No one loves to visit a doctor but no matter how fit and healthy a person is, he or she is bound to experience any of these most common diseases. In a world where health problems are growing day after day, this list of common microbial ailments and viral infections has been reported to remain consistent in the past few decades. The rates at which they affect the global population today is already high but it is anticipated to increase even more in the upcoming years. Shockingly, some of these health conditions are so common that about 83% of the hospitals in the world make a huge income from their affected patients. It is worth noting these 100 common diseases and the way they can be prevented as well as treated with effective home remedies.
100 Home Remedies for Most Common Diseases &Their Treatments
The diseases given below are very common, but if left untreated, they can have severe implications. So, it is vital to treat them naturally and as early as possible. The list is arranged in the reverse chronological order with the most common diseases in the first few pages followed by the fatal (yet common) ones in the last.
Fact: On an average, an adult experience 2 – 3 episodes of cold per year whereas a child may have 6 – 10. Cold is one of the leading causes for the most number of doctor visits. Survey reports claim that cold is so common worldwide that every year it causes an estimated 123+ million lost days from school and 116+ million lost days from work. Overall, there is a $92+ billion productivity loss and the discomfort it causes can make a person miserable. So, there are valid reasons why treating common cold
- Step 1: Grind ½ teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon of dried ginger, and fresh neem leaves (select tender ones) in a mixer-blender.
- Step 2: Dry the ground mixture in the shade. Once dry, consume them two times a day to get rid of common cold.
- Step 1: Boil 6 – 7 tablespoons of ginger (freshly grated) in 3 cups of water for 10 – 15 minutes. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder if you want.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and allow it to cool down a bit. Before drinking, add a few drops of honey and lemon juice for flavor. Drink twice a day to get rid of cold.
99. Home Remedies for Cough
Fact: If a cough seems simple to you, then think again because according to World Health Organization, whooping cough causes an estimated 2 – 3 million deaths every year. After the incubation phase of 5 – 20 days, the cough infection turns very contagious. It spreads via bacteria-infected saliva droplets. So, each time the patient sneezes or coughs, others around him or her inhale and can get infected. Prolonged bouts of coughing in babies can be deadly — if it exceeds the 3-week duration, it can cause breathing problems, pneumonia, brain damage, seizures, and even death.
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh basil leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Wait until the quantity boils down to 1 cup.
- Step 2: Filter the mixture and add a few drops of honey. Drink it warm.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh fenugreek leaves with 6 – 8 raisins and ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity boils down to one cup. Strain and drink when it is warm.
98. Home Remedies for Fever
Fact: Fever is not a disease. It is the natural way for the body to protect against infections. Fever is not dangerous, but if left untreated, it can lead to something severe. It is often mistaken and associated with hyperthermia (an illness where the body temperatures rise seriously high). But fever is a completely different condition. However, if the person suffers from a fever of 104°F for 3 days or it doesn’t subside after trying home remedies, consult a doctor immediately.
- Step 1: Chop 1 – 2 garlic clove and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture and sip when it is warm.
- Step 3: Drink the mixture two times a day and you’ll feel better.
- Step 1: Crush a few peppermint leaves and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and a pinch of black pepper powder. Drink the mixture when it is warm. Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for relief from fever.
97. Home Remedies for Headache
Fact: Headaches are one of the most common diseases of the nervous system. At some point or the other, we all suffer from a headache. Though headaches are classified into many types, the most common headache people tend to suffer is associated with stress.
Globally, about 5% of 7-year-old kids and 75% of 15-year-old teens suffer from frequent headaches. If adults are included, the percentage is higher. A headache that occasionally occurs due to stress is not dangerous but if it is recurring, it could be a sign of a migraine.
- Step 1: Take fresh betel leaves and grind them with a few drops of water to make a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply the betel leaves the paste on your forehead and temples to relieve a headache.
- Step 1: Crush some dry cloves and tie them in a handkerchief.
- Step 2: Whenever you have a headache, smell the aroma of the crushed cloves to feel better instantly.
96. Home Remedies for Stomach Pain
Fact: Stomachache or stomach pain is yet another common health problem that one experiences at least once or multiple times in a year. It prevents the person from enjoying a good meal and the pain can be unbearable at times.
Pain in the stomach is always an indication of an underlying problem like indigestion, food poisoning, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), food allergies, stomach flu, injuries, etc. However, the most common reason is due to either indigestion or food poisoning. Recurring Stomachaches need to be checked by a doctor.
- Step 1: Squeeze 2 lemons to extract the juice. Mix it with a glass of water.
- Step 2: Crush a piece of ginger and add it to the water. Add a pinch of black salt.
- Step 3: Stir the mixture well and drink to overcome the stomach pain (it works if it is due to indigestion).
- Step 1: Take a few tender or newly growing mango leaves. Wash them properly and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind the leaves into powder form. Consume 1 teaspoon of this powder with honey.
95. Home Remedies for Acidity or GERD
Fact: Reports and statistics from Healthline estimate that acidity, scientifically known as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), is a problem that about 60% of the global adult population experiences at least once in a year whereas the remaining 40% suffers from it weekly. It is also shocking to know that besides adults, even children experience it. Occasional acidity is not a serious concern but frequent GERD surely is.
- Step 1: Chop a few pieces of ginger and boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, filter it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of chamomile petals (dried) with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to it. Drink when it is warm.
94. Natural Remedies for Obesity or Overweight
Fact: One of the most common health issues the whole world suffers is obesity or overweight. According to EASO (European Association for the Study of Obesity), the problem of obesity has doubled since the 1980s. It is the cause of most major problems like cholesterol, heart attacks, and strokes.
More than 1.5 billion adult populations in the world are obese and the numbers are increasing every minute. Obesity is the world’s fifth leading cause of death and an estimated 2.8+ million adults die every year. Being overweight is no fun. It is a serious problem, which requires serious attention and quick remedy.
- Step 1: Boil some green tea leaves in water or get a green tea bag and dip it in hot water.
- Step 2: Drink a cup of green tea every day to lose weight. A study done at Penn State University claimed that a compound named epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in natural green tea limits the absorption of fat and speeds the body’s capability to utilize fat.
- Step 1: Eating 5 to 7 curry leaves (fresh) every morning is a well-known Ayurvedic remedy to overcome obesity.
- Step 2: Repeat the remedy for a month or two, at least on alternate days for best results. Curry leaves have a natural alkaloid named mahanimbine, which exhibits lipid-lowering and anti-obesity properties; thus, helping the body lose weight and reducing the overall triglycerides as well as cholesterol levels.
93. Home Remedies for Back Pain
Fact: Back pain or Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common health conditions that affects an individual multiple times in his or her lifetime. As a person ages, it becomes recurrent. According to medlineplus, out of 10, an estimated 8 individuals suffer from back pain. The global cost linked with back pain treatment exceeds $25 billion every year. Back pain should never be taken lightly. Most back pains fade away within a month but if it lasts for three months or more, it is chronic and requires proper medical care.
- Step 1: Boil 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once it boils down to half the quantity, allow the mixture to warm.
- Step 3: Strain and add a pinch of salt. Drink twice a day if you have mild back pain.
- Step 1: A simple exercise like walking can help reduce back pain.
- Step 2: Walk for 30 minutes daily in the mornings, but do it in moderation. If the pain is severe, discuss with a doctor.
92. Home Remedies for Neck Pain
Fact: Like Lower Back Pain, even neck pain is one of the common health conditions an individual suffers in his or her lifetime. On a global scale, out of 10, an estimated 5 people experience neck pain, whose symptoms can range from mild to severe. According to reports, women between the ages 18 and 64 get frequent neck pains when compared to men. It occurs due to poor posture, stress and sitting for long hours. About 85% of the pain emerges from the joints, ligaments, and muscles.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh vitex negundo leaves. Add a few drops of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Once slightly warm, take a clean cloth, dip it in the mixture, and apply to the neck pain.
- Step 3: Repeating the remedy three times a week will help gain relief from the pain faster.
- Step 1: Do a slow-motion neck exercise – side to side, ear to ear, and up & down. This will help stretch and free the neck muscles.
- Step 2: Alternatively, massaging the neck will also do the trick.
91. Home Remedies for Dandruff
Fact: Dandruff is one of the most common health conditions. It affects 50% of the global population. It is not a serious disease. It is more a skin condition than a disease, where the skin cells flake and let new ones form in their place. These dead cells are so minute that it is hard for a person to notice through the naked eye. They shed at the surface when new skin cells begin to appear. This is a continuous process, which usually goes unnoticed.
- Step 1: Mix white pepper powder, sweet flag root powder, and lippia leaves powder in a small bowl. Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of this mixed powder and add adequate amounts of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Apply this on your scalp and massage. Leave for an hour and wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Step 1: Take some fresh Cynodon grass and extract its juice.
- Step 2: Mix some drops of pure coconut oil to it and warm slightly.
- Step 3: Use it before bedtime on alternate days to reduce dandruff.
