65. Jaundice (Yellow Fever)
Fact: Jaundice or yellow fever is one of the most common liver diseases. Around 60% of all the healthy newborns will have jaundice in the early days of life. However, it will go away within 7 – 10 days. In adults, jaundice can be severe if left untreated.
- Step 1: Take some fresh papaya leaves and discard the veins. Make a paste of it.
- Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of honey to this paste and eat for 1 – 2 weeks to treat jaundice.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of Aegle marmelos plant (bael). Extract the juice.
- Step 2: Mix 1 teaspoon of pepper powder to it and drink. Along with this, ensure to drink a glass of sugarcane juice two times a day.
64. Joint Pain
Fact: According to arthritis.org, 1 out of 5 individuals above the age 18 suffer from arthritis every year (about 50+ million adults). Shockingly, adults aren’t the only ones to have this problem but even kids too. An estimated 300,000 kids suffer from arthritis.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of the Indigofera tinctoria plant.
- Step 2: Sauté these leaves in 4 – 5 tablespoons of castor oil. Filter and massage this warm oil on aching part.
- Step 1: Boil ½ teaspoon of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of ginger (freshly grated) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Strain and a little honey. Drink two times a day.
Fact: According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control), 50% of the global population have sunburns. It is a condition where the skin becomes red, and there is a constant burning sensation. It occurs due to overexposure to UV rays. It is treatable, but once it turns fatal, it is a sign of serious skin cancer.
- Step 1: Slit open a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, take out the gel and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Apply the chilled gel on the affected skin part and leave for 30 minutes. Wash with cold water. Repeat the remedy 4 to 5 times a day for faster relief from sunburns.
- Step 1: Wrap some ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- Step 2: Hold on the affected skin region for a minute or two. Repeat this for a few times.
62. Dark Circles
Fact: Dark circles or eye circles is not a disease but a common skin condition. In fact, 9 in 10 people will have dark circles. They are not life threatening. Dark circles are an outcome of excess exposure to UV rays, unhealthy eating patterns, and stress. They will only make a person feel embarrassed. However, with effective remedies, they can be made lighter.
- Step 1: Mix equal proportions of peppermint juice, rose water, and basil leaves juice in a bowl.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of fuller’s earth with sufficient amount of pineapple juice.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
Fact: Stress is not a disease but of course, the primary cause of most health problems today. It is a serious health concern, which shouldn’t be overlooked. An estimated 75% of the global population goes through stress every 2 weeks. Eventually, prolonged stress leads to sleepless nights, anxiety, stomach problems, depression, headaches, fatigue, lack of interest, etc.
- Step 1: Whenever you are stressed, go to a calm place and sit comfortably for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Close your eyes. Take deep breaths and count up to 10. Repeat a few times to relax.
- Step 1: Warm coconut or olive oil.
- Step 2: Massage your head, shoulders, feet (bottom part), and neck. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Take a hot shower to reduce the stress instantly.