Fact: Asthma is one of the chronic and most common diseases that occurs in the lung airways. It causes wheezing, tightness in the chest, and coughing. Aaaai.org reports that about 300 million individuals around the globe have asthma and this count is predicted to increase by a 100 million more in the year 2025. An estimated 250,000 asthma deaths occur every year. Fortunately, the condition is avoidable if the correct remedies are applied.
- Step 1: Take some fresh betel leaves and extract its juice. Soak a few pieces of black pepper into the prepared betel leaves juice for two days.
- Step 2: Dry the mixture and powder it. Tale ½ teaspoon of it and mix it with a few drops of honey. Eat this two times a day (morning and night) after meals.
- Step 1: Boil 4 – 5 dry cloves in a cup of water. Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey for flavor.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture twice a week for a month for best results.
Fact: Pimples or acne is yet another most common skin condition that affects more than 65% of the global population. It is more commonly seen in teenagers than adults. Pimple breakouts in the early stage require treatment. If left untreated, they can turn to a chronic skin problem called acne, which are often characterized by deeper, painful lumps, scars, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. Shockingly, the embarrassment leads to anxiety and depression. According to American Academy of Dermatology, an estimated 85% people between the age groups 12 & 24 experience minor acne at least once. The global cost linked with pimple or acne treatment exceeds $3 billion.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of green gram powder with lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh basil leaves and grind them with a little water to form a paste.
- Step 2: Apply the paste directly on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Then, wash off.
Fact: Freckles are often mistaken for moles and pimples; however, they are different. Freckles are clusters of melanized cells that are easily visible on individuals with a very fair complexion. They are most commonly seen on the face, arms, and shoulders. Freckles turn darker during summer times and fade away in the winter. Freckles are not a serious concern, but fair-skinned people are likely to have skin cancer. So, it is vital to watch out for too many color-changing, larger freckles, as they can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Grind some fresh touch-me-not plant leaves with a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Step 2: Apply this on your freckles regularly to get rid of them.
- Step 1: Grind 3 – 4 betel leaves with 2 – 3 garlic cloves in a mixer-grinder.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the freckles regularly to get rid of them.
Fact: Toothaches are one of the most common dental problems people around the world experience. Though there are various causes of tooth pain, the common reasons include dental trauma, tooth decay, dental abscess, and extraction. Also, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and drinking are the major causes for the most oral problems.
- Step 1: Take some fresh peppermint leaves. Wash and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind them to powder form. Mix it with a little salt. Brush with it when you have pain.
- Step 1: Grind sugar and black pepper in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the tooth pain for relief.
Fact: Diarrhea kills more than 2150 children in the world every day, which is more than malaria, measles, and AIDS combined. It is the second leading cause of global deaths of kids below the age 5. Diarrhea in children who already have HIV is deadlier. The death rate of such kids is eleven times higher. The main cause of diarrhea is contaminated water and food. It can be life threatening if not treated on time.
- Step 1: Eat a cup of homemade, unsweetened plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Natural probiotics like yogurt helps in reducing diarrheal symptoms.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh chamomile flowers with 1 teaspoon of chopped peppermint leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, strain the liquid and drink 2 – 3 times a day for relief.