90. Home Remedies for Asthma
Fact: Asthma is one of the chronic and most common diseases that occurs in the lung airways. It causes wheezing, tightness in the chest, and coughing. Aaaai.org reports that about 300 million individuals around the globe have asthma and this count is predicted to increase by a 100 million more in the year 2025. An estimated 250,000 asthma deaths occur every year. Fortunately, the condition is avoidable if the correct remedies are applied.
- Step 1: Take some fresh betel leaves and extract its juice. Soak a few pieces of black pepper into the prepared betel leaves juice for two days.
- Step 2: Dry the mixture and powder it. Tale ½ teaspoon of it and mix it with a few drops of honey. Eat this two times a day (morning and night) after meals.
- Step 1: Boil 4 – 5 dry cloves in a cup of water. Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey for flavor.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture twice a week for a month for best results.
89. Home Remedies for Pimples
Fact: Pimples or acne is yet another most common skin condition that affects more than 65% of the global population. It is more commonly seen in teenagers than adults. Pimple breakouts in the early stage require treatment. If left untreated, they can turn to a chronic skin problem called acne, which are often characterized by deeper, painful lumps, scars, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. Shockingly, the embarrassment leads to anxiety and depression. According to American Academy of Dermatology, an estimated 85% people between the age groups 12 & 24 experience minor acne at least once. The global cost linked with pimple or acne treatment exceeds $3 billion.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of green gram powder with lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh basil leaves and grind them with a little water to form a paste.
- Step 2: Apply the paste directly on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Then, wash off.
88. Natural remedies for Freckles
Fact: Freckles are often mistaken for moles and pimples; however, they are different. Freckles are clusters of melanized cells that are easily visible on individuals with a very fair complexion. They are most commonly seen on the face, arms, and shoulders. Freckles turn darker during summer times and fade away in the winter. Freckles are not a serious concern, but fair-skinned people are likely to have skin cancer. So, it is vital to watch out for too many color-changing, larger freckles, as they can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Grind some fresh touch-me-not plant leaves with a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Step 2: Apply this on your freckles regularly to get rid of them.
- Step 1: Grind 3 – 4 betel leaves with 2 – 3 garlic cloves in a mixer-grinder.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the freckles regularly to get rid of them.
87. Home Remedies for Toothache
Fact: Toothaches are one of the most common dental problems people around the world experience. Though there are various causes of tooth pain, the common reasons include dental trauma, tooth decay, dental abscess, and extraction. Also, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and drinking are the major causes for the most oral problems.
- Step 1: Take some fresh peppermint leaves. Wash and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind them to powder form. Mix it with a little salt. Brush with it when you have pain.
- Step 1: Grind sugar and black pepper in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the tooth pain for relief.
86. Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Fact: Diarrhea kills more than 2150 children in the world every day, which is more than malaria, measles, and AIDS combined. It is the second leading cause of global deaths of kids below the age 5. Diarrhea in children who already have HIV is deadlier. The death rate of such kids is eleven times higher. The main cause of diarrhea is contaminated water and food. It can be life-threatening if not treated on time.
- Step 1: Eat a cup of homemade, unsweetened plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Natural probiotics like yogurt helps in reducing diarrheal symptoms.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh chamomile flowers with 1 teaspoon of chopped peppermint leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, strain the liquid and drink 2 – 3 times a day for relief.
85. Natural Remedies for Ear Infection
Fact: Scientifically known as Otitis media, an infection is the common cause of most earaches. Globally, 80% of kids are treated for at least one infection in the middle ear. In the United States, ear infections are one of the most common reasons for maximum pediatrician visits, accounting about 30 million trips to the hospital every year. Earaches can be very distressing and painful. They are often accompanied by fever and cold. They require immediate medical attention.
- Step 1: Take 1 tablespoon of pure sesame oil.
- Step 2: Slightly heat the oil with 1 garlic clove (peeled) with a few cumin seeds.
- Step 3: Filter the oil and allow it to cool down a bit. Use a dropper and pour a few drops into the ear.
- Step 1: Slightly heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a few fresh basil leaves (pinched).
- Step 2: Filter the oil and use a dropper to pour a few drops of it into the aching ear.
84. Home Remedies for Eye Pain, Irritation, and Infection
Fact: Though there are many kinds of problems associated with eyes, the most common eye disease is pink eye or conjunctivitis. An estimated 27 million of the global population suffers from pink eye every year and happily, it is treatable. However, fungal eye problems can be serious but are very rare. The most frequent way for an individual to grow a fungal eye infection is an eye injury, which is often via a toxic plant thorn or a stick.
- Step 1: For eye pain, take some saffron strands and mix it with a few drops of milk.
- Step 2: Close your eyes and apply the mixture externally on the painful eye for relief.
- Step 1: For eye irritation and itching, mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Clean the eyes using this water.
83. Home Remedies for Nosebleed
Fact: The most common misconception about nosebleeds is that only kids are vulnerable to it. However, research has revealed that nosebleeds are prevalent in senior citizens as well, which are usually a sign of an underlying health condition. But this doesn’t mean kids experience them less. About 30% of the global children of the age 5 and below have had at least 2 – 3 episodes of spontaneous nosebleeds in a year. Recurring nosebleeds can be a serious issue; hence, they shouldn’t be left untreated.
- Step 1: Peel an onion and slice them into thick, big spheres.
- Step 2: Hold an onion slice under the nose instantly. Wait for 5 minutes. The bleeding will stop.
- Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of pure cayenne pepper powder with 1 cup of warm water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture to stop the bleeding nose instantly.
82. Natural Remedies for Pneumonia
Fact: Pneumonia is a severe respiratory infection, which affects the lungs and is characterized by painful breathing. It kills more than 1.8 million people every year, which outnumbers the deaths caused by malaria and AIDS combined.
- Step 1: Take ½ a liter of water and add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to it. Boil it for a while.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Drink 4 cups of this in a day.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of organic sesame seeds in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the seeds are soft, add 1 tablespoon of organic flax seeds and boil again.
- Step 3: Strain it. Add a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink every morning on an empty stomach.
81. Home Remedies for Heat Stroke
Fact: Heat stroke is scientifically known as hyperthermia, a serious condition where the body temperature gets extremely high (above 104 degrees). It is life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. If left untreated, it turns malignant. In such cases, a hyperthermia patient will experience a sudden increase in heart rates, muscle breakdown, bodily changes, excess bleeding, and failure of various organs.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of the plant Portulaca oleracea and grind them with water.
- Step 2: Filter the juice and take 1 teaspoon of it every morning to overcome hyperthermia.
- Step 1: Wash some fresh Centella asiatica leaves.
- Step 2: Chew the raw leaves every morning on an empty stomach for a few days.
80. Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Fact: World Health Organization reports that an estimated 7.7 million people die every year due to raised blood pressure. Hypertension or high blood pressure has been directly linked with fatal diseases like diabetes, kidney disorders and heart attacks.
- Step 1: Take some fresh moringa (drumstick) leaves and extract its juice. Dry and then powder it. Alternatively, you can buy moringa powder.
- Step 2: Take two grams of moringa powder and mix it with a few drops of honey. Consume this twice a day to keep the blood pressure under control.
- Step 1: Take a cup of homemade, fresh, plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in it. Leave it overnight.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture on your head the next day. Leave for 30 minutes and shampoo.
79. Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
Fact: Blood pressure does not stay constant all the time. It changes. It lowers when you are asleep and increases when you get up. It also rises when you are nervous, active, or excited. But your body corrects itself to ensure that there is enough oxygen and blood flow to the kidneys, brain, and other important organs. Though hypotension is classified into different types, the majority of them happen when the body fails to bring back the blood pressure to normal. Perhaps, it is not rapid enough to perform this function.
- Step 1: Whenever you experience a low blood pressure, grind 2 pieces of garlic with a glass of milk.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture to bring the blood pressure to normal.
- Step 1: Add Sesbania grandiflora leaves in your daily diet.
- Step 2: These herbal leaves are known to help overcome hypotension.
78. Home Remedies for Type I Diabetes
Fact: According to IDF (International Diabetes Federation), 415 million people suffer from type I diabetes every year. Among them, 542,000 are kids. What’s more shocking is that, in every 6 seconds, one person in the world with diabetes dies, accounting it to 5 million deaths every single year.
Researchers have estimated that by 2040, the graph will increase to 642 million. Type 1 Diabetes is a serious autoimmune disorder where an individual’s pancreas stops generating insulin. Its onset is never related to lifestyle or diet. Sadly, nothing can be done to prevent type 1 diabetes at present.
- Step 1: Take 5 grams of organic sesame seeds. Soak them in 1 cup of water for at least 3 hours. Once the color of the seeds changes to white, grind them and mix it with a glass of buttermilk.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture every day to increase the insulin levels in the blood.
- Step 1: Take 1 – 2 fresh bitter gourds and eliminate the seeds. Prepare a glass of fresh bitter gourd juice.
- Step 2: Drink every morning for at least 2 months for best results.
