnamon oil is widely used in gargles, lotions, soaps, toothpaste, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products. However, very few know that this bark can stimulate appetite, cure menstrual cramps, help premature ejaculation, and heal infections caused by parasitic worms and bacteria. To stop premature ejaculation with the help of cinnamon here is what you need to do:
- Step 1: Take two tablespoons of organic cinnamon powder and five tablespoons of water.
- Step 2: Mix both of them together and consume the mixture twice a day after food.
How Does This Work?
The medicinal properties of cinnamon are from three components (cinnamyl acetate, cinnamyl alcohol, and cinnamaldehyde) and other volatile substances. Its anti-inflammatory properties are responsible for low levels of arachidonic acid (from cell membranes).
The volatile oils found in this bark can reduce flatulence. It increases blood flow, and thus, the metabolism gets a boost stimulating appetite. The astringent properties are linked to medicinal components known as tannins, which also prevents diarrhea. This remedy works better if you are having the problem of premature ejaculation due to simple digestive problems.
Cinnamon Is Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. Medical research is yet to work to the fullest extent in this regard.
- You are diabetic. You can suffer from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). So kindly monitor your blood sugar levels carefully. Antidiabetic drugs also stand a chance of interaction with cinnamon bark.
- You are about to undergo surgery or have already undergone one recently. The blood sugar levels might be affected. Kindly refrain from taking cinnamon two weeks before or after surgery.
8. Seeds Of Green Onions
The seeds of this ‘bulb’ have been used to reduce the symptoms of premature ejaculation. The advantage of this vegetable is that it can be grown in all climates. This green onion can best called as the premature stage in the life-cycle of an onion. Hence, it has the perfect aphrodisiac qualities to overcome the problem of premature ejaculation. Here is what you need to do:
- Step 1: Clean the external leaf tops, and take off the green parts, which have begun to decay.
- Step 2: The outer surface has to be peeled off, and you get the fresh, crisp onion.
- Step 3: You can either cut them into pieces to be used in recipes or used as dishes.
- Step 1: Crush the seeds and take five teaspoons of water.
- Step 2: Let the powder soak in water for three hours.
- Step 3: Before having food, take the mixture to prevent premature ejaculation.
How Does This Work?
Similar to the normal onion, green onion seeds also provide multiple health benefits. Quercetin is an antioxidant, which possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. The chromium mineral present in green onions helps the body to store nutrients, manage glucose and metabolic processes.
The vitamin C in them helps the body fight against eye diseases and reduce wrinkles of the skin. The other vital minerals in them include potassium, copper, manganese, and fiber. Potassium helps in regulation of heart while Vitamin C enhances the number of sperms, maintains blood pressure, and circulates blood for a healthy sexual intercourse. Thus, provides relief from ejaculation problems.
The component Quercetin is a flavonoid, which can counter the effect of free radicals and cancer cells that can cause damage to DNA. The sulfur molecule in them plays a major role in strengthening the activities of the defense system. The phytochemicals in green onion are cepaene, vinyl dithiins, disulfides, and trisulfides, which exhibit antimicrobial and anticancer properties.
Green Onions Are Not Good, If:
- You experience heartburn. It could lead to worse situations.
- You have gastric reflux disease. They will have irregular moods and usually assume negative thoughts and feelings.
This herb has been rated as one of the best home remedies for premature ejaculation. Typically, herbs always enhance the strength of the organs and improve the body’s stamina. Usually, this herb is used for curing male infertility, impotence, and problems in male libidos in the name of new medicine. It also reduces the negative feelings like stress, anxiety, insomnia, and slow tumor growth.
- Step 1: Buy Ashwagandha root from any herbal store.
- Step 2: Mix one teaspoon of Ashwagandha root with one glass of milk and one teaspoon of honey.
- Step 3: Consume on a regular basis.
You can also mix ashwagandha powder with ghee to gain stamina and improve sperm count.
How Does This Work?
This particular herb triggers the formation of dehydroepiandrosterone or DHEA, the hormone which is converted into estrogen and testosterone in the body. The two compounds which account for beneficial effects of this herb are withanolides. The two important withanolides are withaferin A and withanolide D.11.
The herb has antimicrobial properties and has demonstrated against Salmonella. This herb is good for the nervous system and can improve blood circulation in the entire body even including the genital organs. This aspect helps the males to achieve longer duration during sexual intercourse and tells you the best way to get relief from premature ejaculation.
Ashwagandha Is Not Good, If:
- You are pregnant. You could suffer from a miscarriage.
- You have a medical history linked to depression, anxiety, insomnia, hypertension and diabetes. Diabetics have to monitor their blood sugar levels. If you have low blood pressure, this herb can make it go even lower.
- You should have the proper dosage prescribed. Large amounts can result in nausea, upset stomach, and diarrhea.
- You are taking medications for stomach ulcer or gastrointestinal tract problems. The condition can turn to worse.
- You are scheduled for surgery. Stop taking ashwagandha two weeks before surgery.
- You have a thyroid problem. The hormone levels might fluctuate.
6. Ginger And Honey
Our ancestors always stressed on the consumption of fruits and vegetables. Though science was not advanced in the 20th century, they knew that having natural food boosted the immunity power of the body and prevented simple ailments.
Ginger is one of the favorite spices and herbs in many recipes. It has been used to cure simple ailments such as diarrhea, colic, and arthritis. Ginger is also known as an aphrodisiac for its ability to cure sexual problems such as premature ejaculation. The combination of ginger and honey has been proved to increase libido, performance, and lustful feelings.
- Step 1: Grate a tablespoon of ginger and mix with honey.
- Step 2: Consume the mixture for a month every day (the same amount) and you can feel the difference.
How Does This Work?
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of ginger are due to the presence of components such as caffeic acid, salicylate, curcumin, capsaicin, beta-carotene, gingerol, and shogaol. The medicinal properties can help reduce the gastrointestinal irritation, trigger saliva, and bile production when needed.
Drinking ginger tea can make the body change its body reactions. In fact, heart rate gets faster. Also, it helps in proper circulation of blood, detoxification, and cleansing. Increased blood flow results in solving erectile dysfunction problems. Honey, in different areas, can have various tastes and medicinal properties.
Honey is the best source of energy. The carbohydrates in honey can be easily broken down during digestion. The best mineral content in honey is iron, calcium, and Vitamin C.
Ginger & Honey Are Not Good, If:
- You have a history of kidney stones. Over consumption might result in the formation of kidney stones.
- You should not take honey if you are allergic to pollen, celery, and other bee-related allergies. Also, use only organic honey for medicinal purposes.
- You are diabetic. The blood sugar levels have to be monitored by a physician.