77. Home remedies for Type II Diabetes
Fact: Type II Diabetes is one of the most common diseases the universe suffers from. Globally, more than 3.5 million deaths occur due to type 2 diabetes every year. Out of 10, about 8 deaths happen in middle and low income countries. Sadly, 50% of the diabetes cases go undiagnosed in developing nations. WHO has anticipated that the overall deaths attributed to diabetes will increase drastically by the year 2030. However, type 2 diabetes can be prevented.
- Step 1: Include natural foods like fenugreek, okra, peas, sage, and broccoli in your diet.
- Step 2: The nutrients in these foods have been reported to fix type 2 diabetes.
- Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of bay leaves (finely ground), 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel together.
- Step 2: Add a little water and stir well. Drink the mixture two times a day before lunch & dinner.
76. Home Remedies for Raised Cholesterol
Fact: Increased cholesterol is a deadly yet one of the most common diseases. It is directly associated with heart attacks. Globally, 1/3rd of the ischaemic heart diseases are attributed to increased cholesterol levels. Every year, an estimated 2.6 million people die due to cholesterol. The percentage is anticipated to increase more in the upcoming years. Abnormal cholesterol levels are primarily due to unhealthy eating patterns.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of freshly made orange juice every day.
- Step 2: The natural fiber and vitamin C in oranges help clear the blocked blood vessels. It increases the good cholesterol while decreasing the bad.
- Step 1: Boil 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds’ powder in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Once the quantity evaporates into 1 cup, filter it, and drink when it is warm.
75. Home Remedies for Hyperthyroidism (Over Activity of Thyroid)
Fact: An estimated 200 million people in the world suffer some thyroid problem and is more common in women than men. Though it wasn’t that common in the earlier days, now it certainly is. Thyroid gland weighs only 20 grams but the hormones it produces are significant for regulating the entire body functions.
- Step 1: Boil ½ a teaspoon of the herb called mother-wort in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Filter it and drink when it is warm. Drink 2 times a day. But if you are already on medications, consult your doctor because the compounds might interact.
- Step 1: Add fresh broccoli (uncooked) in your diet.
- Step 2: Broccoli has compounds like goitrogens and isothiocyanates that restrains the thyroid from generating excess hormone.
74. Natural Remedies for Hypothyroidism (Under Activity Of Thyroid)
Fact: Hypothyroidism occurs when an individual’s thyroid gland does not produce adequate proportions of two important hormones namely – T4 & T3. Hypothyroidism affects about two persons in 100 and its prevalence increases with age.
- Step 1: Add freshly grated ginger to dishes and soups.
- Step 2: Alternatively, a cup of ginger tea can greatly help. To make ginger tea, slice a few pieces of ginger and add it to a cup of boiling water. Strain it, add a few drops of honey and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Add a few drops of honey and drink the solution regularly.
73. Natural Remedies for Insect Bites
Fact: Insect bites and stings aren’t dangerous. They are treatable at home. Warm weather conditions make a person spend time outdoors; however, it also the time when small insects and bugs are out of their homes. Bites are 70% harmless, but poisonous ones can be dangerous. Wear proper clothing and use insect repellents to protect yourself.
- Step 1: An ice pack works the best for any insect bite. Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- Step 2: Apply on the bitten part. Cold compress numbs it and lessens the inflammation.
- Step 1: Slice a piece of fresh papaya and apply on the swollen part.
- Step 2: The enzymes in papaya will neutralize the venom and soothe the itching.
Note: For poisonous bites, meet a doctor immediately. Do not delay.
72. Home Remedies for Allergies
Fact: Allergies can be classified into many types such as food allergies, drug allergies, insect allergies, and skin allergies. An allergy occurs when an individual’s immune system responds to a foreign matter, known as an allergen, which can be something that you eat, inject, touch, or inhale. This reaction may cause sneezing, coughing, cold, scratchy throat, skin irritation, or itchy eyes. If the case is severe, it might cause hives, rashes, hypotension, breathing problems, asthma, and sometimes death. Every year, more than 11 million people are diagnosed with some allergy.
- Step 1: If it is a food allergy, eat a teaspoon of raw, unprocessed honey.
- Step 2: Repeat this multiple times a day to get rid of the allergy soon.
- Step 1: If it is skin allergy, apply coconut oil or olive oil.
- Step 2: Both these essential oils help in healing the rashes naturally.
71. Home Remedies for Sinus
Fact: On a global scale, sinus affects an estimated 37 million population every year. Sinus is an allergy or cold that doesn’t go away. It can be life-threatening if it turns chronic. So, don’t take your cold lightly. If it lasts for weeks, chances are that you have a sinus infection.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey (slightly warmed) with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture for a few days.
- Step 1: Fry three teaspoons of cumin seeds. Grind them to get the powdered form.
- Step 2: Mix the powdered cumin with a teaspoon of sugar or even less. Eat twice a day.
70. Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Fact: Psoriasis is an acute skin condition, which requires proper clinical treatment. It can affect any gender of any age group. However, it is more common in the 20s and 50s. According to IFPA (International Federation of Psoriasis Associations), an estimated 3% of the global population has some psoriasis.
- Step 1: Take some fresh flowers of the plant Tanners cassia.
- Step 2: Grind the petals with green gram powder. Add enough water to make it to a smooth paste. Apply on the itchy region and have a bath after 20 minutes with warm water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of Quassia Indica plant and extract its juice.
- Step 2: Apply it on the itchy part and wash off.
69. Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones
Fact: According to NCBI government reports, the incidence and prevalence of kidney stones are increasing drastically in the world. Kidney stones are extremely paining and debilitating. Recurrent formation of stones in the kidneys might even lead to reduced quality of life. The overall lifetime occurrence of kidney stones is about 13% in men whereas 7% in women.
- Step 1: Take a few fresh leaves of devil’s thorn and spinach. Grind them together and extract the juice.
- Step 2: Boil the extracted juice of both the leaves in a glass of milk. Filter and drink for 20 days for best results.
- Step 1: Take the leaves of these plants: Aerva lanata & Cissus quadrangularis. Fry them slightly.
- Step 2: Then, add a glass of water and boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 3: Filter the liquid and drink when it is warm.
68. Home Remedies for Dengue Fever
Fact: Dengue affects 80 – 100 million every year. The disease is more common in tropical & sub-tropical climates. They are transmitted via mosquitoes of the genus Aedes and can turn deadly. In the initial stages, dengue fever is not dangerous, but if left untreated, it turns fatal. The final stage is death.
- Step 1: Boil immature or growing neem leaves in a cup of water.
- Step 2: Strain it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Take some fresh papaya leaves, Clean them and discard the veins.
- Step 2: Grind the leaves in a mixer with a glass of water.
- Step 3: Strain it and drink 3 – 4 times a day to overcome dengue.
67. Home Remedies for Typhoid
Fact: Typhoid is an infection caused by a bacterium called Salmonella Typhi, which usually occurs through contaminated food or water. An estimated 21 million typhoid cases are treated every year and out of which 222,000 people die. About 67% of the typhoid cases around the globe are from Southeast Asia.
- Step 1: Get some fresh guava flowers and grind them nicely.
- Step 2: Add a cup of goat’s milk (not boiled) to the ground mixture.
- Step 3: Drink the mixture on an empty stomach thrice a day.
- Step 1: Take 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and add ½ a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Step 2: Add ½ cup of warm water to the mixture and drink it. This will boost the immune system and help fight the typhoid infection.
66. Natural Remedies for Malaria
Fact: An estimated 3.2 billion people (50% of the world population) are at a risk of malaria. There occur about 438,000 deaths due to malaria every year and an estimated 214 million cases of malaria arrive at the hospitals. The Sub-Saharan African regions contribute the highest number of malaria cases.
- Step 1: Take 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, and 15 grams of Swertia Chirata herbal powder.
- Step 2: Boil them in 2 cups of water. Store it and have 1- 2 teaspoons of it two times a day.
- Step 1: Grind 10 – 12 fresh basil leaves with 2 to 4 black peppers.
- Step 2: Eat this one time a day to bring the malaria fever down.
65. Home Remedies for Jaundice (Yellow Fever)
Fact: Jaundice or yellow fever is one of the most common liver diseases. Around 60% of all the healthy newborns will have jaundice in the early days of life. However, it will go away within 7 – 10 days. In adults, jaundice can be severe if left untreated.
- Step 1: Take some fresh papaya leaves and discard the veins. Make a paste of it.
- Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of honey to this paste and eat for 1 – 2 weeks to treat jaundice.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of Aegle marmelos plant (bael). Extract the juice.
- Step 2: Mix 1 teaspoon of pepper powder to it and drink. Along with this, ensure to drink a glass of sugarcane juice two times a day.
64. Home Remedies for Joint Pain
Fact: According to arthritis.org, 1 out of 5 individuals above the age 18 suffer from arthritis every year (about 50+ million adults). Shockingly, adults aren’t the only ones to have this problem but even kids too. An estimated 300,000 kids suffer from arthritis.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of the Indigofera tinctoria plant.
- Step 2: Sauté these leaves in 4 – 5 tablespoons of castor oil. Filter and massage this warm oil on aching part.
- Step 1: Boil ½ teaspoon of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of ginger (freshly grated) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Strain and a little honey. Drink two times a day.
63. Natural Remedies for Sunburn
Fact: According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control), 50% of the global population have sunburns. It is a condition where the skin becomes red, and there is a constant burning sensation. It occurs due to overexposure to UV rays. It is treatable, but once it turns fatal, it is a sign of serious skin cancer.
- Step 1: Slit open a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, take out the gel and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Apply the chilled gel on the affected skin part and leave for 30 minutes. Wash with cold water. Repeat the remedy 4 to 5 times a day for faster relief from sunburns.
- Step 1: Wrap some ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- Step 2: Hold on the affected skin region for a minute or two. Repeat this for a few times.
62. Home Remedies for Dark Circles
Fact: Dark circles or eye circles is not a disease but a common skin condition. In fact, 9 in 10 people will have dark circles. They are not life-threatening. Dark circles are an outcome of excess exposure to UV rays, unhealthy eating patterns, and stress. They will only make a person feel embarrassed. However, with effective remedies, they can be made lighter.
- Step 1: Mix equal proportions of peppermint juice, rose water, and basil leaves juice in a bowl.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of fuller’s earth with sufficient amount of pineapple juice.
- Step 2: Apply the paste to the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
61. Home Remedies for Stress
Fact: Stress is not a disease but of course, the primary cause of most health problems today. It is a serious health concern, which shouldn’t be overlooked. An estimated 75% of the global population goes through stress every 2 weeks. Eventually, prolonged stress leads to sleepless nights, anxiety, stomach problems, depression, headaches, fatigue, lack of interest, etc.
- Step 1: Whenever you are stressed, go to a calm place and sit comfortably for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Close your eyes. Take deep breaths and count up to 10. Repeat a few times to relax.
- Step 1: Warm coconut or olive oil.
- Step 2: Massage your head, shoulders, feet (bottom part), and neck. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Take a hot shower to reduce the stress instantly.
60. Natural Remedies for Nasal Congestion
Fact: According to NCBI, 10 – 20% of the global population suffers from nasal congestion every year. The prevalence of this health condition is increasing radically. It is not dangerous, but prolonged nasal congestion can lead to serious sinus infections, severe headaches, and other allergies. So, early treatment is necessary.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of carom seeds (crushed) in 1 liter of water. Add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Step 2: Inhale the steam. Keep your face a little away, or else, you may end up burning.
- Step 1: Pour 2 – 3 drops of eucalyptus oil on a clean handkerchief.
- Step 2: Inhale the aroma of the oil few times a day.
59. Home Remedies for Chest Congestion
Fact: Chest congestion is one of the common symptoms of respiratory infections. It occurs when the mucosa or mucus membranes are inflamed and irritated. This usually happens when a person inhales some irritant. Though it isn’t a serious problem, chest congestion for a prolonged period can turn chronic and lead to other problems in the respiratory tract.
- Step 1: Grand the rind of a lemon and boil it in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain it and gargle with it.
- Step 1: Boil 2 – 3 black pepper pieces and 1 small piece of ginger (finely chopped) in 1 cup of water.
- Step 2: After 5 to 7 minutes, turn off the stove. Strain it, add a teaspoon of honey, and drink when it is warm.
58. Home Remedies for Constipation
Fact: About 20% of the global population today suffers from constipation problems. In fact, it is one of the most common digestive problems people complain about. This health condition not only makes a person feel irritated and bloated but also is highly expensive.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of flaxseeds in a glass of water. Leave it for 3 – 4 hours.
- Step 2: Drink the water every night before going to bed. The bowel syndrome will get better.
57. Natural Remedies for Snoring
Fact: About 30% of the adult populations (above the age 30) are snorers. Now, this percentage rises to forty if middle-aged people are considered. About 2/3rd of couples report that their spouse snore. Surprisingly, even 5.6% of kids in the world are affected with habitual snoring.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has revealed that drowsy or sleepy driving is one of the major reasons for an estimated 100,000 accidents per year. An average snore has a sound of 38 decibels; however, the loudest snore ever recorded was about 120 decibels, which is equivalent to the sound produced by an emergency siren.
- Step 1: Mix 1 – 2 drops of essential peppermint oil in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Gargle your mouth with this solution before bedtime. Do not swallow.
- Step 1: Add ½ a teaspoon of organic cardamom powder in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture thirty minutes before bedtime. Repeat the remedy for a few days to reduce snoring.
56. Home Remedies for Pellagra (Vitamin B3 Deficiency)
Fact: Pellagra is another disease that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B3 (or niacin). It is accompanied by abnormal skin rashes, body weakness, loss of appetite, and mouth sores. If left untreated, it worsens gradually, producing acute skin inflammation, severe diarrhea, mental disturbances and finally death.
- Step 1: Include multiple vitamin B3 rich foods in the daily diet.
- Step 2: Example: Potatoes, bananas, kiwis, tomatoes, cabbage, avocados, cabbages, etc.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add a few spinach leaves and boil again for another 5 minutes. Strain it and drink the mixture.
55. Home Remedies for Clogged Ears
Fact: A clogged ear is one of the most common causes of loss of hearing. It happens when a person’s ear is generating more wax than required or the earwax is pushed towards the eardrums, which often leads to an earache, tinnitus, and feeling of ear fullness. There might also be itchiness and discharge from the ears. However, this doesn’t mean earwax is bad. Even though earwax is something that is under-appreciated, it protects the ears from debris, dust and other microorganisms that may infect or irritate.
- Step 1: Wash some fresh basil leaves and extract their juice.
- Step 2: Pour 2 drops of the juice in the affected ear.
- Step 1: Slightly warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 garlic piece.
- Step 2: Use a dropper to pour 2 to 4 drops of the oil into the infected ear. Make sure that the oil is not hot.
54. Home Remedies for Skin Burns
Fact: Every year, about 265,000 people in the world die due to burns. The death rates due to burns in high-income countries have decreased over the years, but it primarily happens in the developing countries, mostly in small-scale industries and homes. About 11+ million people in the world are severely burnt in a year. However, they are completely preventable. Minor burns can be treated at home, but severe ones require immediate medical attention.
- Step 1: Peel and grate a fresh, raw potato.
- Step 2: Apply the juice and the grated potato on the burnt skin region.
- Step 1: Cut open a fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
- Step 2: Apply the fresh gel to the burnt region for relief.
53. Natural Remedies for Hair Fall or Hair Loss
Fact: An estimated 21 million women and 35 million men have the problem of hair loss. About 50 – 100 hair loss in a day is normal but if it exceeds, it is a concern. The problem of hair loss is often associated with stress, excessive work, an underlying disease, and surgeries.
- Step 1: Make a smooth paste of rose petals, neem leaves, and curry leaves.
- Step 2: Take henna powder (based on your hair length) and mix the paste with it.
- Step 3: Add some coconut oil and apply the paste thrice a week to get rid of hair fall.
- Step 1: Take a few tablespoons of fenugreek powder & abrus precatorius powder.
- Step 2: Mix them with pure coconut oil and leave it for a week. Filter it and apply on the hair regularly.
52. Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Fact: 90 to 95% of the sore throats occur due to cold weathers and viral infections, but this often happens because we spend most of the time indoors or with people who are already ill. Smoking or even being in a foggy atmosphere may cause a sore throat or might make the existing soreness worse.
- Step 1: Take some fresh, immature jujube leaves. Wash them properly.
- Step 2: Boil the leaves with salt. Filter and gargle the mouth with it when it is slightly warm.
- Step 1: Take a few bay leaves and boil with water.
- Step 2: Filter it and use it as a mouthwash to get rid of a sore throat.
51. Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Fact: About a generation back, the treatment for persistent sore throats, especially in children was to take away their tonsils & adenoids. However, the medical science has now advanced that the need for surgeries has diminished significantly. However, even these days, tonsillectomy is one of the common childhood surgeries, making it to 383,000 every year. It is common to get tonsillitis, but recurrent ones can be problematic. If left untreated, it can turn chronic and the person may suffer from constant bad breath, inflamed tonsils, sore throats, and tender lymph nodes.
- Step 1: Boil a few fresh peppermint leaves and a piece of ginger (chopped) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain it and drink to soothe the inflamed tonsils.
- Step 1: Take a tablespoon of honey with 4 garlic cloves (finely crushed).
- Step 2: Add both the ingredients to a cup of hot water. Leave it until it warms.
- Step 3: Drink the solution 3 to 4 times a day for relief.
50. Natural Remedies for Stretch Marks
Fact: Stretch marks are always associated with weight gain and pregnancy. However, besides these two, stress and hormonal fluctuations are also among the primary causes. In fact, sudden weight loss can also lead to the formation of stretch marks. It is important to treat them early because once they advance, they are extremely hard to treat.
- Step 1: Slightly warm some castor oil. Apply the oil on stretch marks.
- Step 2: Massage in circular motions for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil, 1 teaspoon of pure tea kernel oil, 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil, 1 tablespoon of beeswax (grated) with ½ cup of pure cocoa butter.
- Step 2: Heat the mixture. Allow it to be warm. Apply on the stretch marks twice or thrice a day. Store the remaining in the refrigerator and use whenever it is required.
49. Home Remedies for Tuberculosis (TB)
Fact: According to WHO, Tuberculosis is one of the prominent causes of deaths worldwide. An estimated 10.4 million population in the world fall ill due to TB whereas 1.8 million die from it every year. About 95% of the TB deaths happen in developing or low-income countries. The leading geographical regions are known to be India, China, Pakistan, Africa, Nigeria, South Africa, and Indonesia.
- Step 1: Take the pulp of two custard apples and boil them in ½ cup water with 20 – 20 raisins.
- Step 2: When the water quantity evaporates a little, filter the mixture and add a pinch of cardamom powder to it. Consume this two times a day to rejuvenate the tissues that are affected by TB.
- Step 1: Boil 3 tablespoons of fresh drumstick leaves with a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Let the mixture warm a little. Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice and a little pepper & salt. Drink the decoction on an empty stomach every morning to ease the symptoms that TB brings.
48. Home Remedies for Anthrax
Fact: There were times when anthrax used to be a rare disease, but the global statistics of people being affected by this disease seems to be increasing every year. People get anthrax from consuming the meat of infected animals.
Also, one can encounter the problem if he or she is handling the animal parts. Anthrax can also affect a person if he or she visits a place that is already affected. The countries where anthrax disease is common are Southern and Central America, Central & Southwest Asia, Eastern Europe, the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Step 1: Take 1 teaspoon of the herb named Gingko Biloba (powdered form).
- Step 2: Boil it with 2 to 3 cups of water. Filter it, have a few tablespoons of it, and refrigerate the remaining. It is a potent herb but do not use it if you have are pregnant or suffering from seizures, diabetes, and infertility.
- Step 1: Take 2 – 3 fresh garlic cloves and chew them raw.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even have garlic juice. Garlic helps in fighting the anthrax infection at a faster pace.
47. Home Remedies for Cholera
Fact: According to the 2015 statistics, there were 172,454 cholera cases, out of which 1304 died. The outbreak of cholera continues to affect many countries. About 41% of the cholera cases come from Africa, 21% from America, and 37% from Asia. Even today, cholera remains a primary public health issue. It affects due to contaminated water and other sanitation resources.
Shockingly, 663 million people don’t get access to clean, drinking water. World Health Organization states that about 80% of the cholera cases can be easily treated using ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts). Cholera is a deadly yet a common disease, which is accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, fever, dehydration, weight loss, sleepiness, and vomiting.
- Step 1: A homemade ORS solution is the right way to treat cholera. Mix 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ a teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of water (clean).
- Step 2: Drink this mixture multiple times a day for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Take a glass of water. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, a small piece of ginger (grated), 1 teaspoon of honey, a few fresh basil and mint leaves.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture two times a day for a week to recover from cholera faster.
46. Home Remedies for Chicken Pox (Varicella)
Fact: An estimated 4 million people in the world have chicken pox every year. It is one of the highly contagious and most common diseases in the world. It easily spreads via coughing, touching, and sneezing. Even though it is a common health condition, it can be prevented by taking pre-vaccinations. Also, if an individual gets it, it can be treated. But in its advanced stage, the disease can turn life-threatening, but this is rare. So, the earlier the treatment is, the better it is!
- Step 1: Grind 10 gm of poppy seeds, a piece of turmeric, and a cup of fresh neem leaves in a mixer. Add a few drops of water to make it smooth.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the chicken pox marks for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh carrots (freshly cut) and ½ cup of coriander leaves (chopped) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until half of the water evaporates. Filter it and drink the soup for a month for strength and rapid recovery.
45. Home Remedies for Smallpox
Fact: Smallpox is one of the acute diseases in the world. It is caused due to the virus called variola and can easily spread from one person to the other. Once an individual is affected by this virus, the initial symptoms will begin within 12 to 14 days, which include prostration, headache, fever, severe backache, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
The worse part comes after this. The patient will have a sudden drop in the body temperature followed by the appearance of rashes on the hands, face, forearms, and trunk. If left untreated, it can turn fatal.
- Step 1: Make a paste of red sandalwood powder.
- Step 2: Apply on the smallpox blisters to relieve itching.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh red raspberry leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: When the quantity turns to 1 cup, filter it and drink when it is cool.
44. Home Remedies for Polio
Fact: Polio is an extremely infectious disease. It is caused by a virus, which attacks the nervous system and paralyzes the entire body within a few hours. It mainly occurs in children below the age five. Sadly, once polio attacks a human, there is no treatment. It can only be prevented via pre-polio vaccines.
Note: There is no cure for polio. But can be prevented with the following remedies. But use these tips only as an adjunct. The primary way to prevent this deadly disease is polio vaccines.
- Step 1: Spice up the dish enough coriander seeds powder.
- Step 2: You can even drink coriander juice to prevent polio.
- Step 1: Intense ayurvedic massages help in alleviating the pain and paralysis that has occurred.
- Step 2: Meet an ayurvedic professional and have the paralyzed muscles to repair. Though this doesn’t cure the problem, it helps to some extent.
43. Home Remedies for Depression
Fact: Depression is one the most common mental disorders that affects about 350 million people in the world. Sadly, it also includes children. World Health Organization states that depression is one of the leading causes of suicides, disabilities, and other major diseases. If the problem is not identified and treated early, it can bring up suicidal thoughts in the patient.
- Step 1: Crush about 12 – 14 almonds and mix it with a tablespoon of organic honey.
- Step 2: Eat a tablespoon of this mixture two times a day morning and night to fight depression.
- Step 1: Eat fresh, grilled or steamed asparagus thrice a week.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even boil powdered asparagus in 2 cups of water. Filter and allow it to be cool. Drink the decoction to fight against depression.
42. Natural Remedies for Hepatitis C
Fact: Hepatitis can be classified into 5 types, among which Hepatitis C is reported to be one of the most common liver diseases. The most common ways the infection starts is via insufficient sterilization of medical equipments, transfusion of untested blood and unsafe vaccination practices. Hepatitis C affects millions of people in the world every year. An estimated 130 – 150 of the global population suffer from chronic hepatitis C, who eventually develops liver cancer or liver cirrhosis.
- Step 1: Boil a glass of milk.
- Step 2: Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Stir well and drink two times a day.
- Step 1: Chew 1 – 2 fresh garlic cloves a day.
- Step 2: The compound allicin in garlic helps in detoxifying the liver naturally.
41. Home Remedies for Melanoma
Fact: Melanoma is one of the most common and deadly skin cancers. The prevalence rate of this disease has doubled since the year 1973. About 132,000 people are diagnosed with melanoma every year. It is among the rapidly increasing forms of skin cancer and sadly, millions of people die from it every year. The highest incidence of melanoma is seen in regions like New Zealand and Australia.
- Step 1: Include turmeric in your daily diet.
- Step 2: The compound curcumin in turmeric protects the skin from further damage.
- Step 1: Eggplant is another great food for treating melanoma naturally.
- Step 2: Eggplants have a compound called Cura derm BEC5, which amazingly works on melanoma.
40. Home Remedies for Osteoporosis
Fact: International Osteoporosis Foundation has anticipated that the global prevalence of hip fractures in women will increase by 240% in women and 310% in men by the year 2050. Globally, about 200 million people have osteoporosis out of which an estimated 8.9+ million people suffer from severe fractures every year, resulting in a painful, osteoporotic fracture in every three seconds.
- Step 1: Include pineapple in your daily diet. It can be a cup of freshly cut pineapple pieces or a glass of fresh juice.
- Step 2: Pineapple is a rich source of manganese, a nutrient required to keep the bones healthy. Hence, consuming adequate amounts of pineapple truly helps.
- Step 1: Boil 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Once the quantity decreases to one cup, filter it and add a few drops of honey. Drink the decoction once a day.
39. Natural Remedies for Autism
Fact: Autism is one of the most common mental disorders whose prevalence has drastically grown in these decades. 1 out of 68 children is reported to be affected with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Autism can occur to a human of any race, gender, and age. It is 4.5 times more commonly seen in boys than in girls. Sadly, there is no cure for autism, but this doesn’t mean it cannot be improved. Some learning skills, communication activities, and right foods can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix coconut oil with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl.
- Step 2: Slightly warm the mixture and massage with it. Autistic kids experience high mood swings. They can get hyper easily. Hence, a massage with lavender oil can help them relax.
- Step 1: Take a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Step 2: Drinking turmeric-milk on a regular basis is known to do a great help.
38. Home Remedies for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Fact: What was once considered a rare psychological disorder is now reported to be one of the most common problems of the brain. OCD is a mental disorder, which is characterized by compulsions and obsessions. If left unobserved, it causes a high distress.
An estimated 2.3 percent of the global population between the age groups 18 and 54 has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which outranks the mental problems like panic attacks, bipolar disorders, and schizophrenia. The onset of OCD falls in the age 6 – 15 in men and 20 – 29 in women.
- Step 1: Consuming oats for breakfast helps in bringing calmness to mind and body.
- Step 2: Make sure to have oats with milk, garnished with a few fresh citrus fruits.
- Step 1: A troubled, nervous system is one of the main reasons for OCD. It is vital to soothe the nerves.
- Step 2: Prepare a bathtub of warm water and add a few drops of lemon and lavender oil to it. Have a bath and relax.
37. Home Remedies for Epilepsy
Fact: Epilepsy is one of the most common and chronic neurological disorders humans face today. It occurs due to the abnormal activity in the brain’s nerve cells. About 50 million of the global population has epilepsy. An estimated 10% of the global population will have at least 1 seizure in their lifetime, but just 1 seizure attack doesn’t indicate epilepsy. The problem is serious if the person gets 2 or more uncalled seizures.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted lime juice in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture before going to bed on alternate days for a few weeks to see a notable difference.
- Step 1: Winter melons are one of the best remedies for epilepsies. Prepare a glass of fresh winter melon juice.
- Step 2: Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
36. Home Remedies for Dizziness
Fact: Occasional dizziness is common but recurring can be a sign of a serious problem like vertigo – a serious health condition, which makes a person feel that the entire space around him is spinning. It affects about 40% of the adult population (who are above the age 40) at least once.
- Step 1: To recover from dizziness, eat a healthy snack that is enriched with carbohydrates.
- Step 2: Usually, a chocolate bar or a ripe banana is given to the patient.
- Step 1: Extract the juice of 1 lemon and add it to a glass of water.
- Step 2: Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar. Stir well and drink to overcome the dizziness.
35. Home Remedies for Cataracts
Fact: Cataract is one of the most common eye disorders in the world. It is a condition where the eye lens is clouded and disturbs the person from getting a clear vision. The majority of the cataract cases are associated with aging. However, rarely, a kid can be born with this condition.
According to the recent assessments, cataract is one of the primary reasons for an estimated 51% of the global blindness. Though cataracts can be treated surgically, this remains a significant concern in low-income countries.
Note: Getting it treated via surgery is the ideal way to eliminate the cataract but there are a few things that can be done at home to prevent the condition or to treat extremely mild eye cataracts.
- Step 1: Prepare a glass of juice made of fresh carrots, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Step 2: These three vegetables are a great source of vitamin A. Hence, drinking it every day can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix 10 grams of these ingredients each: ginger juice, onion juice, and lemon juice.
- Step 2: Filter it and add a few drops of honey. Store the mixture in the refrigerator. Take a dropper and pour 2 drops of this solution into the affected eye every day. This will cure mild cataracts.
34. Natural Remedies for Glaucoma
Fact: Glaucoma is one of the deadly and common eye disorders. According to WHO, it is the second leading reason for global blindness. It damages the optic nerves and leads to blindness. The affected eye continuously generates a fluid – scientifically known as aqueous. In the advanced stage, the damage is irreparable and permanent. So, it is vital to have your eyes examined in the initial phase.
Note: Prevention is the only way to keep yourself away from glaucoma. The loss of vision comes gradually. That’s why it is often known as the silent thief of sight.
- Step 1: Include different types of fresh green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Leafy vegetables are a good source of zeaxanthin and lutein. Both protect the cells from radical damage.
- Step 1: Have dark colored berries like blueberries and cranberries.
- Step 2: They have bioflavonoids in them, which help in strengthening the eye capillaries.
33. Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
Fact: Dry eyes or Dry eye syndrome is yet another common eye problems people have. The problem occurs when the eye glands fail to produce enough tears for the eye to have a clear vision. It is the disease of the ocular surface, which results in visual impairment and ocular discomfort.
- Step 1: Include sufficient amounts of omega-3 supplements in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Natural omega-3 fatty acids is one of the best ways to relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
- Step 1: Perform some eye exercises to get rid of the strain. Blink constantly for a minute.
- Step 2: Another remedy is to slice a fresh cucumber and place them on your eyes.
32. Home Remedies for Scabies
Fact: Scabies is one of the most common skin diseases, which can affect an individual of any age group or race. It spreads quickly, especially in crowded environments like nursing homes and prisons. According to uptodate.com, an estimated 100 million people in the world suffer from scabies. The prevalence of this skin problem ranges from 0.2% to 71% on a global scale.
- Step 1: Apply a few drops of neem oil on the affected skin region. Massage gently and leave for a while.
- Step 2: Take bath using warm water. Repeat the remedy every day for a few weeks to prevent the infection from spreading further.
- Step 1: Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf. Apply the gel on the infected skin region
- Step 2: Leave for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
31. Natural Remedies for Irregular Periods
Fact: About 70% of women in the world have irregularities in their menstrual cycle. Mostly it happens due to stress or emotional difficulties. However, prolonged irregularities in periods can be a sign of a serious health issue in the reproductive system, which is known as PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). So, check with a gynecologist.
- Step 1: Jaggery and sesame seeds can do wonders in overcoming the problem of irregular periods. Take 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and slightly roast them.
- Step 2: Grind the seeds with 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Eat 1 teaspoon of this powder on an empty stomach 2 weeks prior the periods begin. Repeat this for a few months.
- Step 1: Add multiple vitamin C rich foods in your everyday diet like tomatoes, apples, oranges, berries, etc.
- Step 2: Vitamin C helps in producing estrogen (hormones that handle the menses).
30. Home Remedies for Insomnia (Lack of Sleep)
Fact: An estimated 30% of the global population has insomnia. Sleep Foundation says that widowed, divorced and separated individuals are the primary victims. Insomnia is an issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly because it has serious negative effects. According to the researchers at the University of Rochester, people who do not get adequate sleep are vulnerable to frustration, road accidents and high rates of lost workdays.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
- Step 2: This is a well-known remedy and works because milk has a compound called tryptophan, which helps in inducing better sleep.
- Step 1: The herb named Valerian is claimed to be an effective remedy for insomnia. Take a teaspoon of valerian roots (dried). You can buy the powdered form.
- Step 2: Boil the roots in 2 cups of water. Wait until the quantity drops to a cup. Drink before bedtime.
29. IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Fact: According to the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, an estimated 10 to 15% of the global population suffers from IBS. The correct cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is still unknown. However, the patient experiences heavy disturbances in the way the nervous system, gut, and the brain interacts. The impact can be a mild discomfort to fatal debilitation.
- Step 1: Boil 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (crushed) in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain the mixture and allow it to cool. Drink 2 times a day. Repeat the remedy for a few days to get rid of IBS.
- Step 1: Boil 2 – 3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers (dried) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain the mixture and add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Allow it to be cool. Drink 2 times a day. Repeat the remedy for a few days to get rid of IBS.
28. Home Remedies for Crohn’s Disease
Fact: Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease, which is characterized by chronic inflammation in the digestive system. It commonly occurs at the end of the small intestine. Once the problem starts, it cannot be cured. However, medications like immunosuppressants and steroids help in slowing the progress of this disease.
- Step 1: Take some fresh peppermint leaves and boil them in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity turns to 1 cup. Filter it and drink when it is warm. The antioxidants in peppermint heal the inflammation that has occurred in the gut.
- Step 1: Have a cup of homemade, plain yogurt every day.
- Step 2: The probiotics in yogurt help in healing the inflamed digestive tracts.
27. Natural Remedies for Bipolar Disorder
Fact: Bipolar disorder is one of the common mental disorders, which affects an estimated 60 million in the world. It is characterized by both depressive and maniac episodes, divided by phases of usual mood. The maniac episodes entail irritable or elevated mood, inflated self-esteem, decreased sleep and over-activity. However, it is treatable and preventable.
- Step 1: Include foods that are rich in magnesium. It helps in balancing the mood and reduces the mania symptoms. Also, it promotes a better sleep.
- Step 2: Some good sources are cashews, black beans, soybeans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, etc.
- Step 1: Boil 1 teaspoon of licorice roots (dried) in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity reduces to 1 cup, strain it and drink when it is warm.
26. Home Remedies for Food Poisoning
Fact: It is shocking to know that about 420,000 people in the world die from food poisoning every year (source: independent.co.uk). 1 out of 10 people tends to fall ill annually from consuming contaminated food. Children under age 5 are at the maximum risk, with about 1,25,000 dying from it each year. The African and southern East Asian countries are reported to have the highest cases of foodborne diseases.
- Step1: Prepare a glass of freshly made basil leaves juice. Add one tablespoon of honey to it.
- Step2: Drink this juice several times a day to get rid of food poisoning.
- Step1: Extract the juice of a small piece of ginger and add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Step2: Consume the mixture two times a day to overcome food poisoning.
25. Home Remedies for Dehydration
Fact: On a global scale, about 42,000 people die from low water quantity and lack of adequate sanitation. Every year, insufficient water and improper hygiene contribute to an estimated death of 1.5 million children. It is very important to keep the body hydrated because once it turns chronic, it is life-threatening. Dehydration can even result in loss of memory power, anxiety and irritability.
- Step1: Take 4 cups of water and add 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ teaspoons of salt to it.
- Step2: Stir it properly and drink this water several times a day.
- Step1: Drink a glass of coconut water every morning. Ditch those sports drinks and artificial beverages.
- Step 2: Coconut water is reported to be low in sugar as well as calories. It replenishes chronic dehydration than plain, drinking water.
24. Home Remedies for Nausea
Fact: Nausea is one of the most unpleasant sensations that occur in the upper abdomen. It is the expulsion of all the gastric contents via the mouth. Everyone in the world experiences it at least once or multiple times in a year, but it is a primary concern if it is recurring or turns chronic. In such cases, it is a sign of an underlying medical condition.
- Step 1: Grate a fresh piece of ginger.
- Step 2: Mix it in a cup of boiling water. Leave it for a while. Strain and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Chew some fresh peppermint leaves.
- Step 2: The menthol in peppermint leaves helps in getting rid of nausea.
23. Natural Remedies for Gingivitis
Fact: While the majority of the people think heart diseases and cancers as the deadliest but gum problems like gingivitis are no small contenders. They can cause bone loss, tooth loss, and have been associated with fatal systemic health issues like pancreatic cancers and cardiovascular diseases. It is the inflammation of the gum tissues. There is bleeding, pain, swelling, and redness of the gums. Gum diseases are one of the most prevalent health issues, which can have shocking effects.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Use this solution to rinse your mouth 2 to 3 times a day.
- Step 1: Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and mix it a glass of water. Use the mixture as a mouthwash after you brush the teeth. Repeat the remedy two times a day to prevent bleeding gums.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can mix 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted lemon juice with a little salt. Apply the paste on the gums and rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
22. Home Remedies for Wisdom Teeth
Fact: The third molars or wisdom teeth are the last set of teeth to develop and emerge in the mouth. They develop between the age 17 & 25, a phase of life which is usually known as the “Age of Wisdom.”
Extracting them is not necessary if they are painless, functional, disease-free and cavity-free. Well, this is not common to see because most wisdom teeth cases are problematic because they emerge at abnormal angles, making it very hard to come out from the gum.
- Step 1: Keep a clove near the aching wisdom tooth.
- Step 2: Once the clove starts to release its essential oil, there will be a relief from the pain.
- Step 1: Chewing 1 – 2 guava leaves (tender ones) helps in relieving the pain.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can boil 4 – 5 tender guava leaves in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Filter it and rinse the mouth with when it is warm. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a day to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
21. Home Remedies for Root Canal
Fact: If the United States statistics is to be considered, an estimated 15 million are diagnosed with root canals every year. This accounts for 41,000 root canal surgeries per day. A root canal effectively eliminates the pulp from the tooth and restores it with a nice, synthetic material. Doing this stops the affected tooth from rotting or further internal damage.
- Step 1: Take a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Step 2: Mix it in a glass of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash to get rid of the pain.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Use this solution to rinse the mouth 2 to 3 times a day.
20. Home Remedies for Dysuria (Painful Urination)
Fact: Dysuria refers to burning pain while urinating. It is one of the primary signs of an underlying internal problem like vaginitis or UTI. It is associated with the inflammation of the genitourinary tract.
- Step 1: Wash a handful of fresh chocolate weed leaves.
- Step 2: Boil the leaves with 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Filter the liquid and drink once a day.
- Step 1: Take cumin seeds and barley in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Mix them in freshly prepared spinach leaves juice. Bring them to boil. Add a little water if required. Strain and drink when it is warm.
19. Natural Remedies for Parasites (Intestinal Worms)
Fact: Don’t take parasites lightly because according to the CDC reports, they can cause serious diseases in humans. Some parasitic problems can be treated but some cannot. According to plos, more than 1 million people die every year from parasitic infections. Though it is most common in the tropical & sub-tropical regions, it is also seen in developed countries.
The deadliest parasites in humans are protozoa (single-celled organisms). With over 80,000 types, a few of these small creatures are contributed to high rates of miseries and deaths. A well-known and deadly parasitic protozoan is plasmodium, a parasite that causes malaria.
Note: The best way to get rid of intestinal worms or parasites is to cleanse the body with natural foods.
- Step 1: Boil the bark (about 2 inches) of a pomegranate tree in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the water evaporates to 1 cup. Strain it and drink 3 times a day when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the water evaporates to 1 cup. Strain it and drink 3 times a day when it is warm.
18. Home Remedies for Bad Breath
Fact: Bad Breath Institute states that an estimated 35% to 45% of the global population has some level of bad breath. If you think that bad breath is no big deal, then think over because about 60% of the bad breath victims are more prone to be stressed. About 57% of them have reported to have feelings of dejection and depression only because their mouth stinks.
- Step 1: Take 1 to 2 tender, immature bay leaves.
- Step 2: Clean them properly and chew 2 to 3 times a day.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh lemon leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the solution and use it as a mouthwash multiple times a day.
17. Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids (Piles)
Fact: Hemorrhoids are also known as piles. They are not deadly, but they make a person’s daily life miserable and incredibly challenging. It is one of the worst diseases to live with. A person suffering from hemorrhoids or piles experiences extreme pain and uneasiness in the rectal part.
They are most commonly seen in people between the ages 40 and 65 but, even young adults can experience them. A common myth associated with piles is that – hot spicy foods are the cause; however, the fact is that constipation is the primary reason.
- Step 1: Take a glass of warm goat milk.
- Step 2: Mix a little sugar and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (finely ground). Drink every day before going to bed.
- Step 1: Mix a teaspoon of black mustard in a cup of homemade, plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture once a day for a few weeks for desired results. Make sure to chew the mustard seeds properly.
16. Home Remedies for Peptic Ulcer (Stomach Ulcer)
Fact: Peptic ulcers are reported to be one of the most common stomach infections. In spite of decades of research, it remains to be a serious trouble in humans. About 1/3rd of the global population suffers from peptic ulcers and is often said to lead to more chronic complications like cancers and even death sometimes.
- Step 1: An effective remedy to treat stomach or peptic ulcers is to eat 2 to 3 ripe bananas per day.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can have 2 glass of banana milkshakes a day.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture and add a few drops of honey. Drink regularly. Also, add fenugreek leaves to your daily diet.
15. Tinnitus (Ringing Ears)
Fact: Tinnitus once used to be a rare ear problem; however, the global statistics reveal a different story now. According to WHO, an estimated 1.1 billion people are at a risk of hearing loss, among which tinnitus is a primary cause. Tinnitus is an ear condition where the patient experiences continuous ringing in the ears, which is caused by loud noises, ear infections, emotional stress or head injury.
- Step 1: Take the extract of Ginkgo biloba and divide it into 3 doses.
- Step 2: Consume for at least 2 months for positive results. Avoid the remedy if you have seizures or you are already on some medications.
- Step 1: Take a teaspoon of mustard oil and warm it slightly.
- Step 2: Use a dropper and pour a few drops of it into the affected ear. Repeat the process for a few days.
14. Natural Remedies for Binge Eating (Overeating)
Fact: The exact statistics of binge eating is not clear because the majority of sufferers don’t come forward. While most are embarrassed, others are still confused. Binge or overeating are complex, devastating, and real conditions that may have severe consequences on health, relationships, and productivity. If left untreated, they can be life-threatening, as it affects both physical as well as mental health.
- Step 1: The remedy here is all about mindset. So an effective way to stop binge eating is to keep yourself occupied with something you love to do.
- Step 2: Doing this will keep yourself diverted from food.
- Step 1: Simplify the meal plan. Discard all the junk and oily foods from the pantry.
- Step 2: Replace it with healthy fruits. So, each time you eat, a healthier food goes in.
13. Home Remedies for Chikungunya
Fact: Chikungunya is one of the serious viral diseases that is transmitted via infected mosquitoes. Once it affects the person, it causes intense joint pain and fever. Besides these, it causes fatigue, nausea, headache, and rashes. Shockingly, there is no cure, but treatments can be done to relieve the symptoms.
- Step 1: Add enough amounts of ginger and turmeric to your regular diet.
- Step 2: Both these ingredients have natural anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties to fight the infection.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of freshly made carrot juice.
- Step 2: It helps in minimizing the joint pain.
12. Natural Remedies for Lactose Intolerance
Fact: Lactose intolerance happens when an individual is not able to digest or absorb the milk sugar “lactose.” It causes bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, and cramps. About 75% of the global population lose their lactase enzymes right after weaning.
- Step 1: Add foods that are enriched with vitamin K.
- Step 2: Some natural sources include broccoli, cabbage, basil, cucumbers etc.
- Step 1: Use coconut oil for cooking.
- Step 2: Coconut oil helps in improving digestion, burns fat, kills the bad bacteria and balances the sugar levels.
11. Home Remedies for Brain Tumors
Fact: Brain tumor is the 2nd leading cause of cancer-associated deaths in individuals under age 20. The average survival rate of all brain tumors (malignant) is 34.2%. The exact cause of most brain tumors is still a mystery. However, symptoms include seizures, recurrent headaches, eye weakness, personality changes, vomiting, nausea, etc. So, the symptoms that sound simple, in reality, are not. They could be a sign of a fatal disease.
Note: Disease like brain tumor requires clinical treatments. However, you can prevent it.
- Step 1: To prevent brain tumors, intake of natural foods that is rich in folic acid like green leafy vegetables, berries, oranges, spinach, beans, etc.
- Step 2: Folic acid prevents the cancer cells from spreading.
- Step 1: Drink a cup of green tea every day.
- Step 2: Green tea has powerful cancer-fighting properties. It inhibits the development of tumor cells, improves the blood circulation in the body and ensures that the nerves, as well as arteries, are healthy.
10. Home Remedies for Alzheimer’s Disease
Fact: According to this research, Alzheimer’s disease affects about 44 million people globally. This means that 1 in 4 people will have the problem of Alzheimer or an associated dementia. It is one of the most common diseases in the Western Europe and one of the leading causes of disabilities. It is characterized by confusions and memory loss.
- Step 1: Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Step 2: Use this three times in your everyday cooking. Alternatively, you can prepare a cup of cinnamon & ginger tea.
- Step 1: Besides herbs and natural foods, mental exercises are reported to be highly effective in treating the problem.
- Step 2: Crosswords, writing, reading, word puzzles and other mental exercises help in relaxing the brain as well as making it sharper.
9. Home Remedies for Parkinson’s Disease (Neurological Movement Disorder)
Fact: According to Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, more than ten million people in the world suffer from this neurological movement disorder every year. The prevalence of Parkinson’s disease increases as a person ages. When compared to women, men are 1 ½ times more prone to it. Once this deadly disease attacks, it cannot be cured, but continuous medical treatments can help to some extent.
Note: Parkinson’s disease cannot be cured, but remedies can be applied to ease the symptoms.
- Step 1: “Gait training” works effectively in treating the Parkinson’s symptoms. This training involves new ways to walk, turn, and stand.
- Step 2: Say, for example, take bigger steps while walking and ensure to keep the head straight. Do not use shoes that have rubber soles because they might stick to the floor and can increase the chances of tripping.
- Step 1: Drink a cup of freshly prepared green tea every day.
- Step 2: From aiding weight loss to dealing with deadly diseases like cancers, green tea has also shown positive signs in treating Parkinson’s disease.
8. Natural Remedies for Prostate Cancer
Fact: According to this research, prostate cancer is the 4th deadliest and common cancer. About 1.1 million men in the world have prostate cancer. The prevalence of prostate cancer varies based on the region. It is the highest in New Zealand, Northern America Western Europe, Northern Europe, and Australia.
Note: A person who has prostate cancer requires timely clinical treatments. However, the disease can be prevented as well as helped to some extent with the intake of right foods.
- Step 1: Eat tomatoes. It can either fresh or in the form or juice or cooked.
- Step 2: Tomatoes have a compound called lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that assists in preventing and spreading of the cancer cells.
- Step 1: Eat a fresh pomegranate a day.
- Step 2: Research has demonstrated that the nutrients in pomegranate help in inhibiting the spread of cancerous cells.
7. Home Remedies for Lung Cancer
Fact: Smoking and use of tobacco are one of the primary causes for an estimated 70% of deaths from lung cancer in the world while the rest is due to HPV & HBV. About 1.59 million people die from lung cancer every year. About 58% of the lung cancer cases are reported to be common in developing countries. Hungary is the highest, followed by Serbia and Korea.
Note: A serious condition like lung cancer requires medical intervention. However, remedies can be applied as an adjunct.
- Step 1: If you are a smoker, quit this habit tight away because that will worsen the condition even more.
- Step 2: Include natural foods that are enriched with vitamin D because it is one of the vital nutrients for lung cancer patients.
- Step 1: Have a cup of freshly cut noni (cheese fruit) every day.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even consume its extract. The fruit is reported to help in fighting against the cancer cells effectively.
6. Colon Cancer (or Colorectal Cancer)
Fact: Colorectal or colon cancer is the world’s 3rd most common cancer, accounting for an estimated 1.4 million cases every year. After two decades, the colon cancer cases are anticipated to increase by 70%. Fortunately, colon cancer is 100% preventable.
Note: Colon cancer requires timely medical treatments. However, remedies can be applied to prevent it.
- Step 1: To keep the colon healthy, it is important to consume the right foods.
- Step 2: Flaxseeds is something that is good for the colon. It is enriched with fiber, proteins, minerals, vitamins, linolenic acid, and other vital phytonutrients to prevent the cancer cells from forming.
- Step 1: According to National Cancer Institute, garlic is one of the best natural foods to prevent cancer.
- Step 2: Either eat 1 – 2 garlic cloves raw every day or use them in cooking.
5. Home Remedies for Breast Cancer
Fact: Breast cancer is the leading and most common cancer in women. In worst stages, the breasts are removed or the disease causes death. About 508,000 women died from breast cancer in the year 2011. About 58% of the deaths occur in developing countries. The prevalence varies worldwide. However, the highest rates are contributed to Western Europe and Eastern Africa.
Note: A woman with breast cancer requires periodic medical diagnosis. However, breast cancer can be prevented with the intake of right, natural foods.
- Step 1: Include broccoli in your regular diet.
- Step 2: Broccoli has a compound called linamarase gene, which breaks down into cyanides and successfully kills the tumor cells.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of wheatgrass juice regularly.
- Step 2: Wheatgrass is highly healthy and beneficial for inhibiting the cancer cells.
4. Home Remedies for Mesothelioma
Fact: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer, which is caused when a person is exposed to asbestos. Even though there isn’t any cure for this disease, the survival rates are reported to be improving with the help of treatments from a specialist. The incidence of mesothelioma varies from one region to the other. In the United States, about 2000 to 3000 people are diagnosed with it every year. It is more common in men than women.
- Step 1: Have 1 teaspoon of Mistletoe extracts two times a day.
- Step 2: This herb has powerful antioxidants to kill all the cancer cells from the body.
- Step 1: Include apples and onions in your everyday diet.
- Step 2: The flavonoids in them helps in destroying the cancer cells.
3. Home Remedies for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Fact: COPD is one of the deadliest lung diseases, which interferes with the breathing. More than three million people die every year from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. The primary cause is none other than tobacco. It has no cure, but regular treatments can slow down the disease’s progress.
Note: A life-threatening problem like COPD requires proper medical supervision. However, you can prevent it.
- Step 1: Since 90% of the COPD cases are due to smoking, quitting it is the right remedy to slow down its progress.
- Step 2: Besides quitting smoking, bring some healthy lifestyle changes like exercising and consuming natural foods.
- Step 1: Reduce the stress levels by drinking a cup of green tea.
- Step 2: The antioxidants in green tea helps in eliminating the inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Home Remedies for HIV/AIDS
Fact: According to WHO, 70+ million people are infected with HIV, out of which 35+ die every year. As per the 2015 reports, an estimated 36.7 million of the global population was surviving with HIV. The African regions are revealed to have the highest AIDS rates, wherein 1 in 25 adults are infected with HIV. The disease has no cure. So, prevention is the safe side.
Note: A person who is HIV positive requires immediate medical intervention. Taking it lightly can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Since HIV is caused when the person encounters the infected semen, blood, or vaginal fluids, prevention is the best remedy for HIV. Another common yet dangerous way of getting HIV is by sharing the same drug needle that an HIV-positive patient has used.
- Step 2: Have a protected sex.
- Step 1: According to natural society, black seeds (Nigella sativa) are reported to be helpful for treating HIV.
- Step 2: Black seeds have multiple benefits and has been a wonderful healing remedy for ages.
1. Home Remedies for Heart Attack
Fact: According to WHO, cardiovascular diseases are not only common but also the leading cause of most deaths worldwide. In 2012, about 17.5 million sufferers died from it. One-third of the deaths from heart attacks and strokes happen in middle and low-income countries. The risk factors include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, increased cholesterol, alcohol, and unhealthy eating patterns. Fortunately, it is 100% preventable.
- Step 1: To prevent heart attacks, eat a fresh garlic clove every day.
- Step 2: Garlic helps in controlling raised cholesterol and hypertension. But do not take it if you are already taking medications. So, it is crucial to talk with your doctor about it.
- Step 1: Alfalfa is one of the best herbs to treat cardiovascular diseases.
- Step 2: Drink a glass of juice made from alfalfa leaves. However, discuss with your doctor for the correct dosage.